October will likely be the death of this game

With a bunch of people already playing GTA V, the population is already low. Some new games that will come out that are sure to draw in a bunch of players:

Assassins Creed 4: black flag
Batman: Arkham Origins
Battlefield 4 (game and beta)

and Halo 3 becomes free to all gold users on Oct 16th.

Sure there’s the game of the year edition coming out, but which one do you think people will get? $60 or $0?

Also the battlefield 4 beta is free.

GG Halo 4.

Discuss

If you want to discuss Halo 4’s population, please use this thread:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2579179_Daily-Halo-4-Population-Thread.aspx

And you felt the need to post yet another “omg halo4 r dieing” topic because… ?

Won’t be dead as long as people still play it and I’ll still be playing Campaign and SpOps like I still am

> With a bunch of people already playing GTA V, the population is already low. Some new games that will come out that are sure to draw in a bunch of players:
>
> Assassins Creed 4: black flag
> Batman: Arkham Origins
> Battlefield 4 (game and beta)
>
> <mark>and Halo 3 becomes free to all gold users on Oct 16th.</mark>
>
> Sure there’s the game of the year edition coming out, but which one do you think people will get? $60 or $0?
>
> Also the battlefield 4 beta is free.
>
> GG Halo 4.

What makes you think that will last? With those games coming out and DLC requirements?

> If you want to discuss Halo 4’s population, please use this thread:
>
> https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2579179_Daily-Halo-4-Population-Thread.aspx

thanks, I was going to post there first, but I couldn’t find the thread.

> > With a bunch of people already playing GTA V, the population is already low. Some new games that will come out that are sure to draw in a bunch of players:
> >
> > Assassins Creed 4: black flag
> > Batman: Arkham Origins
> > Battlefield 4 (game and beta)
> >
> > <mark>and Halo 3 becomes free to all gold users on Oct 16th.</mark>
> >
> > Sure there’s the game of the year edition coming out, but which one do you think people will get? $60 or $0?
> >
> > Also the battlefield 4 beta is free.
> >
> > GG Halo 4.
>
> What makes you think that will last? With those games coming out and DLC requirements?

Rumor has it that Frank O’Connor said somewhere on neogaf that there will be playlist changes to accommodate the players without dlc.

Also a bunch of people already own the game with dlc.

> > > With a bunch of people already playing GTA V, the population is already low. Some new games that will come out that are sure to draw in a bunch of players:
> > >
> > > Assassins Creed 4: black flag
> > > Batman: Arkham Origins
> > > Battlefield 4 (game and beta)
> > >
> > > <mark>and Halo 3 becomes free to all gold users on Oct 16th.</mark>
> > >
> > > Sure there’s the game of the year edition coming out, but which one do you think people will get? $60 or $0?
> > >
> > > Also the battlefield 4 beta is free.
> > >
> > > GG Halo 4.
> >
> > What makes you think that will last? With those games coming out and DLC requirements?
>
> Rumor has it that Frank O’Connor said somewhere on neogaf that there will be playlist changes to accommodate the players without dlc.
>
> Also a bunch of people already own the game with dlc.

And a bunch of people left Halo 3 when MW2 came out, what’s going to stop them leaving again?

I will still be playing HALO 4 until HALO 5 comes out…

> > > > With a bunch of people already playing GTA V, the population is already low. Some new games that will come out that are sure to draw in a bunch of players:
> > > >
> > > > Assassins Creed 4: black flag
> > > > Batman: Arkham Origins
> > > > Battlefield 4 (game and beta)
> > > >
> > > > <mark>and Halo 3 becomes free to all gold users on Oct 16th.</mark>
> > > >
> > > > Sure there’s the game of the year edition coming out, but which one do you think people will get? $60 or $0?
> > > >
> > > > Also the battlefield 4 beta is free.
> > > >
> > > > GG Halo 4.
> > >
> > > What makes you think that will last? With those games coming out and DLC requirements?
> >
> > Rumor has it that Frank O’Connor said somewhere on neogaf that there will be playlist changes to accommodate the players without dlc.
> >
> > Also a bunch of people already own the game with dlc.
>
> And a bunch of people left Halo 3 when MW2 came out, what’s going to stop them leaving again?

