ODST or Reach firefight. Which is more fun?

Yes in Reach there is a lot more you can do with Firefight, but which do you have more fun in?

ODSTs felt like an actual survival mode while reach feels like your just messing around and you don’t take anything seriasly.

> ODSTs felt like an actual survival mode while reach feels like your just messing around and you don’t take anything seriasly.

I agree. Honestly I think that Firefight should have been saved for Reach. I bet that if it wasn’t with ODST, there would be less complaining about Reach.

For me it’s about the same. I really think there is a lot of unused potential in FF. I hope for its return in H:4 but I also hope for a huge upgrade, especially after seeing what GoW3 and even MW3 are bringing to the table from their “survival type” modes.

> For me it’s about the same. I really think there is a lot of unused potential in FF. I hope for its return in H:4 but I also hope for a huge upgrade, especially after seeing what GoW3 and even MW3 are bringing to the table from their “survival type” modes.

Same, but I hope that Firefight stays unique. I don’t want it to be a copy of what GoW3 and MW3 are having.
Please Frank, Scarab fight. GoW3 is gonna have Burmaks in it

> ODSTs felt like an actual survival mode while reach feels like your just messing around and you don’t take anything seriasly.

exactly

\ODST IMO is superior. If they would have put a rnakign system and MM in Id still play ODST

It definitely played more fun in ODST, but things like sniper fight really were rather fun too. I’d say if Firefight was to return in Halo 4, I’d love ODST’s for matchmaking, with a sub-playlist that has the fun over-the-top gametypes like sniper fight.

Short-term fun: Reach.
Long-term fun: ODST

The reason being difficulty doesn’t progress beyond one set. The Endure weekly challenge they had a few months ago wasn’t as fun as the real thing. People were asking to leave not striving to succeed. That’s a major problem.

> Same, but I hope that Firefight stays unique. I don’t want it to be a copy of what GoW3 and MW3 are having.
> Please Frank, Scarab fight. GoW3 is gonna have Burmaks in it

I don’t want a carbon copy either, I would love a little Invasion in my FF for instance , if that makes sense. I need an objective to do instead of just mindlessly killing Covy with rockets over and over.

I liked ODST because it was much harder. ODST aren’t as super powered as Spartans and without armor abilities it was pretty fun. The minor tweaks in gameplay made a huge difference and made it feel like a survival mode instead of a race to see who could get the most points.

ODST was certainly harder, but Halo: Reach was more sandboxish- you can change alot of what you do, which makes it replayable and endless.

I love to play ODST FF for the achievements. Once they’re done. So am I. And since I’m a level 63 Waypointer (not perfect in Halo Wars, ok and 0G Halo2 Vista)
With Reach, my time in FF is fun because it’s Halo and does all the funny stuff campaign does, just without the campaign (which is why I like ODST FF). For a round or few, I get to have target and weapon practice to go with a few cRs that go towards nothing I care about. And I play almost every daily-FF challenge I can because as said, at the very least, it keeps the weapon and target practice a little in tune.

I don’t care if it’s FF, campaign or MP. I’m most often shooting for the most enemies, highest score or the win regardless.

ODST was better in my opinion. Reach FF is fun but it doesnt give me that survival feeling.

ODST FF was about survival and teamwork, Reach FF was about Highscores and where death carried no penalty.

Definetly ODST. The gameplay felt alot better and actually more like a survival mode as others have said countless times. The maps were also 100x better (Lost platoon and chasm ten ftw!). I might make a gametype that is as close to ODST’s firefight as possible and just play it on unearthed (My favourite firefight map in reach. Actually feels like a proper map and is probably as close to lost platoon as were going to get without a complete remake).

What I would’ve liked to see in reachs firefight though is elephants. Imagine roaming round on an elephant with a team of four on a giant firefight map. Would be awesome.

> Definetly ODST. The gameplay felt alot better and actually more like a survival mode as others have said countless times. The maps were also 100x better (Lost platoon and chasm ten ftw!). I might make a gametype that is as close to ODST’s firefight as possible and just play it on unearthed (My favourite firefight map in reach. Actually feels like a proper map and is probably as close to lost platoon as were going to get without a complete remake).
>
> What I would’ve liked to see in reachs firefight though is elephants. Imagine roaming round on an elephant with a team of four on a giant firefight map. Would be awesome.

Thats a really cool idea, One thing that kind of scked was the lack of vehicle action in ODST FF, but then and again too many vehicles would make it easy.

I hate all Firefight. Endure ruined it for me.

But I guess I like ODST’s Firefight better. Every time you play Reach Firefight, it is always something like Rocketfight or Arcade fight. I just don’t see the fun in shooting AI with rockets for 20 minutes.

I liked the maps more in odst but I like being a spartan so I’m going with reach.

ODST FF was more fun because it was more thrilling to play. Brute’s are no longer a threat, especially GravHammer Brutes, and the Elites just dodge everything and lack any real aggressiveness. Unfortunately Reach FF has become stale even though it’s where the big cR payouts are.

If your talking about FF arcade, x2 score attack, nade fight, rocket fight, or any of those other silly game types then I agree with you. But the only FF in reach that I like to play is FF limited. What I do is get my girlfriend to sign in as a guest and we play FF doubles and we always pick limited. I have had more fun playing FF doubles than I ever had in ODST.