Noticing some strange things......

So I was playing Skirmish the other day and I got a perfection. Yay for me right!? Well it didn’t count in the commendation and I know that I’m not just going crazy. I just now finished a match of Legendary Slayer (which is awesome btw) and I got an overkill with the sword. The overkill for some reason didn’t give me an extermination at all. It was their entire team of 4 people and I killed them all super fast so there’s no way it could have been the same guy again at all.

Is anyone else having similar oddities? Can anyone explain wtf is going on?

Thanks for reading!

Well the perfection wont count unless its slayer, stupid but I see their point in wanting people to play the objective. But at the same time im sure you could have done that in previous halos’.

No idea on the overkill though

> Well the perfection wont count unless its slayer, stupid but I see their point in wanting people to play the objective. But at the same time im sure you could have done that in previous halos’.
>
> No idea on the overkill though

That really sucks :frowning: Skirmish is one of my favorite playlists so it kinda sucks that I can’t even get my commendation done in there. I’m really curious about the extermination though.

It being slayer only is stupid since it doesnt say in the commendation section.

Heck they’ve gotten rid of so many medals im curious if exterminations even here, and think about it. Instant respawn? Thats going to make it impossible to get one unless you have an incen canon. Maybe the game was thinking you couldnt do it, extermination, so they didnt bother?

Sorry im rambling really… lol

To get an Extermination, you must kill every player on the opposing team at least once in the whole multikill, then have everyone on the opposing team dead at the exact same time. Good luck getting an Exterm with instant respawns…

But he was talking about legendary but that raises my thought on the game not being designed for it so they left it out, is the medal even in the game?

> But he was talking about legendary but that raises my thought on the game not being designed for it so they left it out, is the medal even in the game?

It is I’ve gotten it once before.

Been playing this since day 1 lol learn something new everyday

Exterminations were removed in halo 4 due to the fact that when the game launched almost all slayer playlists had instant respwan. and if you were playing an objective non slayer game type you cant get perfections.

> Exterminations were removed in halo 4 due to the fact that when the game launched almost all slayer playlists had instant respwan.

Explain to me then how I’ve gotten Exterminations mid-game.

> Exterminations were removed in halo 4 due to the fact that when the game launched almost all slayer playlists had instant respwan. and if you were playing an objective non slayer game type you cant get perfections.

People had and still get Exterms with instant respawn. They were never removed. Just look up some Swat Exterms.

Did the playlist have instant respawn? I think the whole team has to be at the respawn menu at once.

They still have the medal. You just have to kill the entire enemy team in one game.

> They still have the medal. You just have to kill the entire enemy team in one game.

Nope. Thats just what you have to do for the commendation thats also called Extermination.

The Extermination medal requires that you kill all members of the opposing team, with at least an Overkill multikill, and all players must be respawning at the same time for it to count. If the first player you killed respawns before the last enemy is killed, the Extermination medal doesn’t count.

See here

It has to be a slayer game for perfection. Not an objective game. Occasional, you may deserve a perfection, but if the host switches you will not get it. Been a problem in the series for a while.

> Even though you may deserve the perfection you will not get one if there is a host switch. Been a problem in the series for a while.

He was playing BTB Skirmish, which is an objective playlist. Perfections can only be earned in a Slayer game type.

> > Even though you may deserve the perfection you will not get one if there is a host switch. Been a problem in the series for a while.
>
> He was playing BTB Skirmish, which is an objective playlist. Perfections can only be earned in a Slayer game type.

Yea, just noticed that and was editing my post. Good catch as well.

I got Extermination Via Grifball. I thought it just meant you had to kill every member of the enemy team once, no specifics.

> I got Extermination Via Grifball. I thought it just meant you had to kill every member of the enemy team once, no specifics.

You are talking about the Extermination commendation, which is completely different from the Extermination medal.

To get points towards the Extermination commendation, you simply have to kill every member of the team at least once in a game, regardless of whether you die or get a killing spree/multikills.

To obtain the Extermination medal, you have kill every member of the opposing team, with at least an Overkill, before any of them respawn (i.e all on the respawn screen at the same time) IN A SLAYER GAME TYPE MATCH. I checked your stats and you do not have an Extermination medal.