ODST Slayer

I have to say, I really cannot get the hang of this gametype. Being mainly a SWAT and Super Fiesta player, ODST Slayer is the middle ground between the two gametypes, and it just feels weird to me. Like, you have no shields (just like SWAT), but it’s not one-hit-kill (just like Super Fiesta or Slayer).

i think its fun but thats only bc i dont really play other gamemodes often

Agreed, it takes a bit of getting used to since it feels very different compared to what we have come to think of as a Halo gametype. It may sound dorky, but a good strategy I found was to really force yourself to forget you’re a Spartan. Pretend it’s the MP portion of H3: ODST and that might help you get a hang of it. Keep at it though because it’s easily the most unique and enjoyable new mode in Halo!

It’s very different. I put some time into the playlist the other day and it took a while to adapt.
Definitely requires a different gameplay approach to do well that’s for sure.

Breakout 1 + slayer + no abilities, its a better reference

> 2533274824050480;3:
> Agreed, it takes a bit of getting used to since it feels very different compared to what we have come to think of as a Halo gametype. It may sound dorky, but a good strategy I found was to really force yourself to forget you’re a Spartan. Pretend it’s the MP portion of H3: ODST and that might help you get a hang of it. Keep at it though because it’s easily the most unique and enjoyable new mode in Halo!

I agree that it is unique, mate. I hope it returns in future Halo games. I think the thing I have trouble with is that, being a SWAT player, I tend to look away after firing at the head (because in that game mode it is one-hit-kill). So by the time I aim my weapon again, the opposing player normally has fired a few more shots at me.