Nothing But Unbiased Facts (Updated 10/06/2015)

Latest News from Game Informer Magazine:
Source Link
YouTube Video Link

Latest Images:
Game Informer has a H5 July cover story! :slight_smile:
Youtube link to coverage trailer
H5 Cover
Character shot 1 - Buck
Character shot 2 - Locke
Team Locke
Team Chief
Art shot 1
Art shot 2

Confirmed Facts:

• Whether playing as Chief or Locke, you’re accompanied by a fireteam of 3 A.I. which you can command/issue orders to in the campaign - Highlighting an enemy and hitting up on the D-Pad orders your team to assault an enemy - Other commands include picking up certain weapons, using turrets, driving warthog, etc - AI teammates can revive you as well - Confirmed: Linda, Kelly, and Fred join the Chief - Game starts out before Chief is on the run - Audio has been heavily reworked from the ground up for Xbox One (bullet sounds, debris, etc) - 8 months after Halo 4 ends, cataclysmic events are tearing apart star systems, these are tied to the Guardians (Forerunner entities shown in the first teaser trailer) - Game Informer played the second mission, taking command of Chief and Blue Team to take back an ONI research vessel abandoned for 2 years - Locke’s team is described as having more advanced tech than Blue Team, members use the “ATS” (Artermis Tracking System) on their armor to bring out points of interests in levels - Team banter replaces interactions with Cortana to flesh out the characters - There are multiple routes to take in levels/multiple ways to tackle objectives - Difficulty scales to the number of co-op players - The zealous religious Covenant are slowly abandoning Jul M’dama’s leadership from Halo 4 - Spoilers: Cortana’s silhouette is seen by the Chief after he’s separated from Blue Team, she says: “John, the domain is open. Meridian is next. You only have 3 days, John. The Reclamation is about to begin.” - XBL Gold is not required for online co-op. - Halo 5 will launch with over 20 multiplayer maps - 15 DLC maps by June 2016 - All maps will be free - Teases a “completely new, epic multiplayer experience” they’ll reveal at E3. Incorporates “all aspects of the Halo sandbox for the first time ever” - This MP experience is described as a “dream of ours and all our fans to build something like this”
    GENERAL

• still red vs. blue - shields remain at top mid of screen - even abilities all the time - radar and no radar setting shown, radar remains at bottom left - 4PM - playtest everyday. - pro team - go to resource e.g. callouts - callouts all created by pro team at 343i - Perfect Kill = new medal for perfect 4 shot kill - descope returns - game text feed on bottom right - personal text feed on bottom left - new slayer gametype - no more ordnances - power weapons on static timers - can carry 2 primary weapons (no mods/packages needed) - medals feed now middle bottom of screen - appears to be a faster pace overall - Carry 2 frags and 2 plasma grenades - new spectator mode - 5 seconds respawn for normal deathMAPS

• Truth = Midship remake - New map shown, simulation design styleSPARTAN ABILITIES

• Thruster (works multi direction) - Ground pound - Clamber (really hard ledge grabs work like classic crouch jumps for good players) - Slide (full sprint velocity then crouch to slide) - Charge (full sprint velocity then melee to slide) - Sprint (while sprinting shield does not recharge, must walk or stop to recharge) - Smart scope (hip fire accurate, no penalty to movement), allows descopeWEAPONS

• AR - sniper - pistol - rocket thingy - battle rifle (2X zoom) - dmr - SMG - Prophets Bane - new energy sword and you get increased movement and lungeBETA

• Begins 29th DEC 2014 and ends 18th JAN 2015 - all about new arena experience - beta for feedback of balancing, maps, exploits, weapon, abilities - nerfed first: thruster pack (quinn), ground pound (josh) - the DEC beta will include a basic version of the new spectator mode

> Older news from E3

Confirmed Details

1. Watch the teaser trailer (2mins 14 secs).
  2. The award winning franchise continues on Xbox One, beginning in 2014. Confirmed by HaloWaypoint & David Ellis on twitter. Also confirmed in the video hosted on Waypoint.
  3. Final title to be announced at a later date, written on HaloWaypoint under the reveal video.
  4. Dedicated servers confirmed by Bonnie Ross presentation at E3.
  5. 60 frames per second (fps) confirmed by Bonnie Ross presentation at E3.
  6. Master Chief is masking his appearance on purpose (with a cloth cloak), confirmed by Frankie on NeoGAF.
  7. Halo Xbox One confirmed as the official title by bs Angel. The Corrine Yu Tweet and any other media such as official Xbox Facebook page or Forbes website as inaccurate with the title of Halo 5. We await the official title release still.
  8. John has the same Halo 4 armour, now has a crack in the right side of visor. Screenshot
  9. Empty Cortana data chip in John’s hand. Screenshot
  10. Red planet fairly close in skybox of video. Screenshot
  11. Massive Forerunner-looking robot comes to the surface (possibly a War Sphynx?). Screenshot
  12. Strange shadows cast when logos are shown at the end.
  13. Music for the trailer was by Kazuma Jinnouchi @ 343i, confirmed by Frankie on NeoGAF.
  14. Thx Phynkesia for posting this in the Halo Xbox One forums (found by frenchfryjordan:
    “While we originally said trilogy, we’ve actually expanded this to more of a saga, so we don’t want to limit the Reclaimer story within a trilogy.”

