November release date

There seems to be indicating that infinite could release in November to celebrate halos 20 anniversary. While I don’t want this to happen I can certainly understand why many want it to happen

Unless there is a development need to launch in November, I doubt it will. The prime time to launch a game is in September to maximize the Holiday season. Maybe in the world of F2P games and gamespass this all doesn’t matter, but for physical SKUs I imagine MS wants to make some money.

> 2717573882290912;2:
> Unless there is a development need to launch in November, I doubt it will. The prime time to launch a game is in September to maximize the Holiday season. Maybe in the world of F2P games and gamespass this all doesn’t matter, but for physical SKUs I imagine MS wants to make some money.

I mean Infinite was originally going to release last November before the delay. I think MS and 343 will try to capitalize on marketing the 20th anniversary of the franchise

> 2533274812864671;3:
> > 2717573882290912;2:
> > Unless there is a development need to launch in November, I doubt it will. The prime time to launch a game is in September to maximize the Holiday season. Maybe in the world of F2P games and gamespass this all doesn’t matter, but for physical SKUs I imagine MS wants to make some money.
>
> I mean Infinite was originally going to release last November before the delay. I think MS and 343 will try to capitalize on marketing the 20th anniversary of the franchise

> 2717573882290912;2:
> Unless there is a development need to launch in November, I doubt it will. The prime time to launch a game is in September to maximize the Holiday season. Maybe in the world of F2P games and gamespass this all doesn’t matter, but for physical SKUs I imagine MS wants to make some money.

Firstly two voice actors have now explicitly said ‘November’ in interviews re: the release date so while that’s not confirmation as they may not know details it is a strong indication.

I think the release date for the Divine Wind book (19 October) also makes a November date the most likely. Shadows of Reach was scheduled for a 22 September 2020 release before being pushed back to 20 October. You want to release a book about a month before the game to maximise its sales. Releasing after the game makes no sense as it won’t sell anywhere near as well, you want to catch people when they’re hungry for any information possible.

While I can understand the desire within parts of the community to keep 15 November clear to celebrate the franchise’s 20th anniversary, it’s also entirely possible to see the view that launching a new game then or immediately after (16 November is a Tuesday, and 23 November is the Tuesday before Thanksgiving). The fact that they’ve already kicked off the 20th annviersary celebrations indicates to me there’ll be 6 months of celebrating before then and after the date we may very swiftly move on to the future of the franchise. Remember: the gap between Halo 5 and Infinite will be more than the gap between Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 3. That’s almost 1/3rd of the franchise’s lifespan with only one new entry in the game series; the RTS Halo Wars 2 (which while absolutely excellent, a lot of players haven’t played)

> 2533274874872263;4:
> > 2533274812864671;3:
> > > 2717573882290912;2:
> > > Unless there is a development need to launch in November, I doubt it will. The prime time to launch a game is in September to maximize the Holiday season. Maybe in the world of F2P games and gamespass this all doesn’t matter, but for physical SKUs I imagine MS wants to make some money.
> >
> > I mean Infinite was originally going to release last November before the delay. I think MS and 343 will try to capitalize on marketing the 20th anniversary of the franchise
>
>
>
> > 2717573882290912;2:
> > Unless there is a development need to launch in November, I doubt it will. The prime time to launch a game is in September to maximize the Holiday season. Maybe in the world of F2P games and gamespass this all doesn’t matter, but for physical SKUs I imagine MS wants to make some money.
>
> Firstly two voice actors have now explicitly said ‘November’ in interviews re: the release date so while that’s not confirmation as they may not know details it is a strong indication.
>
> I think the release date for the Divine Wind book (19 October) also makes a November date the most likely. Shadows of Reach was scheduled for a 22 September 2020 release before being pushed back to 20 October. You want to release a book about a month before the game to maximise its sales. Releasing after the game makes no sense as it won’t sell anywhere near as well, you want to catch people when they’re hungry for any information possible.
>
> While I can understand the desire within parts of the community to keep 15 November clear to celebrate the franchise’s 20th anniversary, it’s also entirely possible to see the view that launching a new game then or immediately after (16 November is a Tuesday, and 23 November is the Tuesday before Thanksgiving). The fact that they’ve already kicked off the 20th annviersary celebrations indicates to me there’ll be 6 months of celebrating before then and after the date we may very swiftly move on to the future of the franchise. Remember: the gap between Halo 5 and Infinite will be more than the gap between Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 3. That’s almost 1/3rd of the franchise’s lifespan with only one new entry in the game series; the RTS Halo Wars 2 (which while absolutely excellent, a lot of players haven’t played)

