ODST Drop pod and Vehicle spawn option

Hear me out, I think I have a good idea here…

We have only ever seen 2 ODST drops, in Halo 2 and Halo 3: ODST, and I realize that this is quite a rare event, but still incredibly, well, awesome. I propose a way to introduce it into multiplayer, and in a way that is entirely feasible.

In The Race Gametype in Halo Reach, you can spawn in a number of different vehicles, from mongeese/mongai/mongooses and warthogs,to ghosts and banshees. I think it wouldn’t be entirely impossible to have ODST drop Pods as a vehicle(possibly in forge), and have players able to spawn in them in certain gametypes(invasion, firefight), and have them drop down into the fight.
Obviously this wouldn’t work with enclosed maps, but it would be quite a way to make an entrance. I’ll give an example of how it could work in a gametype:

In an invasion/firefight gametype, you are given the option to add “spawn in drop pod,” with the description as “when possible, initially spawn and respawn in a drop pod, drop time is respawn time” or something along those lines.

I honestly don’t see how this couldn’t be possible, and I think it would be a great addition to gameplay options.

What are your thoughts?

This is a great idea
Invasion and firefight would help bring fun and new style of gameplay.
Elites being droped off by phantoms and get covering fire to help stop spawn camping in invasion.

Be great for new objectives for firefight like defend the landing zone till the evac pelican shows up

I was just thinking elites could come down in their own style of drop pods, and spartans would come in theirs.
Phantoms and pelicans would be cool though.