October Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Hey everyone this is my first time doing this and not really sure how to start this off but i am gonna do my best. So the reason i started this is to help spread awareness in my own way football has the this time where they wear pink shoes, gloves, and ect. me i decided to make my spartan pink and change my tag to BCA(Breast Cancer Awareness) I did this last year as well if you ran into me you saw my spartan. well i just hope to get this started to help spread the word and try to do something so please join in and show you care change your spartan pink and show you care like that little bracelet says i love -Yoink!-!

As difficult as that was to read, I may do this.

I understand the symbolism, but for the sake of legibility could you not make an entire post in pink?

I would do it if I still played Reach, but it’s lost its appeal to me :[

> Hey everyone this is my first time doing this and not really sure how to start this off but i am gonna do my best. So the reason i started this is to help spread awareness in my own way football has the this time where they wear pink shoes, gloves, and ect. me i decided to make my spartan pink and change my tag to BCA(Breast Cancer Awareness) I did this last year as well if you ran into me you saw my spartan. well i just hope to get this started to help spread the word and try to do something so please join in and show you care change your spartan pink and show you care like that little bracelet says i love -Yoink!-!

For that awkward moment when you realize that the color pink was once considered to be masculine.

Ok, I have screwed up eyes and that stuff just gives me a headache.

I was going to run a tournament in October, but I might just go and change the name of it now for Breast Cancer, check it out for sign ups!

https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst115875_FFA-Tourney---Win-Halo-4-and-Map-Pass-and-LE-gear.aspx

> As difficult as that was to read, I may do this.

Indeed. I was think about that after watching football.

> As difficult as that was to read, I may do this.

Click, hold, and drag your mouse over what she wrote and you’ll be able to read better.

Say I change my armor to pink… what will that actually achieve? Nothing. Cancer won’t magically get cured.

This is called “slacktivism”; you kid yourself you’re “raising awareness” but actually not helping fight cancer in any way at all. In fact it detracts from genuine cancer charities and fundraising, because people change their Facebook status or repost a message and assume they’ve “done their bit”.

If you want to fight breast cancer, donate to a reputable charity. Changing your armor pink achieves nothing.

> Say I change my armor to pink… what will that actually achieve? Nothing. Cancer won’t magically get cured.
>
> This is called “slacktivism”; you kid yourself you’re “raising awareness” but actually not helping fight cancer in any way at all. In fact it detracts from genuine cancer charities and fundraising, because people change their Facebook status or repost a message and assume they’ve “done their bit”.
>
> If you want to fight breast cancer, donate to a reputable charity. Changing your armor pink achieves nothing.

I donated my paycheck last week to nbca with a few friends. I did my part, so now when I get home from work i’m going to change my Spartans color.

As for you saying it does nothing, I think it actually does help get the word out, if you’re paying with even just friends and someone says something and you explain maybe they may change their color. If you’re lucky more will ask, more may change there color and know its bca month. Then maybe they might see a jar for breast cancer and throw a dollar in it.

Long winded but yes changing your color can help, no such thing as bad awareness.

Also my grandmother had breast cancer. That pink bracelet I had on my cars mirror didn’t do -Yoink- to help her, but I kept it there until I sold that car.

> > Say I change my armor to pink… what will that actually achieve? Nothing. Cancer won’t magically get cured.
> >
> > This is called “slacktivism”; you kid yourself you’re “raising awareness” but actually not helping fight cancer in any way at all. In fact it detracts from genuine cancer charities and fundraising, because people change their Facebook status or repost a message and assume they’ve “done their bit”.
> >
> > If you want to fight breast cancer, donate to a reputable charity. Changing your armor pink achieves nothing.
>
> I donated my paycheck last week to nbca with a few friends. I did my part, so now when I get home from work i’m going to change my Spartans color.
>
> As for you saying it does nothing, I think it actually does help get the word out, if you’re paying with even just friends and someone says something and you explain maybe they may change their color. If you’re lucky more will ask, more may change there color and know its bca month. Then maybe they might see a jar for breast cancer and throw a dollar in it.
>
> Long winded but yes changing your color can help, no such thing as bad awareness.
>
> Also my grandmother had breast cancer. That pink bracelet I had on my cars mirror didn’t do -Yoink!- to help her, but I kept it there until I sold that car.

A pink Spartan in Halo Reach. Must be a new thing.

Also, wrong forum.

Done, just gotta wait for waypoint to update the spartan model in my stats pages to show it to you guys.

> Say I change my armor to pink… what will that actually achieve? Nothing. Cancer won’t magically get cured.
>
> This is called “slacktivism”; you kid yourself you’re “raising awareness” but actually not helping fight cancer in any way at all. In fact it detracts from genuine cancer charities and fundraising, because people change their Facebook status or repost a message and assume they’ve “done their bit”.
>
> If you want to fight breast cancer, donate to a reputable charity. Changing your armor pink achieves nothing.