Yea I see November 16th as likely. Idk about the 23rd though, that seems too late in my opinion

> 2533274812864671;5:
> > 2533274874872263;4:
> > > 2533274812864671;3:
> > > > 2717573882290912;2:
> > > > Unless there is a development need to launch in November, I doubt it will. The prime time to launch a game is in September to maximize the Holiday season. Maybe in the world of F2P games and gamespass this all doesn’t matter, but for physical SKUs I imagine MS wants to make some money.
> > >
> > > I mean Infinite was originally going to release last November before the delay. I think MS and 343 will try to capitalize on marketing the 20th anniversary of the franchise
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2717573882290912;2:
> > > Unless there is a development need to launch in November, I doubt it will. The prime time to launch a game is in September to maximize the Holiday season. Maybe in the world of F2P games and gamespass this all doesn’t matter, but for physical SKUs I imagine MS wants to make some money.
> >
> > Firstly two voice actors have now explicitly said ‘November’ in interviews re: the release date so while that’s not confirmation as they may not know details it is a strong indication.
> >
> > I think the release date for the Divine Wind book (19 October) also makes a November date the most likely. Shadows of Reach was scheduled for a 22 September 2020 release before being pushed back to 20 October. You want to release a book about a month before the game to maximise its sales. Releasing after the game makes no sense as it won’t sell anywhere near as well, you want to catch people when they’re hungry for any information possible.
> >
> > While I can understand the desire within parts of the community to keep 15 November clear to celebrate the franchise’s 20th anniversary, it’s also entirely possible to see the view that launching a new game then or immediately after (16 November is a Tuesday, and 23 November is the Tuesday before Thanksgiving). The fact that they’ve already kicked off the 20th annviersary celebrations indicates to me there’ll be 6 months of celebrating before then and after the date we may very swiftly move on to the future of the franchise. Remember: the gap between Halo 5 and Infinite will be more than the gap between Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 3. That’s almost 1/3rd of the franchise’s lifespan with only one new entry in the game series; the RTS Halo Wars 2 (which while absolutely excellent, a lot of players haven’t played)
>
> Yea I see November 16th as likely. Idk about the 23rd though, that seems too late in my opinion

Entirely agree myself. Not gone as far as booking the week off work yet, but not far off!

I have been pretty confident about a November release too. But November is typically a “holiday” month. In the March Inside Infinite, the people they interviewed were all looking forward to release “this fall” which to me means September or October. So now I’m not so 100% on the November date.

> 2533274794960944;7:
> I have been pretty confident about a November release too. But November is typically a “holiday” month. In the March Inside Infinite, the people they interviewed were all looking forward to release “this fall” which to me means September or October. So now I’m not so 100% on the November date.

Doesn’t November fall into “fall”

see what I did there

> 2533274847704400;8:
> > 2533274794960944;7:
> > I have been pretty confident about a November release too. But November is typically a “holiday” month. In the March Inside Infinite, the people they interviewed were all looking forward to release “this fall” which to me means September or October. So now I’m not so 100% on the November date.
>
> Doesn’t November fall into “fall”
>
> see what I did there

Yeah fall is September-November. Holiday is November-December. Summer can be anything from June-September. There’s certainly overlaps.

Agree with you that ‘Fall’ implies earlier than later November.

