Obtaining Phaeton Reqs

I’ve been working to complete all my commendations and the last “vehicle kills” comm I need is Phaeton Gunner, and I only need 30 more kills! Unfortunately I have hit an absolute wall trying to obtain even one more Phaeton or just a req 7 random vehicle which could at least give me the chance of spawning with one.

Since I started counting I have purchased well over 50 gold packs now without a single phaeton being retrieved. I am curious if gold packs are the best route to go, or do phaeton’s occur with the same odds with Silver and bronze packs in which I could theoretically purchase more of at a lower Req price? I have all permanent unlocks at this point so I don’t know if that changes anything but from what I have read so far it seems to be mostly RNG based.

I’m also curious if there are any phaetons in arena? I have never witnessed one except for maybe 2-3 years ago vaguely in my memory, but since returning to H5 no luck. I don’t play all that much BTB though which is probably where they would be, I got maybe 20 rounds in since returning but still haven’t encountered one there either however.

> 2533274841519598;1:
> I’ve been working to complete all my commendations and the last “vehicle kills” comm I need is Phaeton Gunner, and I only need 30 more kills! Unfortunately I have hit an absolute wall trying to obtain even one more Phaeton or just a req 7 random vehicle which could at least give me the chance of spawning with one.
>
> Since I started counting I have purchased well over 50 gold packs now without a single phaeton being retrieved. I am curious if gold packs are the best route to go, or do phaeton’s occur with the same odds with Silver and bronze packs in which I could theoretically purchase more of at a lower Req price? I have all permanent unlocks at this point so I don’t know if that changes anything but from what I have read so far it seems to be mostly RNG based.
>
> I’m also curious if there are any phaetons in arena? I have never witnessed one except for maybe 2-3 years ago vaguely in my memory, but since returning to H5 no luck. I don’t play all that much BTB though which is probably where they would be, I got maybe 20 rounds in since returning but still haven’t encountered one there either however.

Phaetons are super rare to get. You’ll only be able to get them through gold packs & maybe platinums whenever they return. The level 7 random vehicle is another chance but once again, quite rare.

I don’t think they’re available on any Arena or BTB maps either.

There is one map in arena that the phaeton is on, and for the life of me I can’t remember the name of it, someone will help me out with that I’m sure. But even then, you literally have to fight everyone else on the map (including your own team) to get to it. Even then, if you do make it to the phaeton and manage to get it, you have to get kills with it now. I tried that route once… took me 4 phaetons to get just one kill. Now granted, I’m a pretty bad player… but… even if I pulled a req, it didn’t last long in firefight either. And while it’s not the last one I need, I don’t have a problem finishing the other three vehicle comms (except for wasp kills). My problem will be having enough phaetons. I have an abundance of RP… so I spent 700k last weekend trying to get phaetons… out of that 700k I spent on gold packs, I only got 6 phaetons. 2 helios and 4 regular phaetons. Not sure if it’s a glitch in the matrix, or if 343 wanted it to be that hard to get phaetons… but it’s definitely annoying, and makes it that much harder and stressful to try and finish comms…

> 2542657289641224;3:
> There is one map in arena that the phaeton is on, and for the life of me I can’t remember the name of it, someone will help me out with that I’m sure. But even then, you literally have to fight everyone else on the map (including your own team) to get to it. Even then, if you do make it to the phaeton and manage to get it, you have to get kills with it now. I tried that route once… took me 4 phaetons to get just one kill. Now granted, I’m a pretty bad player… but… even if I pulled a req, it didn’t last long in firefight either. And while it’s not the last one I need, I don’t have a problem finishing the other three vehicle comms (except for wasp kills). My problem will be having enough phaetons. I have an abundance of RP… so I spent 700k last weekend trying to get phaetons… out of that 700k I spent on gold packs, I only got 6 phaetons. 2 helios and 4 regular phaetons. Not sure if it’s a glitch in the matrix, or if 343 wanted it to be that hard to get phaetons… but it’s definitely annoying, and makes it that much harder and stressful to try and finish comms…

I believe it is Hinterlands :slight_smile:

