Odd ball and flag not one shotting

I feel as if the odd ball and flag not one shotting is not a good change. The one shot at least gave a way to fight back while holding the item and now with the flag, there is basically no lunge making you absolutely useless while holding it. Please at leads make both of these items so there is an option to fight back. This really change how odd balls. Instead of having a way to fight back your just a sitting duck.

1 Like

the whole point of the modes is for one person to pick up the objective and the rest of the team protect them, if you let them fight with the objective it makes the team play less important and the overall mode easier. this is good for the game and should stay how it is.

2 Likes

I agree. I found in my games that I would frequently drop the ball to fight, when in the past I would try to be incognito. I don’t understand the argument that it’s “meant to put the team at a disadvantage” - uh maybe don’t try to take out the ball-carrier by running into melee range! lmao

Oddball melee has a lower “cooldown” than normal melee, if you’re sitting near a corner other people don’t stand a chance and you can just hit them. Even got an achievement for killing 3 people with the ball while the ball carrier should be at a major disadvantage it didn’t really feel like that lol.

I agree that it needs to go back to one shot. I also agree that it needs to be a team game and not a solo game. The problem is that is rarely the case in my experience. I often get teamed with randoms who have no interest or understanding of how to play flag/ball games. You may have one other player that is helping you but its rare to have a full team with the same goal.

1 Like

while I agree with you… that’s presuming a perfect world, where your teammates actually play the objective. In my experience, unless I’m playing with my own squad… my “teammates” are off worrying about their k/d instead of protecting the carrier, or even getting the ball (literally saw one teammate kill the carrier, the ball rolled to his feet, and they just ran off, looking for more kills). The instakill melee with the oddball is 1. classic Halo 2. not a safety guarantee… if the other team is coordinating at all, it’s hard to stay alive/hidden.

2 Likes

Also if you choose to run, you’re instantly spotted, regardless if an enemy has actually spotted you. You are very vulnerable as a carrier, at least Halo 5 you could have a pistol too.