Observations from E3, Campaign Co-op Questions

These are some observations and questions that have popped into my head over the week and perhaps someone has more information on the subject. Pretty much everything here is campaign related.

First up, while watching the campaign demo footage, I noticed several (unique?) armor abilities (not spartan abilities) among Osiris. My first question is this: “In a Co op game, will player 2 get to choose which Spartan they get to play as? or is it preset like H3’s MC, Arbiter, Elite 2, Elite 3 setup?”

Locke has a battlefield scanning suite to locate items (Chief’s AR and the plasma casters) and the ability to set waypoints/command his team. My questions that rise here are “Is the battlefield scan a preset trigger when the player reaches point A, or can the player activate it whenever they choose to?” and “How will commanding the team translate into Co op?” In a 2-3 player game, will Player Locke command the remaining AI Spartans?"

Vale is ordered to keep an ear on comms. Is this an ability that will play a role in-game/a task that the player playing Vale will have to perform constantly and update the other players? (I wouldn’t mind that level of immersion). Vale also scans the AR and detects that it is Chief’s. (Could their be player specific objectives? Only Vale can press RB to scan AR before the game can advance. Hope Vale’s player is competent!) Plus, Vale can speak many Covenant dialects. Will we hear her speaking these languages in-game? I’d love to hear a human speak Sangheili or…heh heh…Grunt.

Tanaka is shown using a regen-field ability to recharge Vale. Will this ability be available to the player, effectively making that player the team medic? Because, that would be pretty awesome, and allow for more difficult encounters. (Aw crap where’s that medic!?! This grunt’s gonna kill me!!)

Now my questions move to the Prometheans. Are the new “Solders” replacing the “Knights” or are Soldiers filling a new class as a medium-power enemy with Knights taking on a less-seen but still extremely powerful role more akin to hunters/zealots? Crawlers are there, but will watchers return?

Also, I’m sure there was a lot of scripting involved, but fire team Osiris seems fairly competent for ally AI. Hopefully this means the AI has gotten some improvements. Any thoughts on these matters? Or additional observations?

most of your questions were answered in the newest game informer article as well as a few posts by 343 employees on various websites but I’ll give you a quick rundown.

-in co-op, player 1 must play as Locke/Chief, but the remaining players get to choose their character.
-unknown if the artimis is always available or context-based but I am leaning towards always available.
-in co-op, only player 1 can issue commands. It shows up as a waypoint on other players HUDs, and the remaining AI will follow the order.
-all members of Locke’s team have the artimis so all members can scan an object, not just Vale.
-it sounds like when Locke tells her to keep an ear on COMs, it is simply a scripted dialogue line, not an actual command from the player.
-all members of the squad can use the revive ability on downed teammates.
-soldiers are not replacing knights completely, knights are most likely used in a heavy infantry role like hunters.
-watchers were shown in some Warzone gameplay.
-the man behind Star Wars Republic Commando is the creative director for Halo 5’s campaign. If the squad AI is at all similar to that, it will be excellent.-

sweet thanks. I was certain there was info out there!

> 2533274796974117;2:
> most of your questions were answered in the newest game informer article as well as a few posts by 343 employees on various websites but I’ll give you a quick rundown.
>
> -in co-op, player 1 must play as Locke/Chief, but the remaining players get to choose their character.
> -unknown if the artimis is always available or context-based but I am leaning towards always available.
> -in co-op, only player 1 can issue commands. It shows up as a waypoint on other players HUDs, and the remaining AI will follow the order.
> -all members of Locke’s team have the artimis so all members can scan an object, not just Vale.
> -it sounds like when Locke tells her to keep on ear on Coms, it is simply a scripted dialogue line, not am actual command from the player.
> -all members of the squad can use the revive ability on downes teammates.
> -soldiers are not replacing knights.
> -the man behind Star Wars Republic Commando is the creative director for Halo 5’s campaign. If the squad AI is at all similar to that, it will be excellent.

Awwww you beat me to it