Official Constructive Criticism Thread!

The official Constructive Criticism thread! Post your likes and dislikes here! Let’s have an open conversation here!

The only rule(s) for this to work is that you must put into consideration opposing views and you have to come up with a way to make both parties ideas work. This isn’t a thread about debating and trumping another persons views. (It’s not a contest)

my goal is to get the community engaged in open conversation and see if we all can’t arrive to a single conclusion.

so as host I will list my likes and dislikes than I’ll let you guys respond and let’s get a conversation going! :slight_smile:

Warzone
Arena
Clamber
Ads scopes

Dislikes
No Splitscreen
Bad Campaign
Req Packs and Microtransactions
Server bugs
No rewards

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Halo 5 gameplay is trash utterly overrated and bad in general. Weapons are unbalanced and some weapons are un-fun to play against. The gameplay is raw and similar to CODS gameplay changing nothing, just adding the same mechanics with different spam. 343 games gotta step up their game, or Halo 6 will sell less than Halo 5’s pathetic sales which didn’t even come close to touching Halo 3’s sales area which is 12 million copies. The campaign is so boring with little to no character development, tension, or any real threat since you’ve become practically like a power ranger. This has become a cod campaign where you shoot linear predictable un-fun bullet spongy enemies, wait until your health regens and do the same thing for 3 hours, shorter than halo 4’s which was 4 hours. The multiplayer was just trash and the rank system was unbalance and broken, nothing seem to work Like I said earlier that some of the weapons are broken for no reason at all, the jointy hit boxes. The only thing worth talking about is forge and custom game browser, but we ain’t talking about that only fun things. Req packs are so stupid because you can grind 2 hours for a gold pack while some guy drops 3$ and gets high powered weapons. That is text book pay to win the game, it even worst that they shove it in your face all the time, its gross, disgusting, anti consumer, and really shows who runs the management at 343.

These always start off well-intentioned but soon turn into a dumpster fire.

Stances.
Custom assassinations.
Classic weapons.
Weapon variants.
whispers Req system.
Squad commands for AI (but I’d have liked it to have been similar to Republic Commando’s).
Spartan abilities.
New Promethean enemies.
Weapon skins.

Dislikes:

No split screen.
Campaign (I’d have preferred it to have “followed-on” from Halo 4’s).
Music.
Covenant art style.
Menu screen.

> 2533274873873545;3:
> These always start off well-intentioned but soon turn into a dumpster fire.

Soon? This one was instantaneous.

inb4 this thread get Lock Down.

I rather Enjoy Halo 5, more fast pace and Warzone was a great addition to the game IMO. I have all the REQs, and I havent spent a penny on buying REQs Ever. Still have over 500k Req points to spare.

> 2535414299834534;1:
> No rewards

What kind of rewards do you mean?

I’ve seen some people ask for more exclusive items, such as an emblem or armour for getting Onyx or Champion.

I like almost everything about this game. The five fixable things I don’t like in no particular order:
1): BR’s insanely long red reticle range. That used to be the DMR’s.
2): It is too easy to hijack the Ghosts with such a short red reticle range. It could be higher.
3): You can splatter Elite and Soldier bosses in Warzone as long as they are on foot.
4): Team-pairing systems. In Halo 4, you were matched by SR rank. Now, the teams seem unbalanced. Granted, Arena was separated into Ranked and Social playlists,
but even so a system like Halo 4’s would be nice.
5): The Sniper Rifle can be glitchy sometimes. I usually do nicely with a sniper, so when I “miss” four bullets in a row that clearly hit the enemy, I have a hard time not
raging at the game.

I actually like Halo 5’s campaign (no hate pls) and I do take advantage of #3 occasionally because WZFF can be so difficult.

> 2533274870717152;4:
> Likes:
>
> Stances.
> Custom assassinations.
> Classic weapons.
> Weapon variants.
> whispers Req system.
> Squad commands for AI (but I’d have liked it to have been similar to Republic Commando’s).
> New Promethean enemies.
> Weapon skins.
>
> Dislikes:
>
> No split screen.
> Campaign (I’d have preferred it to have “followed-on” from Halo 4’s).
> Music.
> Covenant art style.
> Menu screen.

