ODST was the secret best Halo

None of my Halo friends really played or cared about ODST, but when I picked it up from a disinterested friend, I was stunned! While I always love the linear-story driven Halo, ODST’s open-world where I could complete the objectives on my time was quite awesome. Thoughts?

Also, one of the best things about ODST was the silenced weapons

ODST had an amazing atmosphere. The stunning music combined with the haunting solo gameplay at night was amazing. You literally felt like a lone-wolf. Sneaking behind brutes and silently taking down grunts and jackal snipers with a suppressed magnum never got old. It wasn’t too hard. I didn’t even get killed by an enemy on my first run-through until the very last level when I made a dumb mistake.

Don’t forget the firefight :slight_smile:
I made an ODST-type firefight in Reach (closest I could to the actual thing) and ODST firefight is still more fun.
The silenced weapons are really fun to use too.

I literally just came to this board to make myself feel better about loving ODST. With all the negativity around ODST, it feels good to hear from people who agree with me. The most underrated Halo game ever.

I don’t think it’s a secret :slight_smile: I think people hate ODST because it doesn’t have a competitive multiplayer, it’s truly Bungies greatest game

Halo 3: ODST was amazing. Loved the open world environment. Great job with the setting.

ODST is one of the most underrated games ever.

The ODST pistol was amazing to use. I preferred it over the Halo CE pistol.

The gameplay was great. The story was great. The atmosphere was great. The characters were great. Firefight was great.

By far my favorite of the series. I’ve never understood the complaints.

Halo 3 ODST is by far my favorite Halo. Besides the things mentioned by other, I loved dying in this game. Let me tell you why. In the other Halo games you could run through the entire game on Legendary by letting your shield recharge and hiding in cover. In ODST, it’s a different perspective. I thought I knew the best ways to kill enemies, but I didn’t. For Hunters and Chieftans I thought killing them with explosives was the only efficent way to kill them, but it isn’t. Excluding Halo Wars, all of the Halo games are no-brainers. You think “Kill the enemy!” but in Halo Wars and ODST it requires the essence of strategy. You think “How and when should we kill the enemy?” Sadly both games are under-rated. Every great developer makes a game that most of the fan-base dislikes. Why? Because they don’t want a cut and paste game with no originality. I’m sure Bungie wanted to take Halo to the next level, and ODST was the testing board for Reach. If you look at Bungie from a different perspective, they were tired of John-117 they could of made Halo 4 and 5 and could be working on 6 but they didn’t want that. So while ODST may be my favorite halo, its clear why its hated as much. I’m glad Bungie didn’t turn Halo into something like Call of Duty. Their most original yet ironically hated Halo game. Then again, this is all opinions and therioes. Long live B329.

Wow. This is weird. There was so much hate for this game on the Bungie forums, I thought I was the only one who liked ODST. This actually makes me feel better.

Then I remember that I’m probably the only non-staff member on these forums who likes Halo 4 and the déjà vu makes me sad.

> Wow. This is weird. There was so much hate for this game on the Bungie forums, I thought I was the only one who liked ODST. This actually makes me feel better.
>
> Then I remember that I’m probably the only non-staff member on these forums who likes Halo 4 and the déjà vu makes me sad.

I love Halo 4, both ODST and 4 are some of my favorite Halo games (behind CE)

Odst was a super fantastic game campaign was very cool you could go where you won’ted to go.and firefight was the best.

no… it would have been, if it had its own multiplayer!! where one team is the covi and other team ODST’s but it doesnt so its not, campaign wise… yes, DEFINATLY, ive started playing the campaign again and it is very very good!!

> <mark>no… it would have been, if it had its own multiplayer!!</mark> where one team is the covi and other team ODST’s but it doesnt so its not, campaign wise… yes, DEFINATLY, ive started playing the campaign again and it is very very good!!

Multiplayer has ruined every Halo since 2, I’m glad ODST didn’t suffer it

> > <mark>no… it would have been, if it had its own multiplayer!!</mark> where one team is the covi and other team ODST’s but it doesnt so its not, campaign wise… yes, DEFINATLY, ive started playing the campaign again and it is very very good!!
>
> Multiplayer has ruined every Halo since 2, I’m glad ODST didn’t suffer it

that is true except i disagree partly because personally and i know alot of other people would agree that H3 had amazing multiplayer and you need to remember that bungie made ODST along with all halo’s apart from H4 and Wars but tbh the only bad halo Bungie made was Reach and even that wasnt all too bad, wasnt great but yeah so i reckon they coulda done well with ODST or at least made Firefight mm search and have a leaderboard

We had ODST for a year and a half before going on Xbox Live. We previously played the campaign several times, but only played a couple FF missions. Found them to be pretty difficult - not a lot of fun. Too used to the Chief’s shields, I guess.

After Xbox Live, I learned a lot about the FFs and realized I had entirely misjudged the fun factor.

If I could change anything, it would be to require activation to take a health pack. LM

I’m definitely going to pick this game up real soon. I was going to but I didn’t because I didn’t think anyone would want to play but there are still a lot of people playing firefight for endure. I already have endure, but I remember when I played odst to get the vidmasters it was probably some of the most fun I’ve ever had on Xbox live. So yeah I’m going to be getting this game again!

> I don’t think it’s a secret :slight_smile: I think people hate ODST because it doesn’t have a competitive multiplayer, it’s truly Bungies greatest game

Once again Spartan, I concur. I sold it a few months back, and last night I downloaded it for $15 on the 360, and now I swam over to this part of the forums.

LOVE this game. This, 4 and Reach are my personal favorites.

I feel the same way too man, received nothing but grief over my ODST plaque on my REACH game tag and the hate train for HALO4 never ends!