NPC unscripted dialogue.

So just thinking that could the NPC random dialogue and chatter return in infinite in a similar form that it was before?
What i mean by that is with marines example, it just made the older games gameplay feel more lively for one.
Things like humorous dialogue, little insults towards enemies, bit of swearing (well,duh. Obviously there could be some profane language if they are getting shot at at least.), perhaps little conversations between marines and other marines or different dialogue with ODSTs and S-IVs for instance and so on.
Its just one of those little things that would make the friendly NPCs feel more… alive.

Also friendly elites and such shouldnt be forgotten either on this thing, like maybe a chatter about great schism and such when encountering brutes and such. Also their own style of chatter that was seen on Halo 2 and Halo 3 for instance.

That could go for enemy NPCs too but on the other hand they could also speak their alien languages.

i would like that. wasn’t that present in h5 (can’t remember, bc i only played it once and forgot most of it)?

about the alien language: i liked the way reach handled it, that you couldn’t understand it. i also liked that in halo ce you could only understand grunts.(made the aliens a bit more threatening)
but i was also fine with the way h2 and h3 handled it (although i had to get used to understaning elites after h2 came out^^)

> 2533274793122050;2:
> i would like that. wasn’t that present in h5 (can’t remember, bc i only played it once and forgot most of it)?
>
> about the alien language: i liked the way reach handled it, that you couldn’t understand it. i also liked that in halo ce you could only understand grunts.(made the aliens a bit more threatening)
> but i was also fine with the way h2 and h3 handled it (although i had to get used to understaning elites after h2 came out^^)

Not really, infact there werent even marines in H5g. The closest things to marines were those meridian guys.
Last time that even “woohoo” was heard when jumping with a warthog was in Halo: Reach and after that the combat chatter has been really boring.

And i can agree on aliens speaking their native language, though I didnt care much of it in H4 forwards given the elite language for one was really different of what it used to be.
Hopefully there would be some original alien dialogue in the future.

Though with friendly elites perhaps at least some of them could speak english, just for easier communication.

And what do you mean you had hard time understanding elites after Halo 2 came out? I mean that do you mean you didnt understand english back when you played it, do you mean that you got used to elites speaking english and then it was changed back to alien language or…?

Also, wort wort wort is the only true way to make elite language.

> 2533274890014309;3:
> > 2533274793122050;2:
> > i would like that. wasn’t that present in h5 (can’t remember, bc i only played it once and forgot most of it)?
> >
> > about the alien language: i liked the way reach handled it, that you couldn’t understand it. i also liked that in halo ce you could only understand grunts.(made the aliens a bit more threatening)
> > but i was also fine with the way h2 and h3 handled it (although i had to get used to understaning elites after h2 came out^^)
>
> Not really, infact there werent even marines in H5g. The closest things to marines were those meridian guys.
> Last time that even “woohoo” was heard when jumping with a warthog was in Halo: Reach and after that the combat chatter has been really boring.
>
> And i can agree on aliens speaking their native language, though I didnt care much of it in H4 forwards given the elite language for one was really different of what it used to be.
> Hopefully there would be some original alien dialogue in the future.
>
> Though with friendly elites perhaps at least some of them could speak english, just for easier communication.
>
> And what do you mean you had hard time understanding elites after Halo 2 came out? I mean that do you mean you didnt understand english back when you played it, do you mean that you got used to elites speaking english and then it was changed back to alien language or…?
>
> Also, wort wort wort is the only true way to make elite language.

XD … bad expression on my part on the h2 elites… it was just so unusual for me to understand them. i was used to “wort wort wort” and not to “the demon! kill him!” (or whaterver). i played a lot of halo ce before h2 was released, so i was used to only understand grunts. (and i didn’t have to understand english… it was in my native language :wink: )

what would be nice is if there was a mix of the languages (not just elites… could be everyone: grunts, brutes, jackals, whatever)… like: they speak their alien language, but once in a while they would shout something at you in broken english … and friendly elites also using broken english (but of course good enough for everyone to understand) … maybe that would make it feel more real (what is also debatable if this is neccessary)

> 2533274793122050;4:
> > 2533274890014309;3:
> > > 2533274793122050;2:
> > > i would like that. wasn’t that present in h5 (can’t remember, bc i only played it once and forgot most of it)?
> > >
> > > about the alien language: i liked the way reach handled it, that you couldn’t understand it. i also liked that in halo ce you could only understand grunts.(made the aliens a bit more threatening)
> > > but i was also fine with the way h2 and h3 handled it (although i had to get used to understaning elites after h2 came out^^)
> >
> > Not really, infact there werent even marines in H5g. The closest things to marines were those meridian guys.
> > Last time that even “woohoo” was heard when jumping with a warthog was in Halo: Reach and after that the combat chatter has been really boring.
> >
> > And i can agree on aliens speaking their native language, though I didnt care much of it in H4 forwards given the elite language for one was really different of what it used to be.
> > Hopefully there would be some original alien dialogue in the future.
> >
> > Though with friendly elites perhaps at least some of them could speak english, just for easier communication.
> >
> > And what do you mean you had hard time understanding elites after Halo 2 came out? I mean that do you mean you didnt understand english back when you played it, do you mean that you got used to elites speaking english and then it was changed back to alien language or…?
> >
> > Also, wort wort wort is the only true way to make elite language.
>
> XD … bad expression on my part on the h2 elites… it was just so unusual for me to understand them. i was used to “wort wort wort” and not to “the demon! kill him!” (or whaterver). i played a lot of halo ce before h2 was released, so i was used to only understand grunts. (and i didn’t have to understand english… it was in my native language :wink: )
>
> what would be nice is if there was a mix of the languages (not just elites… could be everyone: grunts, brutes, jackals, whatever)… like: they speak their alien language, but once in a while they would shout something at you in broken english … and friendly elites also using broken english (but of course good enough for everyone to understand) … maybe that would make it feel more real (what is also debatable if this is neccessary)

Definitely, when i first played Halo 2 i just though that there was so much going on with the big mushroom type of ship, thing or something and aliens actually saying something understandable and new alien types like space gorillas with one having a mohawk. Also finally seeing covenant leaders given I was always quessing what would they look like.
Maybe im derailing a bit here so i just make a course correction now.

And maybe partial english for aliens would be a good option given some could still remember english even if it just to insult humans.

Also, never had option to hear Halo on my native language, only had subtitles on some newer titles though im already used to english and not being able to understand aliens at times.

Hmm, maybe it’s easier to come up with dialogue if you create some sort of character behind it.

Vain Elite:
If Elites have the classic design/armors: “Does this armor make me look skinny?”
"I enjoyed a human delicacy the other day. They call it the “donut.”

Historian Elite:
?

Reference Elite:
“I find your lack of faith…not so disturbing, anymore.”

> 2533274833309866;6:
> Hmm, maybe it’s easier to come up with dialogue if you create some sort of character behind it.
>
> Vain Elite:
> If Elites have the classic design/armors: “Does this armor make me look skinny?”
> "I enjoyed a human delicacy the other day. They call it the “donut.”
>
> Historian Elite:
> ?
>
> Reference Elite:
> “I find your lack of faith…not so disturbing, anymore.”

Those would make for some good humorous comments, maybe IWHBYD stuff?

And marines dont need to be chips dubbo but they too should get at least few different personalities.

And grunts definitely need to return to making comments about their plasma grenades and stinky brutes.
And some elites at least could honor speak Rtas style.