I totally agree with your dislikes! What about the menu screen did you not like? I haven’t really given it much thought

> 2535414299834534;9:
> > 2533274870717152;4:
> > Likes:
> >
> > Stances.
> > Custom assassinations.
> > Classic weapons.
> > Weapon variants.
> > whispers Req system.
> > Squad commands for AI (but I’d have liked it to have been similar to Republic Commando’s).
> > New Promethean enemies.
> > Weapon skins.
> >
> > Dislikes:
> >
> > No split screen.
> > Campaign (I’d have preferred it to have “followed-on” from Halo 4’s).
> > Music.
> > Covenant art style.
> > Menu screen.
>
> I totally agree with your dislikes! What about the menu screen did you not like? I haven’t really given it much thought

I would have preferred the Menu screen to have remained unchanged from the Beta.

Beta menu screen.

> 2533274870717152;7:
> > 2535414299834534;1:
> > No rewards
>
> What kind of rewards do you mean?
>
> I’ve seen some people ask for more exclusive items, such as an emblem or armour for getting Onyx or Champion.

Skull rewards, Legendary Completion, UNSC Gear Completion, that sorta kinda things but getting Onyx and Champion would be cool to… than I gotta get good Lol

> 2533274870717152;10:
> > 2535414299834534;9:
> > > 2533274870717152;4:
> > > Likes:
> > >
> > > Stances.
> > > Custom assassinations.
> > > Classic weapons.
> > > Weapon variants.
> > > whispers Req system.
> > > Squad commands for AI (but I’d have liked it to have been similar to Republic Commando’s).
> > > New Promethean enemies.
> > > Weapon skins.
> > >
> > > Dislikes:
> > >
> > > No split screen.
> > > Campaign (I’d have preferred it to have “followed-on” from Halo 4’s).
> > > Music.
> > > Covenant art style.
> > > Menu screen.
> >
> > I totally agree with your dislikes! What about the menu screen did you not like? I haven’t really given it much thought
>
> I would have preferred the Menu screen to have remained unchanged from the Beta.
>
> Beta menu screen.

Agreed the Beta Screen looked awesome! I wonder what the issue was for them to change it… what did you think about the Halo 4 menu? I think that one was cool and it would’ve be interesting to see that type of menu evolved and expanded upon

> 2535414299834534;12:
> > 2533274870717152;10:
> > > 2535414299834534;9:
> > > > 2533274870717152;4:
> > > > Likes:
> > > >
> > > > Stances.
> > > > Custom assassinations.
> > > > Classic weapons.
> > > > Weapon variants.
> > > > whispers Req system.
> > > > Squad commands for AI (but I’d have liked it to have been similar to Republic Commando’s).
> > > > New Promethean enemies.
> > > > Weapon skins.
> > > >
> > > > Dislikes:
> > > >
> > > > No split screen.
> > > > Campaign (I’d have preferred it to have “followed-on” from Halo 4’s).
> > > > Music.
> > > > Covenant art style.
> > > > Menu screen.
> > >
> > > I totally agree with your dislikes! What about the menu screen did you not like? I haven’t really given it much thought
> >
> > I would have preferred the Menu screen to have remained unchanged from the Beta.
> >
> > Beta menu screen.
>
> Agreed the Beta Screen looked awesome! I wonder what the issue was for them to change it… what did you think about the Halo 4 menu? I think that one was cool and it would’ve be interesting to see that type of menu evolved and expanded upon

To me, it looks like 343 was planning to use menu screens that were similar to Halo 4’s, but they didn’t make it into the final game for some reason.

Halo 5 menu screen concepts.

> 2560752109566565;6:
> inb4 this thread get Lock Down.
>
> I rather Enjoy Halo 5, more fast pace and Warzone was a great addition to the game IMO. I have all the REQs, and I havent spent a penny on buying REQs Ever. Still have over 500k Req points to spare.

Too bad you couldn’t donate :slight_smile:

see I don’t like Req Packs and Microtransactions but if they made it more like Halo Reach only just as easy as we have it now… maybe replacing the boosts with challenges like we had in previous games.