> 2542657289641224;3:
> There is one map in arena that the phaeton is on, and for the life of me I can’t remember the name of it, someone will help me out with that I’m sure. But even then, you literally have to fight everyone else on the map (including your own team) to get to it. Even then, if you do make it to the phaeton and manage to get it, you have to get kills with it now. I tried that route once… took me 4 phaetons to get just one kill. Now granted, I’m a pretty bad player… but… even if I pulled a req, it didn’t last long in firefight either. And while it’s not the last one I need, I don’t have a problem finishing the other three vehicle comms (except for wasp kills). My problem will be having enough phaetons. I have an abundance of RP… so I spent 700k last weekend trying to get phaetons… out of that 700k I spent on gold packs, I only got 6 phaetons. 2 helios and 4 regular phaetons. Not sure if it’s a glitch in the matrix, or if 343 wanted it to be that hard to get phaetons… but it’s definitely annoying, and makes it that much harder and stressful to try and finish comms…

no not a glitch very hard to get,just like norfang sniper rifle.i got more phaeton than nornfang.100 gold 50 silver 17 bronze.finally got one through daily req

Yeah Gold packs are as good as you have right now. Just keep plugging away

Unfortunately, this req card is relatively rare which means that it will need to spend a large quantity of req points in order to obtain enough Phaetons to complete the Phaeton Gunner commendation.

Based on data that I collected from 141 gold packs, I managed to get a total of only 2 Phaetons and 2 Phaeton Helios. This means that you will need to spend approximately 90,000 req points per Phaeton if we assume that you sell everything with the exception of the Phaetons.

> 2533274824050480;4:
> > 2542657289641224;3:
> > There is one map in arena that the phaeton is on, and for the life of me I can’t remember the name of it, someone will help me out with that I’m sure. But even then, you literally have to fight everyone else on the map (including your own team) to get to it. Even then, if you do make it to the phaeton and manage to get it, you have to get kills with it now. I tried that route once… took me 4 phaetons to get just one kill. Now granted, I’m a pretty bad player… but… even if I pulled a req, it didn’t last long in firefight either. And while it’s not the last one I need, I don’t have a problem finishing the other three vehicle comms (except for wasp kills). My problem will be having enough phaetons. I have an abundance of RP… so I spent 700k last weekend trying to get phaetons… out of that 700k I spent on gold packs, I only got 6 phaetons. 2 helios and 4 regular phaetons. Not sure if it’s a glitch in the matrix, or if 343 wanted it to be that hard to get phaetons… but it’s definitely annoying, and makes it that much harder and stressful to try and finish comms…
>
> I believe it is Hinterlands :slight_smile:

Hey, I can work with this as I am a decent enough player that I can make this happen with patience and persistence, anything other than relying on pure luck from the Req packs. Thanks for the heads up!

All in all the general response of “it is what it is” is as heartbreaking as it is expected though. Such a shame that the microtransaction and lootbox system was greenlit however, just another example of how it affects literally every aspect of gameplay; can’t wait for infinite to fix this mistake.

> 2535469120778295;7:
> Unfortunately, this req card is relatively rare which means that it will need to spend a large quantity of req points in order to obtain enough Phaetons to complete the Phaeton Gunner commendation.
>
> Based on data that I collected from 141 gold packs, I managed to get a total of only 2 Phaetons and 2 Phaeton Helios. This means that you will need to spend approximately 90,000 req points per Phaeton if we assume that you sell everything with the exception of the Phaetons.

This also gives me some hope, It sounds like i am just drawing the short stick in the lottery at the moment, I have spent close to 750k Req points without a single Phaeton or Rare random vehicle, but the law of large numbers means that should theoretically even out at some point, right?

I find that 1/3 phaetons I spawn I can get a good spree of 15+ going (the other two are blown out of the sky by the first couple kills), so it should only take me 6-10 phaetons to get there, another million reqs will be easy to obtain by 152 especially now that each pack gives me 60%+ back.

Still should this is a bit ridiculous and a tad game breaking imo, the Phaeton is awesome and a great vehicle with a decent learning curve, its a shame that its implementation is so limited in H5.

