ODST and Reach compatible with physical edition?

I just purchased ODST for the MasterChief Collection, but for some reason I can’t access it in the Installed Games. My attempts to get it to work by uninstalling and reinstalling it were unsuccessful, and now I’ve been hit by the possibility that it won’t work with my physical, disc version of MCC. Could anyone please shed some light on this?

If you only have the physical disc copy of MCC, then you’ll need to purchase ODST and Reach separately in order to play them. You’ll get access to Reach multiplayer, but campaign and firefight is a separate purchase from the Microsoft store.

> 2533274813317074;2:
> If you only have the physical disc copy of MCC, then you’ll need to purchase ODST and Reach separately in order to play them. You’ll get access to Reach multiplayer, but campaign and firefight is a separate purchase from the Microsoft store.

Thank you for your response. Just to clarify, if I only have the disc version of the MCC, I won’t be able to play ODST or Reach campaigns (and firefight) despite purchasing them as add-ons for the game? Are they only compatible with the digital version?

If you only have the disc version then you will need to buy ODST and Reach from the store in order to play campaign and firefight.

> 2533274813317074;4:
> If you only have the disc version then you will need to buy ODST and Reach from the store in order to play campaign and firefight.

I finally got it working. I re-installed the ODST add-on from the store then restarted the console when it said “ready to start”. Then I was able to begin the in-game download. I don’t know what happened to make that necessary, or if any of that was actually what did the trick, but what matters is that it works now.
I guess sometimes the simplest solutions are the best. Ha ha…! Well, I’m going to get Reach next, once ODST is done downloading.
Thank you again!