ODST hero unit

Is there any possibility that the ODST hero units will be utilized in skirmish, multiplayer, blitz gameplay? I’m sure if 343 would implement them in play it’s most likely they become a part of Cutters skill tree unit replacing the common ODSTs, while the common ODST would be available in barracks. Any ideas or is it just wishful thinking?

They should replace Cutter’s hero unit. But my only concern is that if you build them from the Armory then they’re not ODST.

Some sort of mechanic should be put in place to make them drop in the battlefield with pods.

Yeah but how realistic would that happen? With Jerome being a part of campaign play under Cutter I don’t see how they all of a sudden cut him out. In the original HW were you able to purchase ODST in the armory? Also keeping Jerome with the hero ODST would strengthen his powers.

Realistically would 343 even consider adding them to additional play besides the campaign DLC?

No reason they can’t switch out ODST for Cutter’s Jerome. As for building them in the armory, just have them drop in when they finish building. They do that with Scarab now.

> 2533274806879197;5:
> No reason they can’t switch out ODST for Cutter’s Jerome. As for building them in the armory, just have them drop in when they finish building. They do that with Scarab now.

Yep they can still drop when purchased. You say no reason, but will 343 share in your reasoning?

> 2533274802879571;6:
> > 2533274806879197;5:
> > No reason they can’t switch out ODST for Cutter’s Jerome. As for building them in the armory, just have them drop in when they finish building. They do that with Scarab now.
>
> Yep they can still drop when purchased. You say no reason, but will 343 share in your reasoning?

Prob not. But we can ask nicely, right?

> 2533274806879197;5:
> No reason they can’t switch out ODST for Cutter’s Jerome. As for building them in the armory, just have them drop in when they finish building. They do that with Scarab now.

That’s always an option…

> 2533274806879197;7:
> > 2533274802879571;6:
> > > 2533274806879197;5:
> > > No reason they can’t switch out ODST for Cutter’s Jerome. As for building them in the armory, just have them drop in when they finish building. They do that with Scarab now.
> >
> > Yep they can still drop when purchased. You say no reason, but will 343 share in your reasoning?
>
> Prob not. But we can ask nicely, right?

Yeah but fans have been requesting their opinions on these boards for months, yet 343 at times doesn’t deliver. It’s a fun debate but I’m not holding my breath for something to happen. It’s just a waste of a creative hero that can enhance gameplay immensely.