ODST in Halo 5 (multiplayer playable)

Recently I’ve been playing a little Halo 3 ODST, and I find it very funny (specifically very realistic movements). If 343i wanted to add them as playable characters in the multiplayer for Halo 5 Guardians, what would you think and what you would like to have our ODST? (This post open for ODST because it appeared only the Halo 3 ODST, then a reappearance in Halo 5 Guardians would be welcome, after all, is the special forces of 'UNSC)

The use of ODST’s in multiplayer would be a bit odd, in my opinion. The only thing they’d bring to the table is a less durable class, and since one particular Spartan beat up four fully grown ODSTs (killing a couple as well, I believe) with minimal effort at 14… I don’t think that they’d have much of a chance canonically.

Having them as NPCs in campaign would be good, as it shows more of the backstory and all that, but multiplayer… no.

Yeah, don’t think they fit in MP with the huge disparity between the two. The only way it might work in MP would be a Juggernaught game type, with one Spartan and the rest of the players ODST trying to bring him down.

But having all the players with equal abilities and just re-skinning some as ODST wouldn’t feel right.

Would like to see them show up in the campaign more. They’ve been absent lately and I’ve missed having them around.

They are a great fit for Firefight though. Halo 5 could include Firefight, and then the option for the coop team to fight as Spartan’s or ODST, each with its own inherit benefits and limitations.

I’d also welcome a campaign DLC where you played as an ODST, as we did in Halo 3: ODST.

I’d love to see it done for SWAT, having all of the players using ODST models and renaming it “ODST slayer”, a bit like how they did with infection/flood in Halo 4.

They could do it for SWAT like the the guy above me said.

Yeah I thought some input mode:
The specifications and features are the same ODST Halo 3 ODST, but there will be changes “tactical” to benefit our

soldiers.

controls:
The commands will be the same for Halo 4 (as well as in Halo 5 I think), the only difference being that, with the arrow on

the D-Pad you can use the VISR (like in halo 3 ODST), then the counterparty will be spartan nightvision (as in halo reach),

so that in both maps dark easier fight (example Vortex or Impact). The differences between the two are small but useful for

both:
-ODST: as in halo 3 ODST will be able to highlight the edges of objects, identify weapons, allies and enemies (including

vehicles), but as always in the VISR ODST will be less effective.
Spartan: The night vision goggles for the spartan will be green (as in Reach) and the vision will be greater than VISR, but

you will not recognize (or outline) vehicles, enemies and allies.

Mode of spawn and respawn:

The initial spawn ODST will be with the HEV (Drop Pod). After landing with our Pod by pressing the action button X in the

door will open as halo 3 ODST (so if one of the enemy we will forward, the door will kill him giving us the megaglia

“splatter”). Our capsule will remain for 5 minutes in the battlefield, it will be reported only for us with a blue icon

with the name of “DropPod”. It can be used as a shelter, and in case we have a short life (as in Halo 3 ODST) we can only

treat hovering close (can only be done 1-2 times).

For the respawn … I’m undecided if it will be normal, and then directly on the battlefield, or if within a certain time

you will reappear with the Drop Pod (you decide on this).

Now the fateful question that you are asking yourself: "How can our ODST survive How can fight and in particular with a

Spartan?"
Ok I have already prepared for this last but good.
By using the LB button (or button for AA) you can use the '“equipment backpack” that will consist of a medical package that

instantly heal (charging time 2 min or more). Therefore I point out some of the equipment backpack:

Medical-Package (already listed)
-Package ammunition (will supply a maximum of ammunition for all the weapons we have, but not grenades).
-JetPack (duration equal to the jetpack Halo ODST then but being lighter, the 'height and distance will be higher).
Cash-medical (ODST will be available for all of the team but will heal slowly and not instantly).
Cash-munitions (ODST will be available for all of the team and will supply the ammunition instantly but also grenades).

The latter, ie the speakers, when used, will appear at the foot of our ODST and are active while the bar indicates that the

use will be halved and the crates disappear or break it with a melee attack to halve instantly. The charging time will be 3

minutes or more.

How to fight a spartan?!

Our ODST are lighter and less armored then the spartan more agile. The resistance compared to Halo 3 ODST will be greater,

so after suffering damage will lose less life (note: in H3 ODST after an amount of damage will begin to lose life, it will

be the same).
For the 'melee attack will use a dagger which will remove the shield on the first try and kill the second, in order to

balance the melee of ODST and Spartan (Spartan also kill us with 2 shots melee).
The ODST have their backpack that allows him to have more grenades and ammunition, this will help our soldiers.
Last section: HUD or viewer.

The viewer will be identical in form and function to Halo 3 ODST (to awaken the sweet memories of those who played).
The weapons, grenades and our equipment backpack down, life bar, radar (the radar is always to balance this with the

spartan) and the rest on top. The color will be orange.

