Number of levels in Halo 4?

I really hope the campaign is quite long. Since it will come out on 2 discs, one disc should be completely devoted to campaign. I’m thinking that it should be longer then halo 3 but not too much longer. Perhaps 14 or 15 missions. Thoughts?

> I really hope the campaign is quite long. Since it will come out on 2 discs, one disc should be completely devoted to campaign. I’m thinking that it should be longer then halo 3 but not too much longer. Perhaps 14 or 15 missions. Thoughts?

Theres only 8 missions, and the second disk is for the 90 minute FuD exclusive video and the soundtrack

8 missons, but we think that they will be long, each mission.

An earlier bulletin revealed 8 missions for the Main campaign.

Spartan Ops will have 50 missions, lasting 15-20 minutes depending on the difficulty.

> > I really hope the campaign is quite long. Since it will come out on 2 discs, one disc should be completely devoted to campaign. I’m thinking that it should be longer then halo 3 but not too much longer. Perhaps 14 or 15 missions. Thoughts?
>
> Theres only 8 missions, and the second disk is for the 90 minute FuD exclusive video and the soundtrack

Not necessarily it still could be two discs, the reason why is because of spartan ops being tied into the multiplayer section. Also I heard that multiplayer will require 8gbs to be able to play it so I’d expect two discs regardless.

> > I really hope the campaign is quite long. Since it will come out on 2 discs, one disc should be completely devoted to campaign. I’m thinking that it should be longer then halo 3 but not too much longer. Perhaps 14 or 15 missions. Thoughts?
>
> Theres only 8 missions, and the second disk is for the 90 minute FuD exclusive video and the soundtrack

I thought the FuD video was for LE only, and also that it was only streamed on Waypoint; not on a disc. Did that change?

Aww. Well 8 missions doesn’t seem too long. :frowning: Halo 2 is considered short, and it has 12. (i think)

> Aww. Well 8 missions doesn’t seem too long. :frowning: Halo 2 is considered short, and it has 12. (i think)

I’m hoping that each mission will take around 2-3 hours to clear, so that the campaign could last around 16-24 hours. That would be a perfect lenght for me.

Eight confirmed missions so far, we don’t know much more. But those eight missions could be really long. Halo Reach only has eight missions.

Plus, I heard somewhere, probably like a year ago, that this’d be the longest Halo campaign yet.

> Eight confirmed missions so far, we don’t know much more. But those eight missions could be really long. Halo Reach only has eight missions.
>
> Plus, I heard somewhere, probably like a year ago, that this’d be the longest Halo campaign yet.

9-10 actually. nothing important, just correcting stuff, bored to death.

>

This hasn’t been confirmed. Quit spreading false information.

Guess what? Frankie said it will be an 8 missioned halo sized campaign plus season 1 spartan ops free which frankie also said is going to be as long or longer then H3 ODST depending on the difficulty… HAVE A GREAT DAY!

(59 days to H4!!!)

> > Eight confirmed missions so far, we don’t know much more. But those eight missions could be really long. Halo Reach only has eight missions.
> >
> > Plus, I heard somewhere, probably like a year ago, that this’d be the longest Halo campaign yet.
>
> 9-10 actually. nothing important, just correcting stuff, bored to death.

Reach had a cutscene as a mission, I didn’t count that.
I didn’t count that ‘Lone Wolf’ hustle of a mission either.

∴ there’re only eight missions in Reach.

8 missions plus Spartan Op’s first season is longer then the entire ODST campaign… I think I’m good with 8 missions for the main one. Don’t want toooo many surprises given away for future Halo games.

> > > Eight confirmed missions so far, we don’t know much more. But those eight missions could be really long. Halo Reach only has eight missions.
> > >
> > > Plus, I heard somewhere, probably like a year ago, that this’d be the longest Halo campaign yet.
> >
> > 9-10 actually. nothing important, just correcting stuff, bored to death.
>
> Reach had a cutscene as a mission, I didn’t count that.
> I didn’t count that ‘Lone Wolf’ hustle of a mission either.
>
> ∴ there’re only eight missions in Reach.

Did my research, there are 12 missions in Halo reach but if we excluded both of the missions you mention we have 10.

> > > I really hope the campaign is quite long. Since it will come out on 2 discs, one disc should be completely devoted to campaign. I’m thinking that it should be longer then halo 3 but not too much longer. Perhaps 14 or 15 missions. Thoughts?
> >
> > Theres only 8 missions, and the second disk is for the 90 minute FuD exclusive video and the soundtrack
>
> This hasn’t been confirmed. Quit spreading false information.

Yeah, on the contrary, it’s been confirmed to not be shipping on disk withe the game. It’s only going to be with LE and only streaming. Frankie has already confirmed that this was because FUD won’t be finished by the time the game goes gold. It was in a bulletin a month or two ago. I’ll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here’s the bulletin I was thinking of:

http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/07/19/The-Halo-Bulletin-71812.aspx

It doesn’t mention the reason (I think I may have seen that in an interview elsewhere) but it does confirm that it’s digital. No FUD disc. It’s at the very bottom. The last question in the bulletin. It says this:

> I heard that the Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition that comes with Halo 4 LE will be digital content. Is that true? If so, as one of the minority whose internet connection isn’t good enough to stream video content without obscene hours of buffering, please tell me that a physical copy will one day exist. -Stolen Snapshot
>
> Yes, we’re working on making the full show available for sale both digitally and in stores in case you’re not lucky enough to snag one of the Halo 4 limited versions. Plans are still very much in progress and more details on those options will come later. Please stay tuned.

I think I read somewhere that this campaign would be the longest/biggest of all Halo campaigns to date.