> 2533274841519598;8:
> > 2533274824050480;4:
> > > 2542657289641224;3:
> > > There is one map in arena that the phaeton is on, and for the life of me I can’t remember the name of it, someone will help me out with that I’m sure. But even then, you literally have to fight everyone else on the map (including your own team) to get to it. Even then, if you do make it to the phaeton and manage to get it, you have to get kills with it now. I tried that route once… took me 4 phaetons to get just one kill. Now granted, I’m a pretty bad player… but… even if I pulled a req, it didn’t last long in firefight either. And while it’s not the last one I need, I don’t have a problem finishing the other three vehicle comms (except for wasp kills). My problem will be having enough phaetons. I have an abundance of RP… so I spent 700k last weekend trying to get phaetons… out of that 700k I spent on gold packs, I only got 6 phaetons. 2 helios and 4 regular phaetons. Not sure if it’s a glitch in the matrix, or if 343 wanted it to be that hard to get phaetons… but it’s definitely annoying, and makes it that much harder and stressful to try and finish comms…
> >
> > I believe it is Hinterlands :slight_smile:
>
> Hey, I can work with this as I am a decent enough player that I can make this happen with patience and persistence, anything other than relying on pure luck from the Req packs. Thanks for the heads up!
>
> All in all the general response of “it is what it is” is as heartbreaking as it is expected though. Such a shame that the microtransaction and lootbox system was greenlit however, just another example of how it affects literally every aspect of gameplay; can’t wait for infinite to fix this mistake.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535469120778295;7:
> > Unfortunately, this req card is relatively rare which means that it will need to spend a large quantity of req points in order to obtain enough Phaetons to complete the Phaeton Gunner commendation.
> >
> > Based on data that I collected from 141 gold packs, I managed to get a total of only 2 Phaetons and 2 Phaeton Helios. This means that you will need to spend approximately 90,000 req points per Phaeton if we assume that you sell everything with the exception of the Phaetons.
>
> This also gives me some hope, It sounds like i am just drawing the short stick in the lottery at the moment, I have spent close to 750k Req points without a single Phaeton or Rare random vehicle, but the law of large numbers means that should theoretically even out at some point, right?
>
> I find that 1/3 phaetons I spawn I can get a good spree of 15+ going (the other two are blown out of the sky by the first couple kills), so it should only take me 6-10 phaetons to get there, another million reqs will be easy to obtain by 152 especially now that each pack gives me 60%+ back.
>
> Still should this is a bit ridiculous and a tad game breaking imo, the Phaeton is awesome and a great vehicle with a decent learning curve, its a shame that its implementation is so limited in H5.

The REQ system is what made WZ just an average mode compared to the masterpiece it could have been without that junk. Try using your Phaetons when WZ Turbo comes around. It sounds like it wouldn’t work, but it makes it much easier when you can readily pull out a Phaeton against a bad team. Plus, the long wait won’t test your patience as much.

> The REQ system is what made WZ just an average mode compared to the masterpiece it could have been without that junk. Try using your Phaetons when WZ Turbo comes around. It sounds like it wouldn’t work, but it makes it much easier when you can readily pull out a Phaeton against a bad team. Plus, the long wait won’t test your patience as much

Yea I totally agree, such a shame.

Marvelous idea btw, I will definitely stock up (assuming they eventually start showing up lol), and will definitely plan on waiting for Turbo to test that strat.

> 2533274841519598;8:
> > 2533274824050480;4:
> > > 2542657289641224;3:
> > > There is one map in arena that the phaeton is on, and for the life of me I can’t remember the name of it, someone will help me out with that I’m sure. But even then, you literally have to fight everyone else on the map (including your own team) to get to it. Even then, if you do make it to the phaeton and manage to get it, you have to get kills with it now. I tried that route once… took me 4 phaetons to get just one kill. Now granted, I’m a pretty bad player… but… even if I pulled a req, it didn’t last long in firefight either. And while it’s not the last one I need, I don’t have a problem finishing the other three vehicle comms (except for wasp kills). My problem will be having enough phaetons. I have an abundance of RP… so I spent 700k last weekend trying to get phaetons… out of that 700k I spent on gold packs, I only got 6 phaetons. 2 helios and 4 regular phaetons. Not sure if it’s a glitch in the matrix, or if 343 wanted it to be that hard to get phaetons… but it’s definitely annoying, and makes it that much harder and stressful to try and finish comms…
> >
> > I believe it is Hinterlands :slight_smile:
>
> Hey, I can work with this as I am a decent enough player that I can make this happen with patience and persistence, anything other than relying on pure luck from the Req packs. Thanks for the heads up!
>
> All in all the general response of “it is what it is” is as heartbreaking as it is expected though. Such a shame that the microtransaction and lootbox system was greenlit however, just another example of how it affects literally every aspect of gameplay; can’t wait for infinite to fix this mistake.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535469120778295;7:
> > Unfortunately, this req card is relatively rare which means that it will need to spend a large quantity of req points in order to obtain enough Phaetons to complete the Phaeton Gunner commendation.
> >
> > Based on data that I collected from 141 gold packs, I managed to get a total of only 2 Phaetons and 2 Phaeton Helios. This means that you will need to spend approximately 90,000 req points per Phaeton if we assume that you sell everything with the exception of the Phaetons.
>
> This also gives me some hope, It sounds like i am just drawing the short stick in the lottery at the moment, I have spent close to 750k Req points without a single Phaeton or Rare random vehicle, but the law of large numbers means that should theoretically even out at some point, right?
>
> I find that 1/3 phaetons I spawn I can get a good spree of 15+ going (the other two are blown out of the sky by the first couple kills), so it should only take me 6-10 phaetons to get there, another million reqs will be easy to obtain by 152 especially now that each pack gives me 60%+ back.
>
> Still should this is a bit ridiculous and a tad game breaking imo, the Phaeton is awesome and a great vehicle with a decent learning curve, its a shame that its implementation is so limited in H5.

