Observations about Dev/Community disconnect

I think the disconnect between players and the Dev group comes from the marketing of the game…
The messages to the players from some of the devs went mostly unread by the community, I read them and perhaps that’s why I’m not a disappointed as it seems many are.

The team wanted people to feel like heros, they said it several times infact… They wanted us to feel like we were accomplishing something truly challenging and ‘legendary’…
The music score, cut scenes, and fights and bosses were all geared towards that goal.

I read thoes dev messages before I played the game…
So, I loaded the game, set to legendary on my first playthrough and set out to be a hero and conquer the challenges laid out before me.
It felt so damn good beating the bosses, solving the mechanics problems and finally defeating the enemies and finishing the fight.
No youtube, no forums for help… just me as Master Chief, on a planet I have never seen or played before… a true experience of the game…
I can tell you, that was an amazing experience that will never be replicated again.

I wish the devs would have stressed the importance of assuming the role of Chief, legendary first playthrough and becoming that hero… it would have set the expectations more focused and intently on the purpose of the game.
It’s still a 1% club of legendary champions…
I don’t think the criticism it 100% fair.
Most people have just never put thier skills to the ultimate test and Never Quit… Never Give Up… Never Cheat… Never Stop Trying To Win…

I hope the devs can address this…

I digress…