ODST: 2

As a huge ODST fan, like many others. I think having a second ODST game is long overdue, it could be the new blood storyline. What do you guys think?

> “Helljumper, Helljumper where have you been?”

I remember back then when information was leaked that there would be a game centered around ODSTs. Halo 3 ODST was not what I was expecting and kind of disappointed with it. I was expecting a short story about the exploits of an ODST trooper with some crazy amazing orbital drops. Instead we got a mystery, lets play detective game. I still enjoyed it though, the music was some of the best out of the series by far, and it also introduced firefight.

So hopefully if there is another ODST installment it wont be a short sleuth tale.

I would wanna see another ODST like game. It was super fun, and the lack of shields made it pretty challenging if you didn’t know what you were doing.
However if they made a new one I wouldn’t wanna see it take place around Halo 4 or 5, and honestly not even the original trilogy either. I think if they made a new ODST game, it should be its own thing and not piggy back off of the other Halo games. Sorta like reach.

I think it would be fun but I don’t think it’s likely.

It would help flesh out the series and refresh the Spartans orinated games.

Unlikely, but I’d love to see it.

I wouldn’t exactly say that there are a bunch of huge ODST fans out there, but there are certainly a few. In fact, my best friend swears up and down about how great it is. I’m more of a Halo 2 fan myself, but nonetheless I eventually came around to ODST. It definitely isn’t a horrible game, but I’m not sure if a second one should be made.

I’d likely get it if they do ultimately make a second one though, but I’m more hyped for the second installment of Halo Wars in the meantime.

ODST is my favorite Halo game to date. The mood, the tone, the music, I’ve never experienced anything like it before or after. Here’s what I would want from a potential new ODST game:

• I don’t want to rehash a story that’s been told. In the OP, it was recommended that the game could follow New Blood. I would much rather experience a new story. The halo universe is ripe for story-telling, and I consider it to be very strange that the Reach story has been told in the following formats: game, book, graphic novel, comic book series (may be the same as graphic novel), and short animated movie. I want new Halo stories! Lol - New characters- voiced by amateur actors. I might be weird in the fact that I desire these things, but I want new characters that don’t sound and look like Malcolm Reynolds and Luke Cage lol. I would like amateur actors so the characters feel unique to halo. - More drops- the drop scene in ODST may be my favorite Halo comematic. I crave more! - Kazuma Jinnouchi handles the soundtrack. I have a hunch (not really backed up by facts) that Jinnouchi could handle the bluesy sounds of the first ODST in a manner that could surpass Marty.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> - I don’t want to rehash a story that’s been told. In the OP, it was recommended that the game could follow New Blood. I would much rather experience a new story. The halo universe is ripe for story-telling, and I consider it to be very strange that the Reach story has been told in the following formats: game, book, graphic novel, comic book series (may be the same as graphic novel), and short animated movie. I want new Halo stories! Lol

This very much sums up what I’d think of a new ODST-like game. ODST was so unique, that a ‘sequel’ would either end up very far from it, or on the contrary feel like it’s copying everything from the original. So rather than a new ODST game, I can only encourage 343 to experiment in spin-off games the way Bungie did with ODST. Not necessarily make a game with a detective-like character or a film noir ambience, just something we’ve never seen in a Halo game, the way we’d never really sneaked around looking for clues in a deserted city in a Halo game before ODST.

I depends i mean i want another halo odst game but some want the next game to be halo 6

> 2533274967141407;10:
> I depends i mean i want another halo odst game but some want the next game to be halo 6

Of course, everybody wants the next halo, but also we don’t want that the story ends so fast, so I think that an ODST: 2 would be great!

Maybe an ODST: 2 game mode in Halo 5, just as Spartan Ops in Halo 4, but yes, answering to your question, I would love a new ODST game, with the same or another characters, it has a lot that can be exploted, what I don’t know is what is 343 waiting for haha!

Also, if you guys have read the novels, there is a lot that can be put into, any other palce, any other moment, any other marine, it could also be an ODST and then be an Spartan

I agree completely. In my opinion, ODST was a lot of fun, and a nice change from the other games-I would love to see a 2nd ODST game.

I’d be down for a sequel to ODST. That game is interesting and tons of fun and I’d pay money to see if a sequel could top it. However, I don’t think it’s gonna happen anytime soon. It was said that a sequel would be considered if fan/media reception exceeded expectations and the need for a sequel came about.

Then again, that was during the Bungie saga. Maybe 343i would do it if they truly wanted to. Only time will tell.