now we have rain in forge...

Forge is constantly improving and its incredible! And now we have something weve wanted for… years and years and years… weather! to be more precised, rain!
So this is my idea… why not have a filter so it looks like water is hitting the visor, youll have water drops hit the visor and trickle down, im just thinking this would make it that more immersive in maps! What are all your thoughts and what more things can you think of along those lines?

> 2533274812624078;1:
> Forge is constantly improving and its incredible! And now we have something weve wanted for… years and years and years… weather! to be more precised, rain!
> So this is my idea… why not have a filter so it looks like water is hitting the visor, youll have water drops hit the visor and trickle down, im just thinking this would make it that more immersive in maps! What are all your thoughts and what more things can you think of along those lines?

Cool idea. I’m not a forger myself but I appreciate the -Yoink- out of the forgers we have in the community and I’m always happy to see them get more options. Seriously we have some crazy talented map makers in our community. It’s always fun to see what they can do with more options.

> 2533274886531207;2:
> > 2533274812624078;1:
> > Forge is constantly improving and its incredible! And now we have something weve wanted for… years and years and years… weather! to be more precised, rain!
> > So this is my idea… why not have a filter so it looks like water is hitting the visor, youll have water drops hit the visor and trickle down, im just thinking this would make it that more immersive in maps! What are all your thoughts and what more things can you think of along those lines?
>
>
> Cool idea. I’m not a forger myself but I appreciate the -Yoink- out of the forgers we have in the community and I’m always happy to see them get more options. Seriously we have some crazy talented map makers in our community. It’s always fun to see what they can do with more options.

ah you should definitely give a go! Very contagious :wink: ive been forging since halo 3 but this forge… even im absolutely amazed by what people have made! Its just incredible! and small things like this would just add that bit more immersive…

Could be cool, but maybe a bit too much for the lunch box one to handle. Something that would be more likely on a PC to be honest, but still a great idea, definitely is creative and would add some more mood to maps

Except it goes through walls and into buildings. :3

The papers weather looks great too!

> 2533274908264105;4:
> Could be cool, but maybe a bit too much for the lunch box one to handle. Something that would be more likely on a PC to be honest, but still a great idea, definitely is creative and would add some more mood to maps

not really… we have rain, snow, fog, and all the filters like earthquake and closer and far away… i woulda thought it would actually be really simple for the xbox to handle to be honest!

> 2533274881560701;5:
> Except it goes through walls and into buildings. :3

yeah… but its a start… hopefully H6 we can have it so it interacts with objects! even just getting the weather is a huge step forward!

That would be freaking amazing.

> 2533274909139271;6:
> The papers weather looks great too!

yeah, i think in an urban map itll look good! think the paper weather heavy would be a bit much though… the light one would be good!

Having something like “Weather Block Volumes” would be nice for the raining-inside problem. I understand that they can’t have each droplet react to the forge structures, but that should be a sufficient workaround.

While I’m big on Forge, the lag and generating between Monitor to Spartan could be ghastly for those with crappier Xbox’s, like me.

Biggest issue with the rain is it goes through forge blocks >>

> 2533274908264105;4:
> Could be cool, but maybe a bit too much for the lunch box one to handle. Something that would be more likely on a PC to be honest, but still a great idea, definitely is creative and would add some more mood to maps

Another reason why PC should have a Halo 5 port. And a decent one at that.

NOW you can remake Lockout! :slight_smile:

I know it sucks to have things on the cloud, but if the cloud is the only way to make it rain in our online gameplay, LET IT RAIN!

Rain is cool but you know what’s better? Paper.

> 2533274908264105;4:

Well not to much to handle. For example: World of Tanks has weather/environment effects ranging from rain “hitting the screen and rolling down” to if one sits long enough in the snowfall maps they will start to accumulate snow on the tank itself. I believe with Halo 5 engine this could also be attained or Halo 6

-Yoink!- i wish I had the Internet to play this :frowning: been a forger since halo 3 and I’ve always wanted to make really big forest maps with rain etc, 343 have done really well with forge in halo 5 I’ll give em that.

Yes!
and if we keep asking 343 may actually add it!

We will need a new armor mod then…windshield wipers for your visor.