Oddball - Bring it back!

Bring Oddball back!!!

I’m pretty sure everyone prefers Oddball over the new Covenant Slayer or whatever it’s called.

At least bring Oddball to Team Arena. Team Arena is an outdated playlist that was meant for comp, but now it has been replaced with HCS and I’m sure people that play Team Arena wouldn’t mind some Oddball in the mix.

Who’s with me?

Edit: please don’t take me too literally when I say “everyone”.

Seconded.
Edit: Actually, I thoroughly enjoy Covenant Slayer. I don’t know see why Covenant Slayer can’t be lumped in with the Ranked Slayer Playlist. Still would like to see a permanent return for Oddball, though.

Wow, they got rid of oddball that quick?

I agree, the main reason that Team Arena had to have Slayer included, and Assault was removed, was that Team Arena was meant to be the HCS playlist, where players could practice using the exact same maps, gametypes etc, that would be used in official competition.
Now that HCS is a playlist of its own, there is no reason for Team Arena to continue to be limited in this way. I would love to see Team Arena become Team Objective, with the Slayer gametype removed, and Assault and Oddball added.

> 2533274807041881;4:
> I agree, the main reason that Team Arena had to have Slayer included, and Assault was removed, was that Team Arena was meant to be the HCS playlist, where players could practice using the exact same maps, gametypes etc, that would be used in official competition.
> Now that HCS is a playlist of its own, there is no reason for Team Arena to continue to be limited in this way. I would love to see Team Arena become Team Objective, with the Slayer gametype removed, and Assault and Oddball added.

couldn’t agree more Team objective would be awesome with plenty of oddball i loved that playlist hope it comes back soon !

> 2533274848704527;1:
> I’m pretty sure everyone prefers Oddball over the new Covenant Slayer or whatever it’s called.

Well you’re wrong. Just because you don’t like the new playlist and prefer the old one doesn’t mean others don’t.

I hate Shotty Snipers yet plenty of people want to see it return but you don’t see me telling them to stop asking for it.

Covenant Slayer has it’s fans. I happen to be one of them.

Don’t speak for the community or even a majority of the community. Always assume you are a minority or else you create problems because you are treating your voice like it’s everyone’s.

I was just going to start a thread about this! Gimme Oddball or give me death.

> 2533274903727694;3:
> Wow, they got rid of oddball that quick?

Yes. I think it only lasted for 2 weeks or less.

> 2533274807041881;4:
> I agree, the main reason that Team Arena had to have Slayer included, and Assault was removed, was that Team Arena was meant to be the HCS playlist, where players could practice using the exact same maps, gametypes etc, that would be used in official competition.
> Now that HCS is a playlist of its own, there is no reason for Team Arena to continue to be limited in this way. I would love to see Team Arena become Team Objective, with the Slayer gametype removed, and Assault and Oddball added.

I really wouldn’t mind having a Slayer match here and there.

> 2533274883849234;6:
> > 2533274848704527;1:
> > I’m pretty sure everyone prefers Oddball over the new Covenant Slayer or whatever it’s called.
>
> Well you’re wrong. Just because you don’t like the new playlist and prefer the old one doesn’t mean others don’t.
>
> I hate Shotty Snipers yet plenty of people want to see it return but you don’t see me telling them to stop asking for it.
>
> Covenant Slayer has it’s fans. I happen to be one of them.
>
> Don’t speak for the community or even a majority of the community. Always assume you are a minority or else you create problems because you are treating your voice like it’s everyone’s.

I never said I didn’t like it. I just mentioned I “PREFER” Oddball over Covenant Slayer.

I’m also not telling anyone to stop asking for anything.

I’m sure Covenant Slayer has its fans and that’s okay.

Please don’t take me too literally when I say “everyone”. I tend to exaggerate things for more emphasis sometimes. What I meant to say was more people enjoy Oddball over Covenant Slayer.

> 2533274848704527;1:
> Bring Oddball back!!!
>
> I’m pretty sure everyone prefers Oddball over the new Covenant Slayer or whatever it’s called.
>
> At least bring Oddball to Team Arena. Team Arena is an outdated playlist that was meant for comp, but now it has been replaced with HCS and I’m sure people that play Team Arena wouldn’t mind some Oddball in the mix.
>
> Who’s with me?
>
> Edit: please don’t take me too literally when I say “everyone”.