Thanks for reading, even if it is too read only the sections that interest you.
PS: I’ll leave armor customization 343i

I love ODST, even more than the Spartan, I ask you please, with the hope that the members of the 343i can see this post. You can not even imagine how important it is for me. “We are ODST”. <3

> I’d love to see it done for SWAT, having all of the players using ODST models and renaming it “ODST slayer”, a bit like how they did with infection/flood in Halo 4.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2940014_Playable-ODSTs.aspx

Remember…there are 4 spartan project, for semplificate:
A spartan 4 have the power of 15-20 Marines
A spartan 1 (first spartan project) have power of 2 or 3 Marines. (Fonts: Halopedia).
What do you think if our ODST are spartan 1? Now its possible i think!

> Recently I’ve been playing a little Halo 3 ODST, and I find it very funny (specifically very realistic movements). If 343i wanted to add them as playable characters in the multiplayer for Halo 5 Guardians, what would you think and what you would like to have our ODST? (This post open for ODST because it appeared only the Halo 3 ODST, then a reappearance in Halo 5 Guardians would be welcome, after all, is the special forces of 'UNSC)

I posted something on this a long time ago but got no reply’s. Here is my original post:

NEW GAME TYPE IDEA TO REPLACE INVASION!

Hey guys, think about this, 343 I have your next big thing…

Everybody wants Elites in matchmaking in Halo 5 Guardians so picture this.
There could be a game type called Elite ODST
This game will be 8 vs 6
8 Players will play as Elites and 6 players will play as ODST’s with the same health bars as the game Halo 3 ODST. This game type will be all about strategy and teamwork because of the out numbered and less advantaged ODST’s against shielded elites.
What gives the ODST’s a chance will be the level design ( There should be 5 maps made specifically for this game type) and other cool reasons.

The game will play out much like invasion, The Elites objective will be to steal a relic and carry it to their drop ship.

Being the outnumbered ODST’s, their tasked to defend the station and secure the relic at all costs.

The ODST’s will be slightly faster on foot than the Elites and get to choose armor ability’s like jet pack and regeneration field to assist them. The ODST’s will also have access to better weapons at the start, and possibly vehicles. Also, if they are in a UNSC station, they could also use some control panels to close some doors on the station to assist them.

Please post your thoughts to improve my idea, I think this could be a really awesome game type if it was done properly. Thanks for reading!

In what ways is “Elite ODST” better than Invasion?

> In what ways is “Elite ODST” better than Invasion?

Halo 4 didn’t have invasion. This is better than nothing. There is so many things that could be added to make this a great game-type that includes ODST’s.

I’m not a game designer, I’m just the guy with an idea.

And I don’t think I said it was better, I said it could replace it.

> > In what ways is “Elite ODST” better than Invasion?
>
> Halo 4 didn’t have invasion. This is better than nothing. There is so many things that could be added to make this a great game-type that includes ODST’s.
>
> I’m not a game designer, I’m just the guy with an idea.

I’m just trying to get a better idea of what your vision is. What makes this gametype different than Invasion? If it is just Invasion but with ODSTs instead of Spartans than I don’t think it is a great idea but I could be missing something.

Its pretty much invasion that requires skill and lots of team effort. 343 is always going on about cannon, so its pretty much your spartan holding his own in ODST Armour, which is a nice change from Elites Vs Spartans.
8 Elites VS 6 ODST’s -

The maps designed for this will need to be custom built for this game-type to give the ODST’s a chance. It would be interactive and alive full of close-able doors and automated machine gun turrets.

This would also be cool for a flood mode or firefight.

I too am a guy with some ideas (mine is add ODST and i have posted how we can do). My fonts of inspiration are Halopedia and other posts in this forum, so a basic list for elenc ideas for halo 5 guardians is -Gameplay/Campaign/Multiplayer/Armor Cust./Spartan Abilities/Weapons/Veichles/Cinema/Forge > Forge World and Maps/Playable (ODST, Elites, Spartans). So for my post i use it and some people too use it (cross go in Halopedia for 8 hours per day every days). Why you not use this list and go to Halopedia before write a post? Good for write an organized post with good ideas!

I’d love to see an ODST multiplayer mode alone, not being SWAT only

I ask you to close this post, I am disappointed with myself, maybe I was not able to organize well the list.Anyway thank you all :slight_smile:

I just want them to return in Firefight… is it such a bad ask? Techinically it is its own area of the menu…

Campaign - Main Characters: John-117, Thel 'Vadam… Jameson Locke?

Multiplayer - Customized Spartan or Sangheili…

Firefight - Customized ODST…

The ODST should be comparatively different from the Spartans and Sangheili gameplay… in the WARGAMES… and perhaps OPS (If it returns)?

The idea of having differentiation between the hitboxes is due to the ODST being canonically weaker… but to also give gameplay a less repetitive feeling and make this section a unique and viable experience.

ODST and Firefight Mode

• Small hitbox

• No Energy Shielding

• Health and Medkits (Biofoam)

• No Auto-Regeneration of Health

• Limited Ammunition Crates

• Less Base Player Movement

• Sprint

• VISR Mode

• Less Melee Strength

• Spotting System

• Quick Team Commands

• Strategic and Dynamic Map Elements

• Secondary Objectives (Crashed pelican, intel, disable bomb, target cruiser…)

• Personal Loadouts

• Personal Ordnance Drops (Weapons and Vehicles)

• Economy Reward System

• Spawning on Living Team Mates… or if-dead initial spawn inside HEV (Drop Pod).

• Vehicles