Oddball and team objective in general.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that teams in team objective are too large? I recently got back into Halo 4 after keeping up with bulletins and following the improvements to matchmaking. However one thing has really stuck out. Team objective kind of sucks, and the average population suggests others feel the same. Now I’ve only jumped around looking for some oddball games but there are probably issues with other gametypes in the playlist and I feel that it stems from the team sizes.

I’ve never played 6 player per team oddball before and I have to say it doesn’t play well in my opinion. It just seems to be a race for every power weapon on the map since there are more than enough players on a team to grab all the initial drops. Then it basically comes down to locking down an area with said power weapons until the enemy team is tired of getting mulched while trying to get the ball.

I feel that if the playlist were 4v4, just like team slayer, they would play alot better with more fluid gameplay instead of seige this base because they’re all in there. 4v4 would encourage more tactical thinking and better teamwork. Like two 2 man groups split amongs one team in oddball, one group has the ball and since they don’t have a small army defending the ball they’re placed ready to toss the Ball if need be across the map to the other group on their team.

Do you agree that team sizes may be the root of the issue or do you feel that it is something else more with the gamemodes themselves?
Discuss.

I don’t understand the 6v6 Team Objective playlist either. Why they would make it 6v6 is beyond me, it never has been and there weren’t any problems in the past.

What also doesn’t make sense is that CTF is its own playlist instead of being in Team Objective. It’s an objective based game, and you play it with teams. All that does is separate the player base, which I recall them saying they didn’t want to do.

> I don’t understand the 6v6 Team Objective playlist either. Why they would make it 6v6 is beyond me, it never has been and there weren’t any problems in the past.
>
> What also doesn’t make sense is that CTF is its own playlist instead of being in Team Objective. It’s an objective based game, and you play it with teams. All that does is separate the player base, which I recall them saying they didn’t want to do.

Look at the CTF population. Look at the team objective population. There’s your answer.

That confuses me as well. Splitting up the iconic objective gametype from the rest does not make much sense. Putting them back together would help bring attention to the other gametypes encouraging improvements to be made to all of them.

> > I don’t understand the 6v6 Team Objective playlist either. Why they would make it 6v6 is beyond me, it never has been and there weren’t any problems in the past.
> >
> > What also doesn’t make sense is that CTF is its own playlist instead of being in Team Objective. It’s an objective based game, and you play it with teams. All that does is separate the player base, which I recall them saying they didn’t want to do.
>
> Look at the CTF population. Look at the team objective population. There’s your answer.

Pretty sure people like variety when it’s thrown in. Putting CTF as the main gametype and having Oddball and KoTH pop up wouldn’t hurt anyone. 90% in H3 Social Slayer everyone votes Team Rockets when it comes up.

It needs to go back to 4v4 and be small maps again. I don’t know why 343 is trying to turn it into a BTB objective when they should have just had objective games in BTB from the start.

Eh there was a thread about this on the same page with a 343i response lol.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst207818_Why-Is-Objective-6v6.aspx

The Oddball should be a Hot Potato and explode like in REACH, stops a team camping.

Should’ve stayed 4v4. It was so much better that way. I loved playing it.

Was so happy to find out Extraction was being put in it… But then they made it 6v6… And they got rid of Team Regicide! Supersadface!

As a 6v6 playlist, it’s just a disgrace. Not even worthy my attention. I hate it now.

> Eh there was a thread about this on the same page with a 343i response lol.
>
> https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst207818_Why-Is-Objective-6v6.aspx

I was a day too late! Argh!