CURRENT PRESS & MEDIA

NEWS ARTICLES

1. Polygon
  2. Edge Online
  3. Gamespot
  4. Wired
  5. Halo Wikia
  6. Kotaku
  7. Forbes
  8. IGN
  9. IGN Wikia
  10. Eurogamer
  11. Yahoo Games
  12. Joystiq
  13. Team Beyond
  14. Game Informer
  15. Official Xbox Magazine (OXM)

OFFICIAL 343i & XBOX SOCIAL MEDIA

1. @HaloWaypoint
  2. @Xbox
  3. Twitch TV
  4. @bsAngel
  5. @JoshingtonState
  6. @DavidEllis
  7. @BravoMLG
  8. @QuinnDelHoyo
  9. tumblr

RUMOUR COLLECTION
This section is NOT facts but a collection of rumours

UPDATE 20th DEC 2013:
NeoGAF Source Link (Frankie’s wishlist joke post)

> -Focus on classic Halo fundamentals
> -Bigger setpieces (h3 Scarabs not Reach Scarabs!)
> -Cull all weapons except CE pistol
> -Grenades drop CE pistols instead of exploding
> -Take advantage of growing dubstep scene for weapon sounds

1. Halo Xbox One is going to use the Azure cloud for graphics processing.

2. Mendicant Bias is the machine coming out of the sand.

3. A Forerunner Seeker or War Sphynx is coming out of the sand.

4. The location is The Ark, greater or smaller ark? Thx to M0aHerder The Greater Ark was destroyed before the rings were fired. The Lesser Ark, however, is only damaged and there are still habitable sections.

5. A headset is rumoured to come with the Xbox One bundle. (Thx Teh Epic Lawlz)

A few cloud speculations off the top of my head:

1. No host migration & no black screen waiting while host changes. There is no host to quit out.

2. No interrupted game statistics, all your Waypoint statistics will be accurate and not inaccurate due to host migrations or host quitting etc.

3. More interactive maps as the synchronisation between players is easier with cloud/dedicated servers.

4. Faster updates to playlists/game settings, potentially even behind the scenes with no waiting to download updates by players.

5. Far less host advantage in game.

6. Improved regional player matching and therefore higher quality game experiences.

7. Far more simultaneous player per game e.g. 32 or 64 or 128 players in one match.

8. Coop play could reduce or eliminate input latency e.g. campaign coop or spartan ops or firefight could be buttery smooth while allowing far more detail in maps or interactive elements.

9. Seamless matchmaking like Destiny done in game in real time.

10. “Smart Match” background matchmaking as X1 advertise so you can do other things while searching for specific games/modes etc.

11. Potentially a custom playlist search or community published content in real time.

12. Potentially cloud processing of background AI, persistent or shared world(s).

13. Potentially cloud processing of graphics using a Level of Detail (LOD) system so things in use or on screen or close to the player or done on the console where all other things about to come into view or off screen etc are preloaded or calculated by the cloud.

14. Things like ghost players e.g. mario kart time trials or Forza Drivatar etc.

15. New game settings, tweaks, patches, content, maps, playlists etc can be added by developers in real time without the need for patches or download waiting etc.

16. Far less cheating e.g. no host bridging, no bandwidth throttling, no standby, no purposeful host quitting, anti-boosting/banhammer improvements etc.

17. In game ranks meaning far more e.g. statistics are far more accurate do to accuracy and reliability of no client host or host migrations or split games etc.

18. There is also potential for a hybrid system with cloud hosting and P2P (peer to peer e.g. Xbox Live on 360). This is being done with Call of Duty Ghosts and could likely appear in Halo as well. Just in case the cloud Azure datacentres and Content Distribution Networks (CDNs) aren’t local to you it may benefit some international players to remain on P2P in place of overseas dedicated servers.

19. Automated clip saving in the cloud, save game sharing, access from multiple devices, game streaming to tablets or mobiles.