I heard that Oddball came back and it was my first arena game in months. I didnt realize it would be gone so soon : (

> 2533274848704527;9:
> > 2533274807041881;4:
> > I agree, the main reason that Team Arena had to have Slayer included, and Assault was removed, was that Team Arena was meant to be the HCS playlist, where players could practice using the exact same maps, gametypes etc, that would be used in official competition.
> > Now that HCS is a playlist of its own, there is no reason for Team Arena to continue to be limited in this way. I would love to see Team Arena become Team Objective, with the Slayer gametype removed, and Assault and Oddball added.
>
> I really wouldn’t mind having a Slayer match here and there.

Yeah, if the recent update balances out the percentage of slayer vs strongholds vs ctf, then I’d be happy with that

Agreed.

Oddball was one of the many bricks that made the halo franchise and it was here as a temp playlist for like two weeks.
There’s literally nothing to gain from making it a timed thing and it only frustrates the already dwindling playerbase.
If they brought back a less widely known gametype such as Odd Man Out(remember that?) it would be more suitable for a temporary playlist but this is ODDBALL we’re talking about here it should be here to stay.

It isn’t too much of a stretch to say that if halo 6 doesn’t release with all the basic gametypes that previous games have had in the past the game will die not even a year into its life and halo as a whole might cease to exist.

I like Covenant Slayer, but I greatly prefer Oddball. Pretty annoyed that it’s gone so soon. It was the only reason I’d been playing Halo 5 pretty much daily again.

I love everyone in this thread, I hope the halo gods see the this thread and give us permanent odball in some form.

> 2533274805128282;11:
> > 2533274848704527;1:
> > Bring Oddball back!!!
> >
> > I’m pretty sure everyone prefers Oddball over the new Covenant Slayer or whatever it’s called.
> >
> > At least bring Oddball to Team Arena. Team Arena is an outdated playlist that was meant for comp, but now it has been replaced with HCS and I’m sure people that play Team Arena wouldn’t mind some Oddball in the mix.
> >
> > Who’s with me?
> >
> > Edit: please don’t take me too literally when I say “everyone”.
>
> I heard that Oddball came back and it was my first arena game in months. I didnt realize it would be gone so soon : (

Me either. I thought it would if stayed for at least two more weeks.

> 2533274807041881;12:
> > 2533274848704527;9:
> > > 2533274807041881;4:
> > > I agree, the main reason that Team Arena had to have Slayer included, and Assault was removed, was that Team Arena was meant to be the HCS playlist, where players could practice using the exact same maps, gametypes etc, that would be used in official competition.
> > > Now that HCS is a playlist of its own, there is no reason for Team Arena to continue to be limited in this way. I would love to see Team Arena become Team Objective, with the Slayer gametype removed, and Assault and Oddball added.
> >
> > I really wouldn’t mind having a Slayer match here and there.
>
> Yeah, if the recent update balances out the percentage of slayer vs strongholds vs ctf, then I’d be happy with that

That would be nice. As it is right now, though. I don’t mind it either.

> 2533274795509759;13:
> Agreed.
>
> Oddball was one of the many bricks that made the halo franchise and it was here as a temp playlist for like two weeks.
> There’s literally nothing to gain from making it a timed thing and it only frustrates the already dwindling playerbase.
> If they brought back a less widely known gametype such as Odd Man Out(remember that?) it would be more suitable for a temporary playlist but this is ODDBALL we’re talking about here it should be here to stay.
>
> It isn’t too much of a stretch to say that if halo 6 doesn’t release with all the basic gametypes that previous games have had in the past the game will die not even a year into its life and halo as a whole might cease to exist.

I honestly do not remember the Odd Man Out playlist. Was this Halo 4?

Agreed. Halo might just die.

> 2535470524887292;14:
> I like Covenant Slayer, but I greatly prefer Oddball. Pretty annoyed that it’s gone so soon. It was the only reason I’d been playing Halo 5 pretty much daily again.

There it is. That’s what I’m talking about.
Covenant Slayer < Oddball!

Why not a permanent playlist (6Vs.6) with: KOTH, Oddball, Husky, Assault, Neutral Flag, Superfiesta and Covenant Slayer. Instead of the Superfiesta playlist??