Way to be a jerk to those who lost loved ones to breast cancer.

I made my spartan in Reach pink to honor those who fought against breast cancer whether they won or lost. Sure it doesn’t help but some people don’t have the money to donate so they honor those who fought against cancer anyway they can.

I hope you come to your senses and not ranting about this, at least changing my spartan’s armor to pink shows that I care and I recently lost a good friend to cancer. It may not have been breast cancer but it was still cancer.

> > Say I change my armor to pink… what will that actually achieve? Nothing. Cancer won’t magically get cured.
> >
> > This is called “slacktivism”; you kid yourself you’re “raising awareness” but actually not helping fight cancer in any way at all. In fact it detracts from genuine cancer charities and fundraising, because people change their Facebook status or repost a message and assume they’ve “done their bit”.
> >
> > If you want to fight breast cancer, donate to a reputable charity. Changing your armor pink achieves nothing.
>
> Way to be a jerk to those who lost loved ones to breast cancer.
>
> I made my spartan in Reach pink to honor those who fought against breast cancer whether they won or lost. Sure it doesn’t help but some people don’t have the money to donate so they honor those who fought against cancer anyway they can.
>
> I hope you come to your senses and not ranting about this, at least changing my spartan’s armor to pink shows that I care and I recently lost a good friend to cancer. It may not have been breast cancer but it was still cancer.

And yet nothing you said related to Halo Reach whatsoever.

Do what you can. It’s nice of you. But in the General Discussion forum.

> > > Say I change my armor to pink… what will that actually achieve? Nothing. Cancer won’t magically get cured.
> > >
> > > This is called “slacktivism”; you kid yourself you’re “raising awareness” but actually not helping fight cancer in any way at all. In fact it detracts from genuine cancer charities and fundraising, because people change their Facebook status or repost a message and assume they’ve “done their bit”.
> > >
> > > If you want to fight breast cancer, donate to a reputable charity. Changing your armor pink achieves nothing.
> >
> > Way to be a jerk to those who lost loved ones to breast cancer.
> >
> > I made my spartan in Reach pink to honor those who fought against breast cancer whether they won or lost. Sure it doesn’t help but some people don’t have the money to donate so they honor those who fought against cancer anyway they can.
> >
> > I hope you come to your senses and not ranting about this, at least changing my spartan’s armor to pink shows that I care and I recently lost a good friend to cancer. It may not have been breast cancer but it was still cancer.
>
> And yet nothing you said related to Halo Reach whatsoever.
>
> Do what you can. It’s nice of you. But in the General Discussion forum.

I said I made my Reach spartan pink right?

Guess what, that is somewhat Reach related.

> > > > Say I change my armor to pink… what will that actually achieve? Nothing. Cancer won’t magically get cured.
> > > >
> > > > This is called “slacktivism”; you kid yourself you’re “raising awareness” but actually not helping fight cancer in any way at all. In fact it detracts from genuine cancer charities and fundraising, because people change their Facebook status or repost a message and assume they’ve “done their bit”.
> > > >
> > > > If you want to fight breast cancer, donate to a reputable charity. Changing your armor pink achieves nothing.
> > >
> > > Way to be a jerk to those who lost loved ones to breast cancer.
> > >
> > > I made my spartan in Reach pink to honor those who fought against breast cancer whether they won or lost. Sure it doesn’t help but some people don’t have the money to donate so they honor those who fought against cancer anyway they can.
> > >
> > > I hope you come to your senses and not ranting about this, at least changing my spartan’s armor to pink shows that I care and I recently lost a good friend to cancer. It may not have been breast cancer but it was still cancer.
> >
> > And yet nothing you said related to Halo Reach whatsoever.
> >
> > Do what you can. It’s nice of you. But in the General Discussion forum.
>
> <mark>I said I made my Reach spartan pink right?</mark>
>
> Guess what, that is somewhat Reach related.

So did about 30,000 guys.

Again, just because you changed your colour to pink, does not make it related to the game. The topic itself should be moved into General Discussion.

I don’t like pink…but…I guess I will do it if 343 tells me to. I’LL MAKE MY SANGHEILI CHARACTER IN REACH PINK AND WHITE!! This Guy made a Pink Elite for H3 BCA! owo Have a look!

> I don’t like pink…but…I guess I will do it if 343 tells me to. I’LL MAKE MY SANGHEILI CHARACTER IN REACH PINK AND WHITE!! This Guy made a Pink Elite for H3 BCA! owo Have a look!

I was thinking about that but add it as a secondary color. However, Im sticking to my Teal first.

Sorry about the pink font didn’t really think that would be a problem and i am a guy i have put in donations and when i get my next paycheck I will be donating again