Odd oddball experience

Just finished playing a match of oddball. Pretty much dominated the ball, but the opposing team still won. With 204 points! I have watched the replay in theater mode and can see the opposing team earning points in increments of 5 while I’m holding the ball.

Anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

The opposing team would constantly commit suicide as well.

Yeah there’s currently a glitch allowing that to happen. 343 are working on fixing it. It’s a pretty simple glitch so I wouldn’t expect it to take too long.

Hope they plan to ban people abusing the glitch. One of the people doing it has a “verified” with a check mark.

Pretty lame.

> 2533274976212947;3:
> Hope they plan to ban people abusing the glitch. One of the people doing it has a “verified” with a check mark.
>
> Pretty lame.

I disagree. Yes, the glitch is game breaking, but banning for something that they messed up on doesn’t make the situation any better. Besides, they didnt ban for rapid fire, so why should they ban for this?

343 is aware of the issue and are working on fixing it. It’s just a simple typo in the code. There’s a “+5” instead of “-5” in point reduction for suicides. Should be fixed relatively soon. It’s actually kinda funny, honestly.

https://youtu.be/V2G-dJeOMM4

> 2533274976212947;3:
> Hope they plan to ban people abusing the glitch. One of the people doing it has a “verified” with a check mark.
>
> Pretty lame.

The “verified” thing isn’t anything special. It just means someone used emoji in their name.

other spartans being able to run and you only getting one boost on the oddball is IDk :confused:

It is oddball, H5 style.

Well its a good thing I don’t play things when they are broken haha

But still that’s messed up

> 2533274834607247;5:
> 343 is aware of the issue and are working on fixing it. It’s just a simple typo in the code. There’s a “+5” instead of “-5” in point reduction for suicides. Should be fixed relatively soon. It’s actually kinda funny, honestly.
>
> https://youtu.be/V2G-dJeOMM4

That made me laugh my -yoink- hard! So anyone can win the game by simply just killing themselves in the match and BOOM!

YOU’RE WINNER!

It’s not a glitch. It’s a setting in options. It’s a suicide penalty option that’s set. 343 meant to subtract 5 points but instead set it to add 5 points.

> 2535442303795050;4:
> > 2533274976212947;3:
> > Hope they plan to ban people abusing the glitch. One of the people doing it has a “verified” with a check mark.
> >
> > Pretty lame.
>
> I disagree. Yes, the glitch is game breaking, but banning for something that they messed up on doesn’t make the situation any better. Besides, they didnt ban for rapid fire, so why should they ban for this?

I am not familiar with the rapid fire glitch you’re referring to. That’s because I’m not actively looking for methods to cheat in the game. So, that’s why I suggest a ban. I’m no stranger to online gaming and if there is a known exploit, which this clearly is, you’re banned for abusing it. Plain and simple.

So why wouldn’t people who commit suicide, in game repeatedly, be booted from the match? Is it because it’s a social game type?

> 2533274976212947;13:
> So why wouldn’t people who commit suicide, in game repeatedly, be booted from the match? Is it because it’s a social game type?

The scoring bug is already fixed.