ODST's role in H4

All I have to say is I hope there is an ODST/Recon armor set for MM. And I hope we fight along side ODST in the campaign and Spartan-Ops.

Anyone else care as much as I do? If so what do you want to see of the ODST?

the Armor part is fine with me i dont mind it being in MM or not…

BUT THEY HAVE TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE IN CAMPAIGN! I LOVE THOSE GUYS, and not just some 5 minute role with some cut scene showing them entering orbit… but actual names and a bit of story for them… id love for buck and his team to be in and out of Halo 4’s main story and maybe later on we will have a big time expansion pack showing his side of Halo 4

Weasel

His own Spartan-Ops DLC, I like. That would be BAUSS!!!

I don’t think there will be ODSTs in the campaign. It’s seems Spartan IVs would be trained to use SOEIVs.

ODSTs are used for high risk insertions when no other mode of transportation(pelicans) is viable. Missions that regular marines wouldn’t be able to complete. Unless it’s was completely necessary, I don’t think their would be any SOEIV drops in the game.

Maybe Buck will be a Spartan IV

Perhaps some of the odsts that have already been introduced become spartan IV’s it would make sense if Vaz became one

As long as they arent just marines with a skin then yes.

I pretty sure the ODST’s will make an appearence in campaign, I don’t see them being replaced by the spartan 4’s simply because everyone likes them to much

If ODST fans still get their Armor Permutation, I, and the other Elite fans out there, are just going to rage harder.

> I pretty sure the ODST’s will make an appearence in campaign, I don’t see them being replaced by the spartan 4’s simply because everyone likes them to much

however it is possible that some odst’s will become spartan IV’s since the IV’s are all military veterans and it is likely that some of those veterans were ODSTS

I’m with you op. I love the odsts. Their armor is awesome. Hope they make some kind of cameo…but I don’t know it they’d fit the story right now. But who knows

> > I pretty sure the ODST’s will make an appearence in campaign, I don’t see them being replaced by the spartan 4’s simply because everyone likes them to much
>
> however it is possible that some odst’s will become spartan IV’s since the IV’s are all military veterans and it is likely that some of those veterans were ODSTS

well absolutly, but I dought every ODST will volunteer for augmentations to become Spartan IV’s

> > > I pretty sure the ODST’s will make an appearence in campaign, I don’t see them being replaced by the spartan 4’s simply because everyone likes them to much
> >
> > however it is possible that some odst’s will become spartan IV’s since the IV’s are all military veterans and it is likely that some of those veterans were ODSTS
>
> well absolutly, but I dought every ODST will volunteer for augmentations to become Spartan IV’s

Why wouldn’t they. Who’s to say a ODST wouldn’t jump at the chance to become a spartan. Dutch seemed like someone who would do it.

> All I have to say is I hope there is an ODST/Recon armor set for MM. And I hope we fight along side ODST in the campaign and Spartan-Ops.
>
> Anyone else care as much as I do? If so what do you want to see of the ODST?

ODST should be present. I doubt they aren’t. When it comes down to it, I’m sure ODST fans will be able to get a ODST style outfit… who knows, this is 5 years in the future, maybe they have an original and Halo 4 designed model for ODST users to choose.

I wanna see the team from H3 ODST again!
Specially the (no longer) Rookie and Butch :smiley:
Maybe even Dare, since she was an S-I…

> > > > I pretty sure the ODST’s will make an appearence in campaign, I don’t see them being replaced by the spartan 4’s simply because everyone likes them to much
> > >
> > > however it is possible that some odst’s will become spartan IV’s since the IV’s are all military veterans and it is likely that some of those veterans were ODSTS
> >
> > well absolutly, but I dought every ODST will volunteer for augmentations to become Spartan IV’s
>
> Why wouldn’t they. Who’s to say a ODST wouldn’t jump at the chance to become a spartan. Dutch seemed like someone who would do it.

good point but in the books some ODST’s viewed Spartans as freaks

> If ODST fans still get their Armor Permutation, I, and the other Elite fans out there, are just going to rage harder.

I can see that happening. “If I dot get my dinosaur then no one gets anything!” An ODST armor set for a spartan to wear is completely possible, an Elite armor set for a spartan to wear… Less likely than an Elite A.I. Hologram for MM. And there are always the Spartan-Ops and Campaign to play as dinosaurs.

> > > > > I pretty sure the ODST’s will make an appearence in campaign, I don’t see them being replaced by the spartan 4’s simply because everyone likes them to much
> > > >
> > > > however it is possible that some odst’s will become spartan IV’s since the IV’s are all military veterans and it is likely that some of those veterans were ODSTS
> > >
> > > well absolutly, but I dought every ODST will volunteer for augmentations to become Spartan IV’s
> >
> > Why wouldn’t they. Who’s to say a ODST wouldn’t jump at the chance to become a spartan. Dutch seemed like someone who would do it.
>
> good point but in the books some ODST’s viewed Spartans as freaks

my theory for some of the resentment towards the spartans from the ODSTS was because they were jealous. After all they thought they were the best force in all of humanity and had a sense of pride only to be put down by spartans whom part of their superiority was their augmentations.I think ODSTS would jump at the chance to be even with the Spartans.

Ever since Delta Halo on Halo 2, I loved fighting with ODST’s.

> > > > > > I pretty sure the ODST’s will make an appearence in campaign, I don’t see them being replaced by the spartan 4’s simply because everyone likes them to much
> > > > >
> > > > > however it is possible that some odst’s will become spartan IV’s since the IV’s are all military veterans and it is likely that some of those veterans were ODSTS
> > > >
> > > > well absolutly, but I dought every ODST will volunteer for augmentations to become Spartan IV’s
> > >
> > > Why wouldn’t they. Who’s to say a ODST wouldn’t jump at the chance to become a spartan. Dutch seemed like someone who would do it.
> >
> > good point but in the books some ODST’s viewed Spartans as freaks
>
> my theory for some of the resentment towards the spartans from the ODSTS was because they were jealous. After all they thought they were the best force in all of humanity and had a sense of pride only to be put down by spartans whom part of their superiority was their augmentations.I think ODSTS would jump at the chance to be even with the Spartans.

maybe, but either way I still think we’ll see both spartan IV’s and ODST’s in halo 4