Official Boycott thread -- Set for Dec 5th

Lets send 343 a message. This Wednesday December the 5th, lets stop playing Halo 4 for one day. You could play Halo 3, or Reach. Or dream about playing Halo 2. Or just not play Halo 4 at all.

If you are disgruntled in any way with Halo 4, it could be about the specializations, or you could just unhappy with Halo 4 in general (like not having a ranking system, or the game being unbalanced which against the Halo code.) then join with me this Wednesday. If 343 doesn’t get the message then we can hit them again until they do.

Spread the word around. Tell your friends. It’s just for one day. But if enough people stop playing and start playing H3 for that day that should send 343 a clear message.

I personally will be doing this for many reasons. I want 343 to realize that the core elements and structure of Halo MP have been altered with Halo 4, and that’s something that I do not appreciate. Halo MP as built around a strong competitive and balanced game. If you grew up playing Halo CE, Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer, and you feel the same way then join me tomorrow in playing Halo 3. Or if you have issues with how unfair we have been treated with the specializations then please also join in. Or if there is something else you don’t like, also feel free to join in, and voice your opinion on these forums and don’t let anyone else stop you.

I am just one person. I can not make a difference by myself. If were to get 10,000 people or more, then that can make a difference. Lets make it happen.

> Lets send 343 a message. This Wednesday December the 5th, lets stop playing Halo 4 for one day. You could play Halo 3, or Reach. Or dream about playing Halo 2. Or just not play Halo 4 at all.
>
> If you are disgruntled in any way with Halo 4, it could be about the specializations, or you could just unhappy with Halo 4 in general (like not having a ranking system, or the game being unbalanced which against the Halo code.) then join with me this Wednesday. If 343 doesn’t get the message then we can hit them again until they do.
>
> Spread the word around. Tell your friends. It’s just for one day. But if enough people stop playing and start playing H3 for that day that should send 343 a clear message.
>
> I personally will be doing this for many reasons. I want 343 to realize that the core elements and structure of Halo MP have been altered with Halo 4, and that’s something that I do not appreciate. If you grew up playing Halo CE, Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer, and you feel the same way then join me tomorrow in playing Halo 3. Or if you have issues with how unfair we have been treated with the specializations then please also join in. Or if there is something else you don’t like, also feel free to join in, and voice your opinion on these forums and don’t let anyone else stop you.
>
> I am just one person. I can not make a difference by myself. If were to get 10,000 people or more, then that can make a difference. Lets make it happen.

You know you are not going to make a difference? I seriousily doubt 10k people are going to stop playing Halo 4, because you told them too.

I don’t think any more than 1k would even read your post, which leaves the other 9k as quitting tomorrow from word of mouth. I like the game, but it would be nice to see consumer action change something. Best of luck.

I dont get it. If you that disgruntled with a game, why are you playing it in the first place. The only way to boycott an entertainment product is to simply not buy it in the first place.

i’m getting far cry 3 today so ya i probably wont be playing halo for awhile as it is anyways. however if you wanted to actually boycott the game and all you might want to give people bigger than a one day heads up. takes a little while for word to spread around and all.

Boycott a weekday? Man, killer sacrifice. That’ll teach em!

I enjoy this game too much to boycott it.

Sadly for me, I have already stopped. Halo 4 was shorter lived for me then Halo Reach. Unfortunately Halo Anniversary ruined modern-day Halo for me. The nostalgia of the Halo that I once knew and loved was too fresh.

Playing Halo 4 was like a bucket of ice water being thrown on me, a shocking reminder of what Halo has become. Its now a game I dont recognize as Halo.

Oh well… I still have fond memories.

Even if a lot of people dont play on the 5th, what is it going to do?
Even 100k boycotters won’t make a difference, 343 already has your money for buying the game.

Let me get this straight… you don’t like this game, but you can only stop playing it for one single day…

Why don’t just give up on Halo 4 and be like the rest of the NOOB NUTS out there and go play something else… I think we should boycott player’s that think halo 4 sucks.

Again with the boycotts.

So immature and shortsighted. You won’t make a difference. None of you who believe this non sense will.

> I enjoy this game too much to boycott it.

This. And it turned Thursday 5 min ago where I live lol

This is not an official thread unless one is started by 343

Same here… Sorry

You joined the waypoint forums to make this post, I’m going to do the complete opposite tomorrow then, I’m inviting all my friends to play halo 4 tomorrow for a massive multiplayer session, what are you going to about that, hey! Leave these forums and never come back…

I will continue to play because I have fun with it and I want to send 343 the message that they are doing a pretty good (not great, but good) job so far.

P.S. There is no P.S.

The lack of codes is due to Microsoft, so I say we boycott XBL and go play some Uncharted.

Nah jkjk.

I’m in, looks like it’s just the two of us :slight_smile: