Now Extra DLC In Halo 5 Xbox One Console Package

With Halo 4, we saw that people who acquired the Halo 4 console were given the Fotus armor, where as the Limited Edition buyers only got a different skin for Recruit armor. While both armors were great, the price tag for getting Fotus armor was rather significant… Halo 5 will only be more so with the massive price of the Xbox One. While I love Halo 5, and am debating about getting the Console version, I don’t want them to try to hold a piece of armor hostage and have me either feel like I need to buy the Xbox for that armor, or wait to purchase a “Game of the Year Edition” that comes with all the armors.

343, I WANT to buy your stuff, and right now you have me preordering your expensive Collector’s Edition. But don’t you try to make us spend $600 bucks to pick up another piece of DLC us completionists feel compelled to get. Give us a armor we need to get through Vidmasters or something, but don’t be greedy and try to feel like that additional DLC content is for people who can only afford it by selling their kidney. We all have Xbox One’s already to play the Beta, don’t try to make us jump up and down and let us leave after there is no more sounds of coins jiggling in our pockets.

Moderator/Admin note: Could you change “Now” to “New” in the title? Thanks.

> 2533274807231709;1:
> With Halo 4, we saw that people who acquired the Halo 4 console were given the Fotus armor, where as the Limited Edition buyers only got a different skin for Recruit armor. While both armors were great, the price tag for getting Fotus armor was rather significant… Halo 5 will only be more so with the massive price of the Xbox One. While I love Halo 5, and am debating about getting the Console version, I don’t want them to try to hold a piece of armor hostage and have me either feel like I need to buy the Xbox for that armor, or wait to purchase a “Game of the Year Edition” that comes with all the armors.
>
> 343, I WANT to buy your stuff, and right now you have me preordering your expensive Collector’s Edition. But don’t you try to make us spend $600 bucks to pick up another piece of DLC us completionists feel compelled to get. Give us a armor we need to get through Vidmasters or something, but don’t be greedy and try to feel like that additional DLC content is for people who can only afford it by selling their kidney. We all have Xbox One’s already to play the Beta, don’t try to make us jump up and down and let us leave after there is no more sounds of coins jiggling in our pockets.

I agree. But if I’m going to spend a lot of money for the Limited console I want something special to show off in game too!

> 2533275018690103;2:
> I agree. But if I’m going to spend a lot of money for the Limited console I want something special to show off in game too!

Then have it be a special addition tag for your Spartan, but I don’t want it to be an armor, or a visor, or helmet that is only for the people that bought the Xbox version. The game is month’s away, and I doubt few people here want to be told “If you want this special armor set, you need to spend $600 bucks or more”.

> 2533274807231709;3:
> > 2533275018690103;2:
> > I agree. But if I’m going to spend a lot of money for the Limited console I want something special to show off in game too!
>
>
> Then have it be a special addition tag for your Spartan, but I don’t want it to be an armor, or a visor, or helmet that is only for the people that bought the Xbox version. The game is month’s away, and I doubt few people here want to be told “If you want this special armor set, you need to spend $600 bucks or more”.

You are being a little overdramatic, aren’t you? I can see someone worrying about wanting the Halo console and the collector’s edition too. But If you care that bad for a piece of armor… I think that you have the problem, not 343i.

> 2533274822090702;4:
> > 2533274807231709;3:
> > > 2533275018690103;2:
> > > I agree. But if I’m going to spend a lot of money for the Limited console I want something special to show off in game too!
> >
> >
> > Then have it be a special addition tag for your Spartan, but I don’t want it to be an armor, or a visor, or helmet that is only for the people that bought the Xbox version. The game is month’s away, and I doubt few people here want to be told “If you want this special armor set, you need to spend $600 bucks or more”.
>
>
> You are being a little overdramatic, aren’t you? I can see someone worrying about wanting the Halo console and the collector’s edition too. But If you care that bad for a piece of armor… I think that you have the problem, not 343i.

