Official Halo: Bad Blood Discussion [SPOILERS]

WARNING SPOILERS WARNING SPOILERS! THIS IS A SPOILER ZONE FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS

> Just hours following their climactic battle on the Forerunner planet Genesis, the Spartans of Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris find themselves running for their lives from the malevolent machinations of the now-renegade artificial intelligence Cortana. But even as they attempt to stay one step ahead, trouble seems to find Spartan Edward Buck no matter where he turns.
>
> A secret mission enacted by the Office of Naval Intelligence could possibly help turn the tide, and has Buck reluctantly agreeing to reform his old team, Alpha-Nine. Because if the band is really getting back together for this one, that means everybody—including the Spartan who Buck never wants to see again, the one who committed the ultimate betrayal of trust

By: Matt Forbeck.
https://www.amazon.ca/HALO-Bad-Blood-Matt-Forbeck/dp/1501128256/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530000023&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+bad+blood

Well I finished reading the book!

I am sad at the amount of life that is lost by Cortana’s actions. All the innocent that end up suffering.
We got a bit more of an insight on Luna finally and Balaho.

Hm, buck leading alpha nine. I liked him for Osiris. I hope we see Osiris in halo infinite.

YAy Veronica and Buck finally married! So ONI does have the capability to have operatives and it seems that ONI has been the least compromised.
And it seems that the forerunner tech will be instrumental in keeping stuff away from the created.

We need more huragoks doing stuff…

How much “screentime” does Chief get, or any of Blue Team for that matter?

> 2533274927111211;3:
> How much “screentime” does Chief get, or any of Blue Team for that matter?

The beginning of the book mostly.

> 2533274809220485;2:
> Well I finished reading the book!
>
> I am sad at the amount of life that is lost by Cortana’s actions. All the innocent that end up suffering.
> We got a bit more of an insight on Luna finally and Balaho.
>
> Hm, buck leading alpha nine. I liked him for Osiris. I hope we see Osiris in halo infinite.
>
> YAy Veronica and Buck finally married! So ONI does have the capability to have operatives and it seems that ONI has been the least compromised.
> And it seems that the forerunner tech will be instrumental in keeping stuff away from the created.
>
> We need more huragoks doing stuff…

Does the book explain what’s going on in the wider galaxy post Halo 5? Or is it fairly focused on the here and now with Bucke n Co?

> 2533274809220485;2:
> Well I finished reading the book!
>
> I am sad at the amount of life that is lost by Cortana’s actions. All the innocent that end up suffering.
> We got a bit more of an insight on Luna finally and Balaho.
>
> Hm, buck leading alpha nine. I liked him for Osiris. I hope we see Osiris in halo infinite.
>
> YAy Veronica and Buck finally married! So ONI does have the capability to have operatives and it seems that ONI has been the least compromised.
> And it seems that the forerunner tech will be instrumental in keeping stuff away from the created.
>
> We need more huragoks doing stuff…

I thought it was good.
I liked how there was a lot of personal development in this story, especially with Buck. Everything was handled well and we got a peak into how Cortana’s regime is handling things.

> 2533274927111211;3:
> How much “screentime” does Chief get, or any of Blue Team for that matter?

> 2533274803587475;5:
> > 2533274809220485;2:
> > Well I finished reading the book!
> >
> > I am sad at the amount of life that is lost by Cortana’s actions. All the innocent that end up suffering.
> > We got a bit more of an insight on Luna finally and Balaho.
> >
> > Hm, buck leading alpha nine. I liked him for Osiris. I hope we see Osiris in halo infinite.
> >
> > YAy Veronica and Buck finally married! So ONI does have the capability to have operatives and it seems that ONI has been the least compromised.
> > And it seems that the forerunner tech will be instrumental in keeping stuff away from the created.
> >
> > We need more huragoks doing stuff…
>
> Does the book explain what’s going on in the wider galaxy post Halo 5? Or is it fairly focused on the here and now with Bucke n Co?

They talk about what’s happening on a broad scale, not a lot of specifics.

What is the participation of Blue team and Thel in the book? What is their destiny?

> 2533274809220485;1:
> WARNING SPOILERS WARNING SPOILERS! THIS IS A SPOILER ZONE FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS
>
>
> > Just hours following their climactic battle on the Forerunner planet Genesis, the Spartans of Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris find themselves running for their lives from the malevolent machinations of the now-renegade artificial intelligence Cortana. But even as they attempt to stay one step ahead, trouble seems to find Spartan Edward Buck no matter where he turns.
> > A secret mission enacted by the Office of Naval Intelligence could possibly help turn the tide, and has Buck reluctantly agreeing to reform his old team, Alpha-Nine. Because if the band is really getting back together for this one, that means everybody—including the Spartan who Buck never wants to see again, the one who committed the ultimate betrayal of trust
>
> By: Matt Forbeck.
> https://www.amazon.ca/HALO-Bad-Blood-Matt-Forbeck/dp/1501128256/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530000023&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+bad+blood

What is the participation of Blue team and Thel in the book? What is their destiny?

