NOW Halo 4 vs Black Ops 2 begins.

With everyone seeing most of what Halo 4 is bringing to the table, people are getting really excited for its release, and due to the lack of info about Black ops 2, Halo 4 has been in the spotlight. Halo 4’s pre-orders are looking good also.

About two hours ago, Treyarch unveiled the first MP trailer for Black Ops 2, and boy does it look AWESOME.

Now the showdown begins. I highly doubt Halo 4 will keep its pre-order lead seeing the fact that Black Ops 2 has a 60,000 weekly increase on VGChartz, and is almost caught up to Halo 4 (Which has been announced for a year almost).

This is going to get interesting.

WARNING I know VGChartz is VERY unreliable, but for some reason people on here love to think that its a true source since Halo 4 is in the lead which is why I use it for reference. I already know the Black Ops 2 is beating Halo 4 in Gamestop pre-orders as well as Best Buy, but for the sake of this post, lets just use VGchartz.

Locked in 3…2…1…

> Locked in 3…2…1…

Why would this get locked? It’s about Halo 4. Just because I’m not posting about how much I’m drooling over the game means that my thread deserves to get locked?

Hahaha no, it deserves to get locked because you are baiting a flame-war that will not discuss anything; it’ll devolve into a BLOPS vs Halo argument, which benefits no one.

If you’re a troll, you’re a very transparent one

Not gonna lie, that Blops trailer was sick. Dedicated Spectator Mode cough cough 343 get on it cough cough

> Hahaha no, it deserves to get locked because you are baiting a flame-war that will not discuss anything; it’ll devolve into a BLOPS vs Halo argument, which benefits no one.
>
> If you’re a troll, you’re a very transparent one

I’m pretty sure BLOPS vs Halo is in every thread on this forum, but still. What’s the point of being able to post on a forum, if you can’t post anything that isn’t 100% worship of the game?

Every thread? Over exaggerating a (false) sentiment won’t make your argument any better; if anything, it makes you look ignorant.

Of course there is worship for Halo 4 on the HALO WAYPOINT FORUM. Crazy, huh? The thing is, there are more threads pointing out potential issues (and recommended fixes) than there are worship threads.

Again, if you’re gonna try to incite something, perhaps get a clue about what you’re talking about? My two cents.

No, it began MONTHS ago…

Now you’re merely throwing more gasoline at the fire.

Good job OP, continue the tradition of useless forum posts that in no way contributes to a better Halo experience.

> Not gonna lie, that Blops trailer was sick. Dedicated Spectator Mode cough cough 343 get on it cough cough

I told myself that I wouldn’t be suckered into buying another Call of Duty game, but this just looks fun.

Halo 4’s still priority, so I’ll pick up Blops 2 sometime in early 2013.

> Every thread? Over exaggerating a (false) sentiment won’t make your argument any better; if anything, it makes you look ignorant.
>
> Of course there is worship for Halo 4 on the HALO WAYPOINT FORUM. Crazy, huh? The thing is, there are more threads pointing out potential issues (and recommended fixes) than there are worship threads.
>
> Again, if you’re gonna try to incite something, perhaps get a clue about what you’re talking about? My two cents.

Most threads I stumble upon are more positive than negative. People are scared to post that they really feel. If they did, they’re afraid they’re going to get tons of hate.

Yeah that black ops trailer was pretty cool, well put together and showing off a fair bit of the gadgets.

Blops 2 looks like it will be the best CoD yet, Treyarch are by far the best game designers owned by Activision (apart from bungie). the reason their previous games weren’t that good was because they were making 007 games at the same time. Now that they were solely working on Blops 2 (i think) it looks very innovative and balanced.

> No, it began MONTHS ago…
>
> Now you’re merely throwing more gasoline at the fire.
>
> Good job OP, continue the tradition of useless forum posts that in no way contributes to a
> better Halo experience.

Really guys? The OP makes a totally valid discussion starter and you guys eat him alive for it…

Did you guys not notice what Treyarch did in this trailer for BOps 2? A huge discussion going on right now is competitive Halo and what it needs to come back, such as a spectator mode, so it would seem like Treyarch is doing their research within the Halo community and capitalizing on what Halo 4 doesn’t have by showing their goods to the fans.

Totally valid argument for debate on this forum. Halo 4 needs to step up their marketing.

343 need to put something out soon. The lack of info/trailers/advertising is killing me :stuck_out_tongue:

> 343 need to put something out soon. The lack of info/trailers/advertising is killing me :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the issue. I’m not sure how much they can do now. We’ve already seen everything, including 10 minuet long gameplay videos, hour long streams from RTX, etc. They’re pretty much done whereas things are just starting for its main competition which is why I made this topic.

> > 343 need to put something out soon. The lack of info/trailers/advertising is killing me :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> That’s the issue. I’m not sure how much they can do now. We’ve already seen everything, including 10 minuet long gameplay videos, hour long streams from RTX, etc. They’re pretty much done whereas things are just starting for its main competition which is why I made this topic.

Well, we have very little information regarding Halo 4 right now. People can only speculate how the story is going to pan out, and apart from some trailers, we havn’t seen much.

Microsoft have alot of money, and I think they’re gonna start using it soon. Don’t forget that 343 can get Halo 4 adverts on TV, show more info (possibly at PAX Prime) and just basically keep advertising their product.

I’m not sure why their being quiet now, but hopefully they’ll start their main marketing campaign soon (Don’t forget about Forward Unto Dawn aswell)

> 343 need to put something out soon. The lack of info/trailers/advertising is killing me :stuck_out_tongue:

^^This!^^

They should seriously start releasing some info, we barely have much to go on. we should at least get quite a bit of info in september.

Oh my God!
Call of Duty is totally copying Halo! Like look! You can see through walls with a perk, just like Halo!

> > > 343 need to put something out soon. The lack of info/trailers/advertising is killing me :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > That’s the issue. I’m not sure how much they can do now. We’ve already seen everything, including 10 minuet long gameplay videos, hour long streams from RTX, etc. They’re pretty much done whereas things are just starting for its main competition which is why I made this topic.
>
> Well, we have very little information regarding Halo 4 right now. People can only speculate how the story is going to pan out, and apart from some trailers, we havn’t seen much.
>
> Microsoft have alot of money, and I think they’re gonna start using it soon. Don’t forget that 343 can get Halo 4 adverts on TV, show more info (possibly at PAX Prime) and just basically keep advertising their product.
>
> I’m not sure why their being quiet now, but hopefully they’ll start their main marketing campaign soon (Don’t forget about Forward Unto Dawn aswell)

I’m not talking about the campaign. I’m referring to the main reason why the masses play Halo and CoD…multiplayer. We’ve seen so much from Halo 4, including info on the new features, and we’ve seen gameplay, streams, and so much of it. Same with Spec Ops. A good chunk of the game is known and talked about with Halo.

Why choose ?