Now with the most recent patch...

I don’t exactly remember when the patch was put in… but the most recent one with anders being nerfed and the buff for grunts to attack air. Wondering what peoples take on 1v1 balance was. Anders was OP against Forge and Cutter before, whats everyones take on it now that it will take 2 reactor power to get gremlins now instead of 1?

(TBH I don’t think that anders was unbeatable before and I don’t think she is unbeatable now, just want everyone elses take on it.)

> I don’t exactly remember when the patch was put in… but the most recent one with anders being nerfed and the buff for grunts to attack air. Wondering what peoples take on 1v1 balance was. Anders was OP against Forge and Cutter before, whats everyones take on it now that it will take 2 reactor power to get gremlins now instead of 1?
>
> (TBH I don’t think that anders was unbeatable before and I don’t think she is unbeatable now, just want everyone elses take on it.)

Anders isn’t as strong as she used to be, thanks in part to the nerf to warthogs, the buff to hunters and turrets, nerfing her economy bonus, and so on.

Still, in a match between evenly skilled opponents, anders(vs unsc) should never lose. The gremlin is far, far better tahn anyother unique unit. No comparison, game over, anders wins.

Poor cutter and forge. :frowning:

Well in a 1v1, Forge can go hogs just as good as Anders can. He’ll always have the better mid-game economy and will always get tanks out quicker. Tanks+Grenadier can easily defeat Tanks+Gremlins. You just have to play it smart. Gremlins aren’t really a bother in most cases.

I was thinking the same thing, however every pro (players like iechoic and dopedgoat and that) says that anders is OP against the other UNSC. Plus they say that cyclops cant be used for anything and are useless. I’m also looking into that right now.

> I was thinking the same thing, however every pro (players like iechoic and dopedgoat and that) says that anders is OP against the other UNSC. Plus they say that cyclops cant be used for anything and are useless. I’m also looking into that right now.

If you are talking just about 1v1, cyclops are pretty much useless. Now if you are talking about team games, they are good rebel base destroyers early in the game.

> Well in a 1v1, Forge can go hogs just as good as Anders can. He’ll always have the better mid-game economy and will always get tanks out quicker. Tanks+Grenadier can easily defeat Tanks+Gremlins. You just have to play it smart. Gremlins aren’t really a bother in most cases.

Yeah right. If we have equal amount of tanks, and somewhat equal hogs to gremlins, there is no way the gremlins would lose. How could you even compare warthogs to gremlins, and only grenadier at that? Gremlins can stun, and do far more damage to vehicles than a grenadier warthog, so game over.

> > Well in a 1v1, Forge can go hogs just as good as Anders can. He’ll always have the better mid-game economy and will always get tanks out quicker. Tanks+Grenadier can easily defeat Tanks+Gremlins. You just have to play it smart. Gremlins aren’t really a bother in most cases.
>
> Yeah right. If we have equal amount of tanks, and somewhat equal hogs to gremlins, there is no way the gremlins would lose. How could you even compare warthogs to gremlins, and only grenadier at that? Gremlins can stun, and do far more damage to vehicles than a grenadier warthog, so game over.

That’s the thing. There’s no way Anders will have the same amount of gremlins as Forge has hogs, unless the Forge is mentally disabled. They are cheaper and train much faster. That also means Forge will have tanks out much earlier than Anders. Obviously Forge will lose if their army is equal in population, but that should never happen. Forge will have the bigger army. Plus, a clever carpet bomb can also turn the tides fairly quick. You’re forgetting how fragile gremlins are. Grenadier hogs are fairly effective against them from my experience. It’s pretty much what every high-level player does as Forge against an Anders (tanks+hogs or sometimes hornets+hogs).

> > > Well in a 1v1, Forge can go hogs just as good as Anders can. He’ll always have the better mid-game economy and will always get tanks out quicker. Tanks+Grenadier can easily defeat Tanks+Gremlins. You just have to play it smart. Gremlins aren’t really a bother in most cases.
> >
> > Yeah right. If we have equal amount of tanks, and somewhat equal hogs to gremlins, there is no way the gremlins would lose. How could you even compare warthogs to gremlins, and only grenadier at that? Gremlins can stun, and do far more damage to vehicles than a grenadier warthog, so game over.
>
> That’s the thing. There’s no way Anders will have the same amount of gremlins as Forge has hogs, unless the Forge is mentally disabled. They are cheaper and train much faster. That also means Forge will have tanks out much earlier than Anders. Obviously Forge will lose if their army is equal in population, but that should never happen. Forge will have the bigger army. Plus, a clever carpet bomb can also turn the tides fairly quick. You’re forgetting how fragile gremlins are. Grenadier hogs are fairly effective against them from my experience. It’s pretty much what every high-level player does as Forge against an Anders (tanks+hogs or sometimes hornets+hogs).

This is all assuming no one attacks eachother for 4+ minutes. Anders has the advantage early game and is the best hog rusher by far. You say forge will have tanks out faster, but under what cirumstances? No rushing? Not going for warthogs at all?

You mention carpet bomb, but not cryo?

Hogs are only 50 minerals cheaper than gremlins, and the warthogs you describe require 750 minerals in upgrades. that 750 can make up the price difference on 15 gremlins, or 5 and reserves.

Im sorry, I jsut dont understand how you think warthogs/tanks can beat gremlins/tanks.

Assuming nobody attacks for 4+ minutes? Where’d you get that from? As I stated before, a Forge can go hogs just as well as an Anders can. Because Forge’s pads are already upgraded, he won’t have to worry about that either. That saves a ton of money, hence why he will have tanks out much quicker. All high-level Anders try to get up an expansion as fast as possible because they can’t out-produce a Forge off one base (release,tundra). They aim to double pump gremlins. By the time Anders gets her expansion up, the Forge will already have a tank and a handful of grenadier hogs approaching it. Most Anders players will have maybe two gremlins and some gunner hogs by that time. Plus, once Forge gets canister its game over. All of this should happen in under 10 minutes. 15 gremlins? Not possible. Reserves? I’m sorry but no Anders makes a field armory unless the game drags on and on. Also, carpet bomb > cryo. I speak about all of this from a high-level standpoint. I don’t really know how good you are or your experiences.

Here’s a fairly good visual representation of what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSQpS3exrz0