ODST none in Halo 4??????

WTF>>>>>>>>>>>???

Rumour is, most, if not all ODSTs became Spartan-IVs.

Also, why bother bringing ODSTs aboard if you have Spartan-IVs?

It would have been retro to bring the armor to Halo 4 so some of us can wear it.

Not all the odst’s could survive the injections and the spartan iv’s do not have the same task dropping behind the enemy lines. To take away the odst’s and replace them with Spartans would be dumb seeing how they have always had and unspoken disagreement about who was the real bad a**. Just makes no sense to me.

have you not played campaign or Spartan Ops?
in shutdown in the hanger you see a bunch of ODST’s with heavy weapons
in the third episode of Spartan Ops in the third chapter the Marines your rescuing are ODST.

> have you not played campaign or Spartan Ops?
> in shutdown in the hanger you see a bunch of ODST’s with heavy weapons
> in the third episode of Spartan Ops in the third chapter the Marines your rescuing are ODST.

They are just Marines, they are not ODSTs.

Spartan IVs can do everything ODSTs can do, plus they can do it better. This is just the UNSC upgrading to be the best they can be in galaxy.

My thought is that ODST and Spartans are supervised under different branches of the UNSC combined forces, even though the two groups share missions periodically and are frequently hijacked by ONI. So there remains a good possibility that ODST are still around in the Halo Universe, being the best that the Marines could muster.

Basically the ODST are under the Special Operations division of the UNSC Marine Corp, while the early Spartans programs were under the UNSC Navy (Spartan I and IIs under the UNSC Naval Special Warfare Command and Spartan IIIs under the Beta-5 division of ONI). All the new Spartan IVs appear to be under a new branch of the UNSC forces called the Spartan Program.

Now I’m sure the Marine Corp lost a few soldiers to the Spartan program after the initial recruitment drive for Spartan IVs, but I’m also sure there are some “jarheads” still loyal to the Marine Corp who moved into or stuck with the ODST. We may not see too many on the Infinity though, for the reasons others have stated here. I mean, it does make sense that a UNSC Naval ship filled with Spartan IVs would not need ODST.

That said, with how the military works, it is also conceivable that on important missions handled directly by the Marines, they would want their best squad of ODST present.

=d

odst where still being used in 2553 i dont see how they can be discarded 3 years later when they been in the covenant human war for more then over 50 years and if so i would of thought they would have became obsolete due to the more cost efficient spartan 3s bring the odst back i say !

The broadest reason I can think of apart from what the rest of you have said is that Infinity was put in service as a means of exploration where enemy lines would not have been established. and when they are the spartans handle it besides the spartans are fairly new and this gives them the opertunity to prove themselvs without too much help.
I think we will definatly see more of them.

And it seems the spartans are using an adaptation of ODTS helmets a bit weird though im sure its because the odst helmets are capable of both EVA and EOD situations.

Most, if not all ODSTs would likely stick with it as they are. Four years after 2552, they’re not going to up and end the ODST program in a snap, I don’t give a damn how well SIVs do their frakking jobs. They still cost money to make. If Marines and Force Recon are still around I’m pretty damn sure that ODSTs are gonna be around too.

Trust me, just because you have a bunch of super soldiers (a bunch being what, 200-300 or so?) you’re not going to discard the remainder of your special forces. To do so would be foolish and wasteful.

And who says that Spartans do what ODSTs do only better? Have you seen how Majestic operates? (nice going, Hoya)

Just assume that the ODSTs are not on the ship at the time. They could be needed elsewhere.

> have you not played campaign or Spartan Ops?
> in shutdown in the hanger you see a bunch of ODST’s with heavy weapons
> in the third episode of Spartan Ops in the third chapter the Marines your rescuing are ODST.

Those are Spartan IV’s in Recruit armor, who replace the ODST’s for the purposes of “rare, stronger allied NPC’s”.

Really, I think they should bring back Buck in a similar role to Johnson. I feel like Nathan Fillion would totally be up for that.

> > have you not played campaign or Spartan Ops?
> > in shutdown in the hanger you see a bunch of ODST’s with heavy weapons
> > in the third episode of Spartan Ops in the third chapter the Marines your rescuing are ODST.
>
> Those are Spartan IV’s in Recruit armor, who replace the ODST’s for the purposes of “rare, stronger allied NPC’s”.
>
> Really, I think they should bring back Buck in a similar role to Johnson. I feel like Nathan Fillion would totally be up for that.

Buck was awesome. He should be in Halo 5 >.>

I would just like Nathan Fillion and his band of soldiers to come back in their own game again.

Im guessing most died during the end of the war and the rest who lived went on to become Spartan IV

Well there were ODSTs in Glasslands but I assume that either
A.) All ODSTs became spartan 4
B.) The Infinity didn’t need any ODSTs as the marines and spartans were enough
C.) ODSTs are just part of the marines now and aren’t their own seperate unit

Is kind of weird to see them M.I.A.

There are only apporximately 500-700 active Spartan IV’s at the time of Halo 4 so there are still thousands of ODST’s in service. Just a large quantity of Spartan IV’s were assigned to the Infinity making the ODST’s obsolete and unnessesary.

> Rumour is, most, if not all ODSTs became Spartan-IVs.
>
> Also, why bother bringing ODSTs aboard if you have Spartan-<mark>IV</mark>s?

Only ODSTs and IIs are bad*** enough to helljump.