Not to mention “MONTHS AWAY” Uhm… I don’t think it’d be a good idea to give a special armor for the console at this point. Many people have spent lots of money as it is trying to get into the beta…

Except me… I still have to make the money. So! All in all we’ll have to wait and see. As it stands, I want the Limited edition, nothing really more.

> 2533274822090702;4:
> You are being a little overdramatic, aren’t you? I can see someone worrying about wanting the Halo console and the collector’s edition too. But If you care that bad for a piece of armor… I think that you have the problem, not 343i.

It would be both parties problem then. The issue though is that the pricetag is so steep, that any greatly desired DLC would be very much held hostage by a console that hasn’t been announced yet. I don’t know about you, but gathering $600, and let’s be fair in saying it can be as much as $750 dollars for ONE game and a console is something people can’t just acquire. That’s putting aside at this period of time $120-150 bucks aside each month for one item that is meant purely for relaxation… It shouldn’t try to blind side us with more DLC that is exclusive that people may scramble to try to get.

It’s possible that the characters that ship with the limited edition box. The preorder action figures do come with h5 doc.

Reach had flaming heads, H4 had FOTUS, it’s kind of a tradition at this point. I like it, because I always buy the new Halo consoles and like something to show I did. Though I gave FOTUS to a buddy because I didn’t like it. And I plan on using Helioskrill (damn you, H2 Gravemind level) in H5 so I probably wouldn’t need anything.

I’m pretty sure there will be some sort of exclusive with the new console.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> Reach had flaming heads, H4 had FOTUS, it’s kind of a tradition at this point. I like it, because I always buy the new Halo consoles and like something to show I did. Though I gave FOTUS to a buddy because I didn’t like it. And I plan on using Helioskrill (damn you, H2 Gravemind level) in H5 so I probably wouldn’t need anything.

It’s true, but Halo 4 did learn from it’s predecessor Halo Reach. Reach had 4 copies as well, that seem to be shaping up to be Halo 5’s options:

• Standard
  • Limited Edition
  • Collector’s Edition (additional statute+x?)*
  • Console Edition (Limited Edition Content+y?)**: Meaning that x?=/=y?

Halo 4 removed the Collector’s edition. With Halo 5 being on a new console that is more than double the price of the prior Xbox 360 during it’s Xbox Bundle prices, while it may be acceptable to have additional content for the price, it is a slap in the face to everyone who cannot afford that massive dollar cost. If the price is below $450, then I would speak less strongly on the topic, but that we are closing in on 5 months to pick up what could be a $500-$600 dollar price tag is too steep with such short notice for them to dangle exclusive DLC.

I want to buy the Halo xbox one, the concept art shown on the covers is stuff to drool over, but I am hating that I have this feeling that 343 is going to make their hardcore fans have to sell their left kidney to afford the steep price tag.

I really don’t want exclusive DLC for buying the Xbox One Console. They’re already including exclusive DLC for buying the Halo 5: Guardians action figures which is annoying. Hopefully it isn’t anything important like an emblem or a colour scheme for a weapon or a variant of armor. But if they make armor themselves exclusive to purchasing things outside of Halo 5, I’m going to be disappointed (and poorer).

Not really a fan of console-exclusive DLC, and I say this as someone who traded in their 360 for the Halo 4 console. What was even stranger was the console didn’t come with the special edition, and the special edition didn’t have the console exclusives. Like…why? I’m not going to buy both when the console already comes with the game, and it’s really hard to justify dropping hundreds of dollars on the console just for a new skin.

Same with the toys really. I was never into action figures as a kid, and I have no intention of buying them now.

Off-topic, make some new threads. I’m soooo bored.

> 2533274819302824;12:
> Off-topic, make some new threads. I’m soooo bored.

lmao, I’m working on a few ideas in my head right now conspiracy wise. Tonight this thread making maniac will scratch your itch.

In terms of the DLC, I agree with what was said above… If they do have the Xbox bundle, and have it be as expensive as I fear, it should come with the Collector’ Edition content as well.