Offensive material

Am I the only one who thought that marines and pretty much all officers all being white is offensive to other cultures?

Lol

> 2533274823442902;1:
> Am I the only one who thought that marines and pretty much all officers all being white is offensive to other cultures?

yea pretty much if all of them were black i wouldn’t have a problem

> 2533274823442902;1:
> Am I the only one who thought that marines and pretty much all officers all being white is offensive to other cultures?

Gonna be honest, I didn’t even notice. I don’t care what color people are in my game, especially when I’m fighting every color from orange to grey. You seem like you are complaining for the sake of complaining.

Yeah I’m offended, there were no Engineers in the game. That’s discriminatory, those of us with tentacles deserve representation!

Really though your problem isn’t what race the NPCs are, its that you’re so focused on something like that to even be offended in the first place. When I play Halo I don’t look at gender or race, I’m a representative of Humanity trying to fight an alien threat to preserve the future of our species. The last thing on my mind is the color of their skin when I’m trying to save them from being annihilated by alien robots.

> 2533274823442902;1:

I dont know what i expected when i read the title and clicked the forum post. I shouldn’t have been surprised.

I still miss Sgt Major Avery Johnson. Who else is gonna help me kick -Yoink-?

I don’t think it’s intentional exclusion, but it’d be nice to get more variety with the Marines and other units. There really is no downside.

Are you -Yoinking!- serious? We have this masterpiece of a game that needs serious bugs and glitches fixed and your worried about what color the marines and soldiers are. What does it matter what color they are. Would it offend you if the warthogs were all green or the grass was pink or the bosses name was captain dingleberry. What you should do is take that game and put it back in the case and wrap it up and give it to a small child as a gift. One that doesn’t see color an. Just wants to enjoy a solid halo game. Mods lock this thread down!!!

> 2533274823442902;1:

You’re right. I’d much rather be upset about the background characters than happy about the new diversity to the main playable characters.

> 2533275043403677;6:
> > 2533274823442902;1:
> > Am I the only one who thought that marines and pretty much all officers all being white is offensive to other cultures?
>
>
> I dont know what i expected when i read the title and clicked the forum post. I shouldn’t have been surprised.
>
> I still miss Sgt Major Avery Johnson. Who else is gonna help me kick -Yoink-?

I also miss Johnson quite a bit.

Sgt Johnson. /Thread

> 2661949065475413;11:
> Sgt Johnson. /Thread

Exactly, If you were to clone a marine wouldn’t you want the best marine. I’m sure it would be lore friendly to have his DNA on file.

Cloning viable humans, however is not.

> 2533274832089275;13:
> Cloning viable humans, however is not.

'Tis true. Just ask the flash cloned replacements for the children of the Spartan II program…

I’m pretty sure this won’t end well.