20. Spin off games like Spartan Assault or RTS that contribute in real time back to a Halo FPS multiplayer game e.g. Dust/Eve online.

21. Dedicated servers are just that, fixed into a location with specific resources, settings and geolocation etc. Cloud based systems to the global scale of Azure/Compute provide redundancy (no fall back playlists), scalable performance as needed and where (e.g. Australia get lots of players online at differing times/days to the USA and this will automatically be catered for). Servers don’t need to go offline like Halo 2 PC servers as cloud scales up or down as needed.

22. Potentially shared party viewing of saved games or screenshots etc. Cloud or dedicated servers enable these sorts of services far better than P2P. So being in a party with 3 other mates you could watch your campaign or multiplayer game together without the slow loading or skipping of frames etc. This could be a real benefit.

23. Far more storage for saving or potentially editing game videos to the cloud. Again could access this from multiple devices or view with multiple people on multiple devices etc.

Way to go Ozzy, stickied fact resources are always good to have on hand at the top of the page. :]

Not a fact though, just a suggestion:

It is stated that Mendicant Bias was buried deep in a desert on the Ark in Rebirth.

Wait I think I see something… 2:14 + 0 = 2014. Release date confirmed! Oh wait… They already confirmed that… :frowning:

> Way to go Ozzy, stickied fact resources are always good to have on hand at the top of the page. :]

Thanks, I wasn’t trying to steal the sticky as there have been some other good fact threads. OP’s feel free to PM or reply here to keep this up to date. Tomorrow I will add some sections to video or articles etc as well.

> Not a fact though, just a suggestion:
>
> It is stated that Mendicant Bias was buried deep in a desert on the Ark in Rebirth.

Where was that stated? I can’t seem to recall that one, was it Cryptum?

> Wait I think I see something… 2:14 + 0 = 2014. Release date confirmed! Oh wait… They already confirmed that… :frowning:

You got my LOL!

I’m going to take your word on it, however, I do doubt this:

> 4. Dedicated servers confirmed.

Can you provide the source for this information please?

Nothing but unbiased facts? But where are the links of articles, not just videos, discussing the facts we first learned at the Reveal?

I know you have stated that you will be adding later on today. I hope you will include some articles and reviews. Thank you for taking the time to put something like this together, and keeping it updated.

I look forward to see what you put together, and the discussions it will bring.

> I’m going to take your word on it, however, I do doubt this:
>
>
> > 4. Dedicated servers confirmed.
>
> Can you provide the source for this information please?

Hey I just found this. Game Front Xbox One

Bonnie Ross e3 speech

> Bonnie Ross e3 speech

I love the way his helmet looks at the end.

-in Rebirth

-IN REBIRTH

EDIT: No quote for some reason.

> > Not a fact though, just a suggestion:
> >
> > It is stated that Mendicant Bias was buried deep in a desert on the Ark in Rebirth.
>
> Where was that stated? I can’t seem to recall that one, was it Cryptum?

Rebirth is a prologue to Silentium that was released through codes that you can enter on Waypoint.

Thanks for making this, man! Although, I believe the forerunner machine shown in the trailer is a Seeker, a more advanced and effective generation of forerunner combat vehicles that outdates the War Sphinx.

Although I think we can all agree War Sphinx sounds so much cooler :P.

> Thanks for making this, man! Although, I believe the forerunner machine shown in the trailer is a Seeker, a more advanced and effective generation of forerunner combat vehicles that outdates the War Sphinx.
>
> Although I think we can all agree War Sphinx sounds so much cooler :P.

Nope. I think we can all agree that it looks like the Cosmic Owl from Adventure Time…

I’m gonna support the theory that Chief is on the Ark and that is Mendicant Bias.

Remember that MB is supposedly the only AI to progress PAST rampancy, was highly fragmented, something of an expert on AIs (been one for thousands of years), and is probably the most advanced “mind” in the galaxy. Makes sense that Chief would seek him out if he is trying to figure out how to restore Cortana.

I’m curious to see when they pull the Rubicon and satellite galaxy (figure that’s where Guilty Spark was heading) into the games. Might also be forerunners there (Precursors would have been wiped out by the directed Halo pulse).

All of this will require a large amount of exposition to explain though. They really want the larger fiction universe to tie back into the games, but you also don’t want people that only play the games to be scratching their heads.

Awesome, thanks for doing this!

What exactly are dedicated servers? I’m not much of a techy, but all I know is that it’s better than… normal servers?

> What exactly are dedicated servers? I’m not much of a techy, but all I know is that it’s better than… normal servers?

No host system, dedicated servers host the game for your and everybody connects to them.

It usually no Host advantage and more stable connection for multiplayer.