Official Soundtrack Thread?

Can we get an official soundtrack thread in this forum? I feel like there’s a lot to discuss about the soundtracks of H5G in terms of what we want to hear, what we’ve heard so far, and how it compares to previous soundtracks. It seems that a considerable amount of people don’t realize the importance of music in Halo. I mean, it’s a large part of Halo’s identity. Anybody who’s played video games has probably heard of the Halo theme and can recite at least the beginning vocals with the monks. So yeah, it’d be nice if we could get an official thread going because I, like some others value the soundtracks as much as the game itself, and I think it’d be cool if like minded people could go there and just hang out to discuss all things Halo music. I know I would definitely love to. :slight_smile:

Great topic. Thus far, from trailers (Halo 5 guardians Beta trailer and the live action commercials), I have loved the direction of the music. The old Halo theme is there, but it’s much darker and atmospheric. The menu music for Halo 5 Guardians Beta, however, has me worried. It was way off the beaten path, IMO, and didn’t sound like Halo.

The Beta music was likely multiplayer music.

> 2533274801802416;3:
> The Beta music was likely multiplayer music.

Yeah it was, but it just wasn’t really my thing. It sounded like music from a Steven Seagal movie. The music from every other promo, trailer, or teaser is fantastic.

I’d very much like this thread to get more traction to see what people think :slight_smile:

when in the chief trailer, the chief looks at locke the music sounds super epic

I liked the more military sounds of Reach’s soundtrack, but the gentler tones of the older games are good too. From what I heard in the beta, the music for Halo 5 combines the two.

> 2533274832934804;7:
> I liked the more military sounds of Reach’s soundtrack, but the gentler tones of the older games are good too. From what I heard in the beta, the music for Halo 5 combines the two.

Yeah I find the old Halos were really good at crafting quiet, gentle atmospheres with their music. There’s one song in the Halo 3 menu that has really serene string textures and vocals (Choose Wisely I believe it’s called). Probably one of the most genuinely beautiful songs out of all the games. Halo 4 tried to do quiet songs, for example Green and Blue, but it just got louder and louder, and the atmosphere it set up in the beginning of the song kinda got lost as it progressed. I feel like that’s one of the problems that plagued the H4 OST: it was just too loud all the time. There was never really time to take a break.