Unfortunately, the numbers of Phaetons collected are extremely small which means that this number is far from reliable. However, it do definitely show that the Phaetons are way too rare.

If you want phaetons then just sell all common and unused reqs.If you have quite a few then you will get around 12000. You can only get phaeton certifications from gold req packs but if you just want 1 single use card, stockpile up daily win/login packs.I got an armour with a phaeton in one.

> 2535469655380581;12:
> If you want phaetons then just sell all common and unused reqs.If you have quite a few then you will get around 12000. You can only get phaeton certifications from gold req packs but if you just want 1 single use card, stockpile up daily win/login packs.I got an armour with a phaeton in one.

Yea, I’m selling almost every req I get plus the 6000 RP return with each gold pack I can get gold packs for effectively 70-80% of the price. That being said Phaetons are so rare that it hardly makes a difference. I am approaching spending nearly 1,000,000 RP on gold packs without a single phaeton turning up yet, so 12,000 would only make a 1% difference in what Ive already done.

> 2533274841519598;13:
> > 2535469655380581;12:
> > If you want phaetons then just sell all common and unused reqs.If you have quite a few then you will get around 12000. You can only get phaeton certifications from gold req packs but if you just want 1 single use card, stockpile up daily win/login packs.I got an armour with a phaeton in one.
>
> Yea, I’m selling almost every req I get plus the 6000 RP return with each gold pack I can get gold packs for effectively 70-80% of the price. That being said Phaetons are so rare that it hardly makes a difference. I am approaching spending nearly 1,000,000 RP on gold packs without a single phaeton turning up yet, so 12,000 would only make a 1% difference in what Ive already done.

Keep opening gold packs-you will get a certification eventually-use the bronze/silver/gold method.

> 2535469655380581;14:
> > 2533274841519598;13:
> > > 2535469655380581;12:
> > > If you want phaetons then just sell all common and unused reqs.If you have quite a few then you will get around 12000. You can only get phaeton certifications from gold req packs but if you just want 1 single use card, stockpile up daily win/login packs.I got an armour with a phaeton in one.
> >
> > Yea, I’m selling almost every req I get plus the 6000 RP return with each gold pack I can get gold packs for effectively 70-80% of the price. That being said Phaetons are so rare that it hardly makes a difference. I am approaching spending nearly 1,000,000 RP on gold packs without a single phaeton turning up yet, so 12,000 would only make a 1% difference in what Ive already done.
>
> Keep opening gold packs-you will get a certification eventually-use the bronze/silver/gold method.

