NPCs AND AI IN FORGE

This has been a thought on a lot of people’s minds.
Whether they are on my friend’s list or we just pick up a conversation, AI in forge mode has been a big concept to Halo players.
Though the sad fact is they probably won’t come in HALO 5 or in the following HALO, they may appear one day without mods.
The concept of AI in forge opens more walls, road blocks. Call them whatever, the huge evolution forge would go through would be absolutely insane.
Opinions? Facts? News about this?
Comment

I mean you could download Halo 5: Forge on PC.
Gamecheat13 just dropped a new tool that lets people do all sorts of stuff, including A.I.
Link

It’s a thing that many have suggested before. I believe Tom French (head of 343’s Forge team) said that it’s not something they see being implemented in Halo 5, but they’d look into it for future games.

That’d be pretty cool, you could make a horde mode or build living cities. It would also help machinimators out.

I don’t see it being added to halo 5 though, for future games, maybe. I don’t know how difficult it is but I can see it as a possibility

Especially with the prospect of future Halo games being made for PC, I’d love to see a G-Mod style community creating NPC battles or even Warzone maps in Forge.

> 2533274811336073;2:
> I mean you could download Halo 5: Forge on PC.
> Gamecheat13 just dropped a new tool that lets people do all sorts of stuff, including A.I.
> Link

I mentioned without mods.

TEXT: PRANK GONE WRONG. :smiley:

> 2533274856011418;7:
> > 2535437652903765;3:
> > It’s a thing that many have suggested before. I believe Tom French (head of 343’s Forge team) said that it’s not something they see being implemented in Halo 5, but they’d look into it for future games.
>
> Halo 3 is where forge started. Forge was recreated in Halo: Reach. Halo 2 came along and forge was then recreated. Halo 5 came along and forge was recreated with a huge variety of different results. Forge was replicated multiple times up to today and may continue. That’s insanity.

Uh… okay? I’m just saying that’s what I remember Tom French saying on Reddit or Twitter or something.

> And if you want to try to correct me, do it correctly. Insane, as I mentioned, is similar to the definition of insanity, but isn’t exact in that manner.
> Einstein’s definition isn’t the official definition. As Webster’s has it officially known as “Definition of insanity for English Language Learners. : severe mental illness : the condition of being insane. : something that is very foolish or unreasonable.” Not “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results” - Albert Einstein.

What? Why are you bringing what my signature says into this? I’m not trying to correct you in any way, just trying to tell you that the Forge team knows that people want this, and they want to try to implement it in the future.

> 2535437652903765;8:
> > 2533274856011418;7:
> > > 2535437652903765;3:
> > > It’s a thing that many have suggested before. I believe Tom French (head of 343’s Forge team) said that it’s not something they see being implemented in Halo 5, but they’d look into it for future games.
> >
> > Halo 3 is where forge started. Forge was recreated in Halo: Reach. Halo 2 came along and forge was then recreated. Halo 5 came along and forge was recreated with a huge variety of different results. Forge was replicated multiple times up to today and may continue. That’s insanity.
>
> Uh… okay? I’m just saying that’s what I remember Tom French saying on Reddit or Twitter or something.
>
>
> > And if you want to try to correct me, do it correctly. Insane, as I mentioned, is similar to the definition of insanity, but isn’t exact in that manner.
> > Einstein’s definition isn’t the official definition. As Webster’s has it officially known as “Definition of insanity for English Language Learners. : severe mental illness : the condition of being insane. : something that is very foolish or unreasonable.” Not “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results” - Albert Einstein.
>
> What? Why are you bringing what my signature says into this? I’m not trying to correct you in any way, just trying to tell you that the Forge team knows that people want this, and they want to try to implement it in the

Sorry, I was talking about the little statement located within your comments/replies. I was just being a little funny. I will remove it.

> 2533274856011418;1:
> This has been a thought on a lot of people’s minds.
> Whether they are on my friend’s list or we just pick up a conversation, AI in forge mode has been a big concept to Halo players.
> Though the sad fact is they probably won’t come in HALO 5 or in the following HALO, they may appear one day without mods.
> The concept of AI in forge opens more walls, road blocks. Call them whatever, the huge evolution forge would go through would be absolutely insane.
> Opinions? Facts? News about this?
> Comment

It be cool, but it’s not gonna happen in H5.

I mean, if a modder can do it vaguely then surely a huge company can create and playtest it much more efficiently and effectively

In-order for ai to work in forge effectively 343 would have to implement a hell’uva advanced pathfinding system in order walk around and generally not be brain dead on placed objects that weren’t originally on the map, or they could give each and every single object in the game it’s own pathfinding…thingy (I have zero idea how ai works lol) but I think that will be incredibly tedious. Either way if 343 manages to keep forge as advanced as it is and have forge ai that actually works then I think they deserve a reward.

> 2533274974284436;12:
> In-order for ai to work in forge effectively 343 would have to implement a hell’uva advanced pathfinding system in order walk around and generally not be brain dead on placed objects that weren’t originally on the map, or they could give each and every single object in the game it’s own pathfinding…thingy (I have zero idea how ai works lol) but I think that will be incredibly tedious. Either way if 343 manages to keep forge as advanced as it is and have forge ai that actually works then I think they deserve a reward.

Mapping tools. Create manual pathways. Idle zones and limiting zones.

It may be featured for halo 6 but it would have the most attention than multiplayer or campaign, perhaps that’s the reason why if not then I don’t know.

I could see them creating pathways on some of the arena maps, but it would take a tedious effort.