Novembers Armour Lock Awesomeness. (Video)

With the first November Update. 343i have majorly nerfed armour lock. It now takes a lot of damage and can only withstand only a few bullets.

Watch my full video Demonstration

Personally, i think this is the best thing ever. What are your thoughts on the change?

Found it astounding to see how much of it’s power was reduced. Knowing this fact brought me to tears. I was in tears because it brought me tears of joy knowing that 343i put the time in to generate this brilliant idea.

Summary: I could not be happier.

P.S. Thanks for the video~! Shed some light on how different weapons affect AL.

No problem. The Grenade launcher defiantly seems to be a sweet weapon. But a good Old 'nade and a couple of shots will pop them out in seconds.

By the time I throw a grenade a teammate throws a couple as well and instantly pop the guy out of it. Hint: Now it’s wise to travel with a teammate for another reason.

Im am filled with happyness but just imagine if Al wasnt in matchmaking at all :slight_smile:

I don’t use AL too often, but when I do, it’s for a legit purpose. It should be removed from every playlist EXCEPT: BTB, Invasion, Multi-team. All for obvious reasons.
BTB and Invasion because of ghosts, revenants, etc.
Multi-team because 11 other people are constantly chucking grenades at you and the Beta AL can save you from them if you use it wisely

> I don’t use AL too often, but when I do, it’s for a legit purpose. It should be removed from every playlist EXCEPT: BTB, Invasion, Multi-team. All for obvious reasons.
> BTB and Invasion because of ghosts, revenants, etc.
> Multi-team because 11 other people are constantly chucking grenades at you and the Beta AL can save you from them if you use it wisely

Indeed. But in practise, like i said it can only withstand about one 'nade now. So it’s now defiantly about timing.

This.

This is wonderful.

:'D

I know. This news is nearly as good as ESV in one week.(ish)

It still doesn’t change the fact that Armor Lock is ridiculously stupid. It might be less annoying, but it’s still rage inducing.

If AL was like this at launch there would be no change in the amount of complaints directed at Armor Lock

> It still doesn’t change the fact that Armor Lock is ridiculously stupid. It might be less annoying, but it’s still rage inducing.
>
> If AL was like this at launch there would be no change in the amount of complaints directed at Armor Lock

Possibly, but like in video all you need to do now is throw a 'nade few shots, there dead.

They’ve nearly taken away the purpose of Armor Lock!!! They had it perfect with the TU before this but now this is too much!

> It still doesn’t change the fact that Armor Lock is ridiculously stupid. It might be less annoying, but it’s still rage inducing.
>
> If AL was like this at launch there would be no change in the amount of complaints directed at Armor Lock

Anything that kills you or reducing the amount of kills you get induces rage. Jumpy enemies? Rage. Getting stuck at close range? Rage. Missing the headshot you needed for a kill and getting killed immediately afterwards? Rage. Anything directly negatively affecting the person playing will cause them to rage at some degree.

Depends on the Player.

> Anything that kills you or reducing the amount of kills you get induces rage. Jumpy enemies? Rage. Getting stuck at close range? Rage. Missing the headshot you needed for a kill and getting killed immediately afterwards? Rage. Anything directly negatively affecting the person playing will cause them to rage at some degree.

You’re right. Rage isn’t always a valid reason to remove something.

However, the pre-November nerfs accomplished absolutely nothing whatsoever. The damage needed to knock someone out of post-November Armor Lock seems somewhat random across each weapon – rather, somewhat unintuitive – but at least now, the nerf is actually effective.

Even with this nerf, btw, Armor Lock is still useful. It just requires some amount of intelligence to use. If you’re running into the middle of a room full of enemies and Locking right in front of them, then you are going to die for having done something very stupid. If, on the other hand, you’re using a properly-timed Armor Lock to withstand a team’s worth of grenades in Nade Ba-- sorry, Sword Base, it could still protect you.

I can’t say this saddened me in anyway whatsoever. :slight_smile:

I used Armor lock occasionally when it seemed necessary in default reach.(I prefer sprint) But least AL had a use.

I’m struggling to think of a use for Armor lock in the TU.

>

True. However, it’s nice to see that it’s not as rage inducing anymore. The nerf almost makes it not worth using, not that I used it in the first place.

Grenades are now a viable counter against Armor Lock.

Oh happy day!

Perfect.