> 2535407333321414;8:
> What is the participation of Blue team and Thel in the book? What is their destiny?
>
>
> > 2533274809220485;1:
> > WARNING SPOILERS WARNING SPOILERS! THIS IS A SPOILER ZONE FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS
> >
> >
> > > Just hours following their climactic battle on the Forerunner planet Genesis, the Spartans of Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris find themselves running for their lives from the malevolent machinations of the now-renegade artificial intelligence Cortana. But even as they attempt to stay one step ahead, trouble seems to find Spartan Edward Buck no matter where he turns.
> > > A secret mission enacted by the Office of Naval Intelligence could possibly help turn the tide, and has Buck reluctantly agreeing to reform his old team, Alpha-Nine. Because if the band is really getting back together for this one, that means everybody—including the Spartan who Buck never wants to see again, the one who committed the ultimate betrayal of trust
> >
> > By: Matt Forbeck.
> > https://www.amazon.ca/HALO-Bad-Blood-Matt-Forbeck/dp/1501128256/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530000023&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+bad+blood
>
> What is the participation of Blue team and Thel in the book? What is their destiny?

Blue team is barely in the book,it just shows how blue and Osiris teams get off genesis and how they get to sanghelios.The arbiter and chief reminisce about their previous engagement although no dialogue is written for them.And that’s about it for blue team and the arbiter

Finished the book and I liked it.Not really feeling the way it ends though,cortana is still terrorizing the galaxy and alpha 9 goes on a yet another mission.

> 2533274830166194;9:
> > 2535407333321414;8:
> > What is the participation of Blue team and Thel in the book? What is their destiny?
> >
> >
> > > 2533274809220485;1:
> > > WARNING SPOILERS WARNING SPOILERS! THIS IS A SPOILER ZONE FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS
> > >
> > >
> > > > Just hours following their climactic battle on the Forerunner planet Genesis, the Spartans of Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris find themselves running for their lives from the malevolent machinations of the now-renegade artificial intelligence Cortana. But even as they attempt to stay one step ahead, trouble seems to find Spartan Edward Buck no matter where he turns.
> > > > A secret mission enacted by the Office of Naval Intelligence could possibly help turn the tide, and has Buck reluctantly agreeing to reform his old team, Alpha-Nine. Because if the band is really getting back together for this one, that means everybody—including the Spartan who Buck never wants to see again, the one who committed the ultimate betrayal of trust
> > >
> > > By: Matt Forbeck.
> > > https://www.amazon.ca/HALO-Bad-Blood-Matt-Forbeck/dp/1501128256/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530000023&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+bad+blood
> >
> > What is the participation of Blue team and Thel in the book? What is their destiny?
>
> Blue team is barely in the book,it just shows how blue and Osiris teams get off genesis and how they get to sanghelios.The arbiter and chief reminisce about their previous engagement although no dialogue is written for them.And that’s about it for blue team and the arbiter

Thank you, I’m happy with this information. I am crazy to be able to hold my hand in this work as well.
Another question in your opinion something presented in the book will directly influence the next game?

> 2535407333321414;11:
> > 2533274830166194;9:
> > > 2535407333321414;8:
> > > What is the participation of Blue team and Thel in the book? What is their destiny?
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274809220485;1:
> > > > WARNING SPOILERS WARNING SPOILERS! THIS IS A SPOILER ZONE FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Just hours following their climactic battle on the Forerunner planet Genesis, the Spartans of Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris find themselves running for their lives from the malevolent machinations of the now-renegade artificial intelligence Cortana. But even as they attempt to stay one step ahead, trouble seems to find Spartan Edward Buck no matter where he turns.
> > > > > A secret mission enacted by the Office of Naval Intelligence could possibly help turn the tide, and has Buck reluctantly agreeing to reform his old team, Alpha-Nine. Because if the band is really getting back together for this one, that means everybody—including the Spartan who Buck never wants to see again, the one who committed the ultimate betrayal of trust
> > > >
> > > > By: Matt Forbeck.
> > > > https://www.amazon.ca/HALO-Bad-Blood-Matt-Forbeck/dp/1501128256/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530000023&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+bad+blood
> > >
> > > What is the participation of Blue team and Thel in the book? What is their destiny?
> >
> > Blue team is barely in the book,it just shows how blue and Osiris teams get off genesis and how they get to sanghelios.The arbiter and chief reminisce about their previous engagement although no dialogue is written for them.And that’s about it for blue team and the arbiter
>
> Thank you, I’m happy with this information. I am crazy to be able to hold my hand in this work as well.
> Another question in your opinion something presented in the book will directly influence the next game?

I don’t think so,but who knows

Anyone tried the audiobook yet? Opinions?

I did like how ruthless Leonidas was.It seems these a.I in the created are as serious as cortana when it comes to join us or suffer

I liked the first one and am mildly intersted in the continuation of Halo 5’s story, but am also not a big fan of the last few entires in the EU. Should I get this one?

> 2533274846978810;15:
> I liked the first one and am mildly intersted in the continuation of Halo 5’s story, but am also not a big fan of the last few entires in the EU. Should I get this one?

Last couple books have been pretty good imo.This one is…good but not great.I wish blue team and the arbiter were in it a little more

So what are the details of the unggoy homeworld under Created rule?

Man what is up with this community wanting chief and blue team to have a focus in every single little thing? its a book focusing on buck and alpha nine and im glad blue team, Osiris and mainly chief did not get a bigger focus in it

Man, Matt Forbeck is a talented author, but even one chapter in I can tell it’s going to be a struggle to write engaging plots post-Halo 5. Hopefully this takes a step in the right direction.

I’ve noticed quite a few more typos in the first couple of chapters than are usually in these books. I wonder why those got through?