> 2717573882290912;2:

i think 343 stated they will be releasing H6 in the 4th quarter of 2021

> 2533274874872263;9:
> > 2533274847704400;8:
> > > 2533274794960944;7:
> > > I have been pretty confident about a November release too. But November is typically a “holiday” month. In the March Inside Infinite, the people they interviewed were all looking forward to release “this fall” which to me means September or October. So now I’m not so 100% on the November date.
> >
> > Doesn’t November fall into “fall”
> >
> > see what I did there
>
> Yeah fall is September-November. Holiday is November-December. Summer can be anything from June-September. There’s certainly overlaps.
>
> Agree with you that ‘Fall’ implies earlier than later November.

Although November is on the tail-end of the Fall season, as was already mentioned, it is still a Fall month. Technically “Holiday” season isn’t even an actual season at all, it’s just a consumer and marketing term. The four seasons are obviously Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. Now then again, when discussing Halo Infinite, it is a consumer product. And before the delay when it was originally going to release last November, it was initially teased as “Holiday 2020” and not “Fall 2020.” So I agree since 343 keep stating “Fall 2021,” and not “Holiday 2021” for the new release window, it does have some implication that perhaps November might not be the month, and instead September or October will be the release month. But I personally think 343 may not have chosen to say Holiday 2021 for damage control, since so many people were already very annoyed/upset when they heard Fall 2021. Plus all the other signals we’ve been getting so far certainly point towards a November release. And I mean yeah, at the end of the day, November is still a Fall month, so it’s not like 343 would have been technically lying to us by saying Fall 2021 and not Holiday 2021. I’m still banking on a November 15th release date for the 20th anniversary of the franchise as my first guess, with November 16th being my second guess (since that will adhere to a traditional Tuesday release of video games). Only time will tell. Hopefully at E3 the official release date will be announced.

Wait how is a November release bad?

I still think that we might see the upcoming Halo Infinite coming out on November 2021 especially if 343 Industries wants to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Halo Franchise.

> 2533274860752574;12:
> Wait how is a November release bad?

yeah,OP doesn’t justify this at all

> 2535449976520576;14:
> > 2533274860752574;12:
> > Wait how is a November release bad?
>
> yeah,OP doesn’t justify this at all

I presume he either thinks it’s too late and wants it sooner or he doesn’t think it’ll be ready so thinks it needs to be later.

Given the anniversary context it might be he doesn’t want the 20th anniversary overshadowed by Infinite’s release?

> 2535414600922971;1:
> There seems to be indicating that infinite could release in November to celebrate halos 20 anniversary. While I don’t want this to happen I can certainly understand why many want it to happen

OP, care to clarify?

I admit that releasing on the 20th anniversary would be a romantic touch…

But Halo will already have enough hype to launch itself. If it’s ready in September / October they should go for it.

They could then use the November date to celebrate / promote the game. And maybe push a second wave of sales.

> 2585548714655118;16:
> I admit that releasing on the 20th anniversary would be a romantic touch…
>
> But Halo will already have enough hype to launch itself. If it’s ready in September / October they should go for it.
>
> They could then use the November date to celebrate / promote the game. And maybe push a second wave of sales.

Hey Darwi. Not seen you much… But I’ve been busy too, maybe I’ve been absent more.

Totally agree. It would be great to see the game launch on the anniversary of Halo, and personally I think it will, or very close to it. I think if the game is ready earlier they should go for it. 343i could always have events over the weekend leading up to the anniversary. Equally, if it’s not ready they should delay, but I have a feeling that won’t happen again.

I think although it would be really nostalgic to release Infinite in november for their 20 years celebration it’s also a possibility they will
release Infinite in september to sell enough copies for the holidays.

I think Halo Infinite is releasing on Halo: CE’s 20th B-day to bring a bigger audience, especially the older folks who think “Halo 1 and 2 are the only REAL Halos” (And yes, unfortunately, I know some). They’ve been hyping this game up since around late 2019, early 2020, and E3 was no surprise. I just hope they put it later to keep this hype train rolling.