Oddball throwing to enemy team

Will there be a system preventing your team mate trolling your team and throwing oddballs to the team or an enmey throwing the ball at you to prevent you from shooting?

I’m pretty sure it is possible for an enemy to intercept and catch.

Well no but a Troll could give the enemy the ball in any Halo game if he tried hard enough.

You can intercept throws so nope.

I plan to try this is I’m holding the oddball, throw it at the enemy shooting me, auto-grab, now I have the upper hand. >:D

> You can intercept throws so nope.

So the enemey player can throw the ball at you to prevent you from shooting?

if a troller wants to troll, he will find a way, system or no system. Besides, hows it any different from h3? You could just throw it off the edge or throw to bottom middle for the enemy if you wanted to.

Throws can be intercepted so the enemy can get the ball if they tried hard enough.

Other than that, yes you may get teamed up with a troll who will throw it to the other team…just hope there is a troll on their team as well.

Haha! I can already see this happening:
Red: Yes! I got the oddball first!
Blue: Oh snap! He got the oddball before me! RAEG AR ATTAAAAAACK!!!
Red: Oh -Yoink-! He’s going to kill me! Throws oddball to blue player
Blue: Blue pick ups oddball Hey! I did not want this! Throws oddball back to red
Red: No! You take it so I can shoot you!
Blue: No! U take it! >:(
Red: No! You! >:C

XD

> > You can intercept throws so nope.
>
> So the enemey player can throw the ball at you to prevent you from shooting?

It’s called strategy. Why would you want to remove something that makes the game more complex and interesting?

> > > You can intercept throws so nope.
> >
> > So the enemey player can throw the ball at you to prevent you from shooting?
>
> It’s called strategy. Why would you want to remove something that makes the game more complex and interesting?

Because it will make everything easier for the team with the ball, throwing balls to other team memebers is easy enough but also having the abillity to frustrate the enemy group will just make your team near to unbeatable.

> Haha! I can already see this happening:
> Red: Yes! I got the oddball first!
> Blue: Oh snap! He got the oddball before me! RAEG AR ATTAAAAAACK!!!
> Red: Oh Yoink!! He’s going to kill me! Throws oddball to blue player
> Blue: Blue pick ups oddball Hey! I did not want this! Throws oddball back to red
> Red: No! You take it so I can shoot you!
> Blue: No! U take it! >:(
> Red: No! You! >:C
>
> XD

Good point, that would be so funny.

Rock it before you knock it.

> Haha! I can already see this happening:
> Red: Yes! I got the oddball first!
> Blue: Oh snap! He got the oddball before me! RAEG AR ATTAAAAAACK!!!
> Red: Oh Yoink!! He’s going to kill me! Throws oddball to blue player
> Blue: Blue pick ups oddball Hey! I did not want this! Throws oddball back to red
> Red: No! You take it so I can shoot you!
> Blue: No! U take it! >:(
> Red: No! You! >:C
>
> XD

I’ll just throw it towards my team and run away.

Though now that you mention it this throwing mechanic is sure to make Hot Potato much better.

> > > > You can intercept throws so nope.
> > >
> > > So the enemey player can throw the ball at you to prevent you from shooting?
> >
> > It’s called strategy. Why would you want to remove something that makes the game more complex and interesting?
>
> Because it will make everything easier for the team with the ball, throwing balls to other team memebers is easy enough but also having the abillity to frustrate the enemy group will just make your team near to unbeatable.

Throwing a ball to an enemy so they can’t shoot isn’t a good idea. They could simply throw it back while closing distance. If you throw it back to them, they’re close enough to sprint in for a 1-hit-kill melee.

you have to hold X, or which ever is the action button for your layout, to pick up the oddball, so the “throw ball at enemy to get an easy kill” tactic wont work.

> Will there be a system preventing your team mate trolling your team and throwing oddballs to the team or an enmey throwing the ball at you to prevent you from shooting?

Actually, that last part sounds like a pretty clever strategy! I think I’m going to give that a try! I don’t really see much of an issue with that one personally.

I don’t think there will ever be a cure for trolls though.

> > You can intercept throws so nope.
>
> So the enemey player can throw the ball at you to prevent you from shooting?

Seems like a fair trade since you will be be giving an enemy free points while you kill him.

> > > You can intercept throws so nope.
> >
> > So the enemey player can throw the ball at you to prevent you from shooting?
>
> Seems like a fair trade since you will be be giving an enemy free points while you kill him.

Not to mention the ability to 1-hit-melee kill you.