Nov. 2012 NPD Results: Halo 4 failed hard.

Halo 4 just completely failed.

> 01. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (360, PS3, PC, Wii U) Activision Blizzard - 7.5M
>
> 02. Halo 4 (360) Microsoft - 3.2M (Reach and Halo 3 did 3.3 million)
>
> 03. Assassin’s Creed III (360, PS3, Wii U, PC) Ubisoft -2.9M (The previous three games did around 1.1-1.3 million in their opening month.)
>
> 04. Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, Wii U, PS3) Ubisoft
>
> 05. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U) Electronic Arts
>
> 06. Skylanders Giants (Wii, 360, Ps3, 3DS, Wii U) Activision Blizzard
>
> 07. Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012 (PS3, 360, PSV, PC) Electronic Arts - 509K (Hot Pursuit did 417K, and The Run did a fair bit worse than Hot Pursuit.)
>
> 08. NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, Wii U, PC) Take-Two Interactive
>
> 09. WWE 13 (360, PS3, Wii) THQ
>
> 10. FIFA Soccer 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, 3DS, Wii U, PSP) Electronic Arts
>
>
> Hardware:
>
> Xbox 360: 1.26M (-25.9%) - Nearly 2x every other console and more than Wii U + Wii combined.
>
> Nintendo 3DS: 540K (-32.1%)
>
> Nintendo Wii U: 425K Nintendo Wii: 420K (-51.1%)
>
> Nintendo DS: 370K (+5.7%)
>
> PlayStation Vita: 210K-225K

WOW. Wonder if 343 thought it was worth it. Killing the multiplayer identity trying to reach CoD like Sales, and still Halo 4 managed to sell less than prior Halos. Note, Halo Reach had 16 (or 17?) Days and sold 3.3 million. Halo 3 had 3 (or 4?) Days and sold 3.3 million. Halo 4 had more days than both combined (24 days) and still sold less this month. Pathetic 343. I doubt 4 million played this game day one.

Bomba.

100,000 different is a failure?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

You felt the need to post this why? God your are dumb!

> 100,000 different is a failure?

lol nope, don’t know what the op is on about.

> 100,000 different is a failure?

When you have twice the days to sell copies, and still sell less, after you had a bigger marketing and development cost, than yes, it is a failure.

Since when is selling 3.2 million a failure? Especially in such a tight recession? And lets not forget here for just one moment, that NPD only has statistics for the US mainland. It has zero sales figures for the rest of the world.

In short NPD’s report is not an accurate number of total sales worldwide.

Halo 4 made $220 million in it’s first 24 hours. Halo 3 made $170 million, and Reach had $200 million.

Also, it was #2 on the list behind CoD…nothing will ever sell as much as CoD because of it’s ridiculously huge fanbase now.

I would hardly call that failing.

funny how it failed when the game at the top of the list is on multiple platforms and should sell more copies.

He has a point. Microsoft wanted Halo 4 to return to the throne. It had the biggest hype any halo game has had, along wit the most expensive marketing scheme potentially any game has ever had, and in twice the amount of the 3 and reach had, it still sold less. As much as i love the game, its not hard to see why =(. I remain hopeful they listen to thier fans and fix the game for us, it can be perfect, they just need to listen

Halo 4 releases on the Xbox 360
Cod black ops releases on xbox/ps3/pc

uhmm yeah…

> Halo 4 made $220 million in it’s first 24 hours. Halo 3 made $170 million, and Reach had $200 million.
>
> Also, it was #2 on the list behind CoD…nothing will ever sell as much as CoD because of it’s ridiculously huge fanbase now.
>
> I would hardly call that failing.

Not to mention it’s on multiple systems.

Last numbers I saw were 4.4mil copies.

remember CoD is selling on more consoles…

The OP is comparing 4 to Reach and 3 he is not comparing it to COD.
For god’s sake if you are going to goof on him at least do it properly and know what he is talking about.

> Halo 4 made $220 million in it’s first 24 hours. Halo 3 made $170 million, and Reach had $200 million.
>
> Also, it was #2 on the list behind CoD…nothing will ever sell as much as CoD because of it’s ridiculously huge fanbase now.
>
> I would hardly call that failing.

Halo 4 also cost more than Halo 3 to develop and market, which was already an insanely high price ($60 million for Halo 3). Halo 4 probably made than Halo 3 did for Microsoft so far in the long run, and that’s pathetic. As more installment come, the fanbase and sales for a game should grow, not shrink. The Halo franchise is starting to face a decline in sales it seems, and I’m actually happy about that. I hope the people who dislike Halo 4 actually stick to their words and don’t buy Halo 5, and Halo 5 just bombs even worse.

> Since when is selling 3.2 million a failure? Especially in such a tight recession? And lets not forget here for just one moment, that NPD only has statistics for the US mainland. It has zero sales figures for the rest of the world.
>
>
> In short NPD’s report is not an accurate number of total sales worldwide.

Majority of the sales are COMING from America, in the UK Halo 4 sold less than Reach as well, but maybe more than Halo 3 if I remember, and other Countries like Japan don’t even matter lol because they don’t buy Xbox products.

> Last numbers I saw were 4.4mil copies.

Those are shipped. Shipping numbers=/= sales number. Also, where did you get those numbers? If VGChartz than lol.

> He has a point. Microsoft wanted Halo 4 to return to the throne. It had the biggest hype any halo game has had, along wit the most expensive marketing scheme potentially any game has ever had, and in twice the amount of the 3 and reach had, it still sold less. As much as i love the game, its not hard to see why =(. I remain hopeful they listen to thier fans and fix the game for us, it can be perfect, they just need to listen

ummm, halo 3 was wayyyyy more hyped than 4, so was reach, and 2.

Most expensive marketing? um no, they didn’t start advertising until about a week prior to launch, and I still have only seen about 3 tv ads for it.

twice as much time? also no, only about under a week more WITH BLOPS 2 COMING OUT A WEEK AFTER. You guys so convienently forget that don’t you? Most people are going to go for blops 2 than get 4 later. it’s expected.

> Halo 4 made $220 million in it’s first 24 hours. Halo 3 made $170 million, and Reach had $200 million.
>
> Also, it was #2 on the list behind CoD…nothing will ever sell as much as CoD because of it’s ridiculously huge fanbase now.
>
> I would hardly call that failing.

that and the fact CoD is on 3 platforms, whereas Halo 4 is on 1.

It got second place, and by by a slim margin.

Not to mention the first place winner likely only got that spot because it’s on 3 platforms as opposed to one.

A great comeback if you ask me.

Dude, what are you even grieving about?

I have to reaffirm what others have said, BOps II is on 4 platforms and only produced a little over the double of sales as Halo 4. If you multiplied 3.2 times 4 platforms that 12-13 million in sales.

Halo FTW!

> I have to reaffirm what others have said, BOps II is on 4 platforms and only produced a little over the double of sales as Halo 4. If you multiplied 3.2 times 4 platforms that 12-13 million in sales.
>
> Halo FTW!

I have to reaffirm what i posted just a couple posts ago…
<mark>He is comparing it to the sales numbers of Reach and 3 he is not comparing it to the sales number of COD.</mark>