Oh yea I already got those 2 (or 6 i guess) and with them I was able to get 4/5 of the way done with phaeton Gunner, now I only need the last 30 kills of the 5th level!

unfortunately I have no idea how long it will take. I’ve already maxed out the armory as far as I can until I get achilles or the classic helmet pack comes back so all I have left is to get to 152 and wrap up the comms and I am really hoping it doesnt have to be done in that order.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> > 2533274841519598;1:
> > I’ve been working to complete all my commendations and the last “vehicle kills” comm I need is Phaeton Gunner, and I only need 30 more kills! Unfortunately I have hit an absolute wall trying to obtain even one more Phaeton or just a req 7 random vehicle which could at least give me the chance of spawning with one.
> >
> > Since I started counting I have purchased well over 50 gold packs now without a single phaeton being retrieved. I am curious if gold packs are the best route to go, or do phaeton’s occur with the same odds with Silver and bronze packs in which I could theoretically purchase more of at a lower Req price? I have all permanent unlocks at this point so I don’t know if that changes anything but from what I have read so far it seems to be mostly RNG based.
> >
> > I’m also curious if there are any phaetons in arena? I have never witnessed one except for maybe 2-3 years ago vaguely in my memory, but since returning to H5 no luck. I don’t play all that much BTB though which is probably where they would be, I got maybe 20 rounds in since returning but still haven’t encountered one there either however.
>
> Phaetons are super rare to get. You’ll only be able to get them through gold packs & maybe platinums whenever they return. The level 7 random vehicle is another chance but once again, quite rare.
>
> I don’t think they’re available on any Arena or BTB maps either.

I got a Phaeton from a daily login pack today so I know they can come from those as well, but OP here would need to be really lucky for that to happen.

> 2535464973532785;16:
> > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > 2533274841519598;1:
> > > I’ve been working to complete all my commendations and the last “vehicle kills” comm I need is Phaeton Gunner, and I only need 30 more kills! Unfortunately I have hit an absolute wall trying to obtain even one more Phaeton or just a req 7 random vehicle which could at least give me the chance of spawning with one.
> > >
> > > Since I started counting I have purchased well over 50 gold packs now without a single phaeton being retrieved. I am curious if gold packs are the best route to go, or do phaeton’s occur with the same odds with Silver and bronze packs in which I could theoretically purchase more of at a lower Req price? I have all permanent unlocks at this point so I don’t know if that changes anything but from what I have read so far it seems to be mostly RNG based.
> > >
> > > I’m also curious if there are any phaetons in arena? I have never witnessed one except for maybe 2-3 years ago vaguely in my memory, but since returning to H5 no luck. I don’t play all that much BTB though which is probably where they would be, I got maybe 20 rounds in since returning but still haven’t encountered one there either however.
> >
> > Phaetons are super rare to get. You’ll only be able to get them through gold packs & maybe platinums whenever they return. The level 7 random vehicle is another chance but once again, quite rare.
> >
> > I don’t think they’re available on any Arena or BTB maps either.
>
> I got a Phaeton from a daily login pack today so I know they can come from those as well, but OP here would need to be really lucky for that to happen.

Oh wow, yea I am super jealous but good to know it’s technically a possibility! I’ll keep grinding logins, and WZ/Arena/FF wins for those extra packs, and I have a few final comms to get gold packs from as well. I’ll use all those up thenI’ll get to 1 mill RP and just go on a purchase spree. Hopefully I’ll get a handful of Phaetons in that time and when Warzone Assault comes up (great for knowing where spartans are going I find) I’ll load em up and try to get that final comm.

I am also hoping I can Plasma Pistol one on turbo and steal the ride for a free few kills but haven’t quite managed to pull it off yet.

I have never touched a phaeton again, honestly in the golden packs it is found

After spending almost 1 mill RP on gold this month, I finally got enough to be able to finish my phaeton kills. I agree with what someone early said, I was a little skeptical trying to farm them in turbo… figured I’d get destroyed almost instantly. But that’s where it’s at… I was pulling in at least 10-20 per match and went from the start of tier 3 to finishing tier 5 in one day of matchmaking. But I still agree where harder to find than they need to be. You’d think it would just take someone 5 minutes to fix the code somewhere in the game… and that it wouldn’t require an act of congress to get it fixed… but, here we are… best of luck to those still needing them. I’m off to what few comms I have left…

As an update, it took me the purchase of nearly 250 gold packs before I got my first phaeton, after that I go two more within the next 60 I purchased. With those 3, I was able to achieve 32 kills and I finally have completed the commendation! now I just need to destroy 20 more Warthogs and 60 more Mongooses (hardly ever used by other players, so kind of stuck there.) Shouldn’t be too bad from here on out :slight_smile:

Way too rare however. This means for people not absolutely obsessed with the game one of the coolest vehicles is essentially unobtainable