ODST wasn't Free till after I bought it

I purchased odst for MCC on xbox one, and I was playing it when my friend told me the next day that it was free since the 30th for people who bought the game at release. Sure enough there was a redemption code to get it for free, but I hadn’t received it till June 1st, a day after I bought the game. Obviously I’m a little mad, and I want my money back or at least a gift card or something as compensation, since I did not get the code till two days after it was sent to everyone else.

I’m not sure that Xbox support world refund your money unfortunately (this would have to come from xbox live support as 343 do not have the ability to address your accounts our billing details). It was very well advertised that those eligible that played before December 19th would get it for free. This was all detailed out in the initial blog posts and the updated FAQ / release announcement when the updates went live.

Dude it’s 5 bucks

I,too, bought ODST 2 days before I got the code to get it for free. Actually, I didn’t remember when I started playing MCC and didn’t really think I was going to get it for free. Can we give it to someone else?

Sorry, accidently hit it twice.

> 2533274887123971;4:
> I,too, bought ODST 2 days before I got the code to get it for free. Actually, I didn’t remember when I started playing MCC and didn’t really think I was going to get it for free. Can we give it to someone else?

Go for it. :slight_smile:

I got an email saying to check my messages on the XB1 for the ODST code but I don’t seem to have any messages. How do you check for messages if they don’t automatically come up when you sign in?
I’m trying to find my code so I can post it here and give it to first come.
Sorry-I just re-read the email and it says the code is non-transferable. Oh well, I tried.

> 2533274887123971;7:
> Sorry-I just re-read the email and it says the code is non-transferable. Oh well, I tried.

I think that just means you can’t exhange it for money or something else. You are free to give the code away as I don’t believe it’s tied to your account, many other forum users have given theirs away :slight_smile:

OK, I’m going to start a new post with the key for ODST for whoever reads it first.