ODST 2 (Maybe not a direct sequel)

What would you guys want if there was an ODST 2?

Me? It depends. Would we have actual ODSTs, or spartan IVS? If it were SIVs, for starters I’d love to see the return of the ODST helmet, shoulders and chest plate, but not like they were in reach. I’d want them to be actual armor, not a piece that just goes over top of the defualt and looks ridiculous.

That aside, I’d like actual drop missions. How cool would it be, if they did it like Halo 2? Missions that continue into the next?

So lets just say this:

Mission 1: Drop into enemy lines with your ODST squad. Massive battles (as seen in the ODST trailer) and you are navigating a war torn battlefeild. You reunite with your squad and complete a few objectives. You end up in a bunker, with a bit of R&R (though still in the battlefield) and you are waiting for extraction. A cutscene comes in, one that really shows of the game and builds a ton of character among the sqaud. At the end of the cutscene, you see a covenant ship on the horizon, complete with a one liner from the commanding officer.

End Mission.

Mission 2: Picks up where mission 1 left off. You are in a bunker with a covenant cruiser rolling in. You defend the bunker from waves of phantoms, possibly lose a squad mate or the squad mate is hurt. Eventually, your backup arrives and so does your reinforcements, who are now charged with holding this outpost. You have to race across the feild, and dive into a pelican overa canyon, all the while snipers and various tanks are shooting behind you.

Cutscene comes in showing your squad leaving.

Mission 3: Back on the Ship. Commanding officer (at the moment, I am imagining a tex (rvb) like female commanding officer, SIV clad in black ODST armor) argues with the fleetmaster, or admiral about what happened previously (say something went wrong, or backup didn’t arrive fast enough.)

They argue for a bit, you are told your orders and you drop once again. All the while the squad is building character via interactions and reactions.

Now play the mission, possibly you get stranded for 2-3 misions, showing different areas of where you are (delta halo enviroment, or possibly something like the ODST bit in Halo legends.)…

Alright, those are my jumbled thoughts that probably make no sense compared to how this thread started off, but that’s all I’ve got so far.

What would you guys like to see if an ODST 2 was made?

I would want it to be about ODSTs being commissioned to take care of a human rebellion. You would drop into a rebel outpost which you proceed to defeat and find intel on an asteroid rebel base. Game proceeds from there…

I want the Squad to be the focus of season two of S.OPS.
Less large scale military and more old-school Spartan stuff.
I love that the SIV’s are hated by myself. They are the cocky bunch I feared they would be and Sarah Palmer is their mascot I hope suffers a fate worse than Captain Keyes in H5…
But I want to role play a squad of Headhunters of sorts. The Headhunters could still be around as a division we know little about. We could have specific black ops and hush-hush units that act more like SEALs’s/JTF2’s than they do a full scale fighting force…
And I want that to be the Squad. Them boys have earned their spot as a fearsome 4, they make a fearsome IV and by the gods they kick more -Yoink- than a IV as a 4 before they were IV’s.

As much as I love Ryan, Nathan should’ve been the GL. I didn’t get my GL, Ryan got jipped on being my Deadpool, so by-golly I want my Squad with cast of Firefly and that handsome devil Forge, I mean Nolan North back.

> I want the Squad to be the focus of season two of S.OPS.
> Less large scale military and more old-school Spartan stuff.
> I love that the SIV’s are hated by myself. They are the cocky bunch I feared they would be and Sarah Palmer is their mascot I hope suffers a fate worse than Captain Keyes in H5…
> But I want to role play a squad of Headhunters of sorts. The Headhunters could still be around as a division we know little about. We could have specific black ops and hush-hush units that act more like SEALs’s/JTF2’s than they do a full scale fighting force…
> And I want that to be the Squad. Them boys have earned their spot as a fearsome 4, they make a fearsome IV and by the gods they kick more -Yoink!- than a IV as a 4 before they were IV’s.

That would certainly be interesting. I am concerned with it being Spops though, as I would rather an actual campaign, with styled missions and various new worlds instead of campaign/multiplayer maps reworked. This way, we’d be able to do something other than “Kill Aliens, Press buttons” for missions.

I like your suggestion for the Headhunter squad, that would certainly be a great thing to see, along with other things. I woul, however, still like to see ODST missions involved, which I don’t think we’d be able to do with Spops, unless they do actual coding, as opposed to reworking.

> As much as I love Ryan, Nathan should’ve been the GL. I didn’t get my GL, Ryan got jipped on being my Deadpool, so by-golly I want my Squad with cast of Firefly and that handsome devil Forge, I mean Nolan North back.

… There is so much here that I don’t understand…

I loved Halo 3: ODST. ODST’s were the best, I kinda hate the SIV’s right now especially Palmer. I want her to die with the infinity.

I’d love another ODST game, in fact I really liked Halo 3: ODST and thought that its story was much deeper than previous Halo games. I’m also in favor of drop missions like one of the other posters said, I think it would be great to drop, fight, move to the next objective, and maybe do another drop later like we’re island hopping. I think the ODSTs are a strong corner of the Halo universe that has remained largely untapped in the Halo games.

And bring back SGT Buck\Nathan Fillion!