Oddball Melee Instant Kill Exploit

Can somebody please explain to me how a player holding the oddball can kill an enemy player that is at full shields with a single melee? I’ve seen this happen time and time again and have no idea how it happens or works, it gives whoever knows this exploit an unfair advantage in the ranked arena. P.S I know halo 5 ranked is gonna be coming to its end at least in player count once infinite comes out but id like to end on a high note rather than losing because an exploit I don’t understand.

In Assault gamemodes it is a one-hit melee I think. As far as Oddball goes, I am not sure. I have never heard of a one-hit exploit before.

> 2533275014099507;2:
> In Assault gamemodes it is a one-hit melee I think. As far as Oddball goes, I am not sure. I have never heard of a one-hit exploit before.

its a button glitch. You just fire your weapon or press switch weapon the moment your melee hits. It’s been around forever…button combos and glitches like the start glitch/frame skip, red bar melee parry, extended spartan charge, etc. Are all still currently in the game and while some are annoying others are part of the skill gap much like spring jumps, knee cap jumps etc…

The only ones they ever took out are the major game breaking ones like at one point there was a rapid fire glitch. Now if you see anyone using rapid fire it isn’t a glitch, actually instead is a player cheating.

> 2533274842046585;3:
> > 2533275014099507;2:
> > In Assault gamemodes it is a one-hit melee I think. As far as Oddball goes, I am not sure. I have never heard of a one-hit exploit before.
>
> its a button glitch. You just fire your weapon or press switch weapon the moment your melee hits. It’s been around forever…button combos and glitches like the start glitch/frame skip, red bar melee parry, extended spartan charge, etc. Are all still currently in the game and while some are annoying others are part of the skill gap much like spring jumps, knee cap jumps etc…
>
> The only ones they ever took out are the major game breaking ones like at one point there was a rapid fire glitch. Now if you see anyone using rapid fire it isn’t a glitch, actually instead is a player cheating.

oh I see… I have never encountered it before. I guess I don’t play enough oddball lol

> 2533275014099507;4:
> > 2533274842046585;3:
> > > 2533275014099507;2:
> > > In Assault gamemodes it is a one-hit melee I think. As far as Oddball goes, I am not sure. I have never heard of a one-hit exploit before.
> >
> > its a button glitch. You just fire your weapon or press switch weapon the moment your melee hits. It’s been around forever…button combos and glitches like the start glitch/frame skip, red bar melee parry, extended spartan charge, etc. Are all still currently in the game and while some are annoying others are part of the skill gap much like spring jumps, knee cap jumps etc…
> >
> > The only ones they ever took out are the major game breaking ones like at one point there was a rapid fire glitch. Now if you see anyone using rapid fire it isn’t a glitch, actually instead is a player cheating.
>
> oh I see… I have never encountered it before. I guess I don’t play enough oddball lol

Yea. Well it also depends what players you play against. I think players in daimond and above will probably be the players you see use it most often. Its annoying because sometimes I’ll forget it exists and get the jump on the carrier thinking I’ll just double melee and bam. I’m sent flying across the screen. Haha.