MW2 is old. And its not free. Why would players who will get halo 3 for free go to MW2 all of a sudden?

And there were plenty of people who stayed playing halo 3 when mw2 came out. Way more than 4 right now.

> > > > > With a bunch of people already playing GTA V, the population is already low. Some new games that will come out that are sure to draw in a bunch of players:
> > > > >
> > > > > Assassins Creed 4: black flag
> > > > > Batman: Arkham Origins
> > > > > Battlefield 4 (game and beta)
> > > > >
> > > > > <mark>and Halo 3 becomes free to all gold users on Oct 16th.</mark>
> > > > >
> > > > > Sure there’s the game of the year edition coming out, but which one do you think people will get? $60 or $0?
> > > > >
> > > > > Also the battlefield 4 beta is free.
> > > > >
> > > > > GG Halo 4.
> > > >
> > > > What makes you think that will last? With those games coming out and DLC requirements?
> > >
> > > Rumor has it that Frank O’Connor said somewhere on neogaf that there will be playlist changes to accommodate the players without dlc.
> > >
> > > Also a bunch of people already own the game with dlc.
> >
> > And a bunch of people left Halo 3 when MW2 came out, what’s going to stop them leaving again?
>
> MW2 is old. And its not free. Why would players who will get halo 3 for free go to MW2 all of a sudden?
>
> And there were plenty of people who stayed playing halo 3 when mw2 came out. Way more than 4 right now.

They could go to Black Ops 2

But still, why would they stay on Halo 3 not?

Halo 3’s not all that. It was a great game for its time but it’s not the greatest like people say it was. The ranking structure was good and the maps were good, but that didn’t make the game.
You can try to make these threads all you want, but we all know halo 4 will always be here, being played every day.

> I will still be playing HALO 4 until HALO 5 comes out…

As will I.

> Halo 3’s not all that. It was a great game for its time but it’s not the greatest like people say it was. The ranking structure was good and the maps were good, but that didn’t make the game.
> You can try to make these threads all you want, but we all know halo 4 will always be here, being played every day.

Population statistics say otherwise.

> With a bunch of people already playing GTA V, the population is already low. Some new games that will come out that are sure to draw in a bunch of players:
>
> Assassins Creed 4: black flag
> Batman: Arkham Origins
> Battlefield 4 (game and beta)
>
> and Halo 3 becomes free to all gold users on Oct 16th.
>
> Sure there’s the game of the year edition coming out, but which one do you think people will get? $60 or $0?
>
> Also the battlefield 4 beta is free.
>
> GG Halo 4.
>
> Discuss

People buy GTA to find the -Yoink-. They’re not that interested in the game.

I might be wrong, but I believe Assassins Creed and Batman are single player games.

There never was and never will be anything going on with Battlefield that will affect Halo on a permanent basis.

Other games have never significantly affected any Halo game. No other game gives you what Halo does. The only thing that affects Halo’s population is Halo. If we’re not getting what we want we might play something else but our hearts are not in it. We come back hoping something changed, see that it probably didn’t, then leave again. We all hope Halo 5 will be better.

We, all of us, hope that Halo 5 will be better.

> and Halo 3 becomes free to all gold users on Oct 16th.

Halo 3’s multiplayer isn’t doing so hot now, and I don’t think handing out free copies will change much.

Because if you don’t already own the game, you aren’t likely to be terribly interested in it in the first place. So why would you dedicatedly play its multiplayer?

> > I will still be playing HALO 4 until HALO 5 comes out…
>
> As will I.

As will I, other games are fun and all, but the “current” Halo is what I play the most.

> I might be wrong, but I believe Assassins Creed and Batman are single player games.

Terribly incorrect. Assassin’s Creed has had multiplayer since Brotherhood and Arkham Origins is finally experimenting with it.

There is a lot of confusion on these boards over daily peak vs. total unique players. I posted a mathematical model that gives you an estimate for daily total based on peak:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2713028_Daily-Halo-4-Population-Thread.aspx#post2713028

Right now my best estimate is that H4 has about 100-150K per day total population.

Use the population thread please.