> 2533274870717152;13:
> > 2535414299834534;12:
> > > 2533274870717152;10:
> > > > 2535414299834534;9:
> > > > > 2533274870717152;4:
> > > > > Likes:
> > > > >
> > > > > Stances.
> > > > > Custom assassinations.
> > > > > Classic weapons.
> > > > > Weapon variants.
> > > > > whispers Req system.
> > > > > Squad commands for AI (but I’d have liked it to have been similar to Republic Commando’s).
> > > > > New Promethean enemies.
> > > > > Weapon skins.
> > > > >
> > > > > Dislikes:
> > > > >
> > > > > No split screen.
> > > > > Campaign (I’d have preferred it to have “followed-on” from Halo 4’s).
> > > > > Music.
> > > > > Covenant art style.
> > > > > Menu screen.
> > > >
> > > > I totally agree with your dislikes! What about the menu screen did you not like? I haven’t really given it much thought
> > >
> > > I would have preferred the Menu screen to have remained unchanged from the Beta.
> > >
> > > Beta menu screen.
> >
> > Agreed the Beta Screen looked awesome! I wonder what the issue was for them to change it… what did you think about the Halo 4 menu? I think that one was cool and it would’ve be interesting to see that type of menu evolved and expanded upon
>
> To me, it looks like 343 was planning to use menu screens that were similar to Halo 4’s, but they didn’t make it into the final game.
>
> Halo 5 menu screen concepts.

I like these concepts, they remind me of a cross between Halo 3 and Halo 4… And I loved Halo 3

> 2535414299834534;14:
> > 2560752109566565;6:
> > inb4 this thread get Lock Down.
> >
> > I rather Enjoy Halo 5, more fast pace and Warzone was a great addition to the game IMO. I have all the REQs, and I havent spent a penny on buying REQs Ever. Still have over 500k Req points to spare.
>
> Too bad you couldn’t donate :slight_smile:
>
> see I don’t like Req Packs and Microtransactions but if they made it more like Halo Reach only just as easy as we have it now… maybe replacing the boosts with challenges like we had in previous games.

Req point gift pack idea.

> 2533274870717152;16:
> > 2535414299834534;14:
> > > 2560752109566565;6:
> > > inb4 this thread get Lock Down.
> > >
> > > I rather Enjoy Halo 5, more fast pace and Warzone was a great addition to the game IMO. I have all the REQs, and I havent spent a penny on buying REQs Ever. Still have over 500k Req points to spare.
> >
> > Too bad you couldn’t donate :slight_smile:
> >
> > see I don’t like Req Packs and Microtransactions but if they made it more like Halo Reach only just as easy as we have it now… maybe replacing the boosts with challenges like we had in previous games.
>
> Req point gift pack idea.

Exactly what I’m thinking

> 2533274873873545;3:
> These always start off well-intentioned but soon turn into a dumpster fire.

I disagree, it’s been alright thus far. So what are your likes and dislikes?

> 2535460550943257;8:
> I like almost everything about this game. The five fixable things I don’t like in no particular order:
> 1): BR’s insanely long red reticle range. That used to be the DMR’s.
> 2): It is too easy to hijack the Ghosts with such a short red reticle range. It could be higher.
> 3): You can splatter Elite and Soldier bosses in Warzone as long as they are on foot.
> 4): Team-pairing systems. In Halo 4, you were matched by SR rank. Now, the teams seem unbalanced. Granted, Arena was separated into Ranked and Social playlists,
> but even so a system like Halo 4’s would be nice.
> 5): The Sniper Rifle can be glitchy sometimes. I usually do nicely with a sniper, so when I “miss” four bullets in a row that clearly hit the enemy, I have a hard time not
> raging at the game.
>
>
> I actually like Halo 5’s campaign (no hate pls) and I do take advantage of #3 occasionally because WZFF can be so difficult.

I would love to choose random skirmish and than just get dropped into a completely random game/lobby that way it’s completely random and makes it fun (at least for me) reasons why… with so many options it’s difficult to choose, but if I really just wanted to chill out in Arena with nothing all that specific I want to play, than this would be a great addition.

Also it beats the Ban hammer idea because I’m joining games whenever and wherever as the need arises. It would be fun and if I wanted to play something specific than I’d still have that choice

I liked the idea of weapons down levels, but felt they could be better implemented as parts a mission rather than missions in their own right. Otherwise, it just feels like padding the mission count. You can have the same weapons down areas at a halfway point or end of a mission.