Not very pleased with Community update

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/community-battlegrounds
CQB is making a return in and is getting its own armor.
We’re getting a reskin of a gravity hammer and named it as Tarturus’ Gavel? I thought we were going to get something closer to what he used in Halo 2. I guess not all are exact. ( Edit: Tarturus’ gavel is actually a special Gravity hammer given to special Brutes. This is not the hammer he uses.)
Here’s something really interesting, the Hannibal scorpion tank uses a spartan laser instead. Well damn. And the Hannibal mantis uses a gauss cannon… Wow, now I see why the company is called Hannibal…
It seems like we are getting less reqs this time. Not sure if thats a good thing since we got more maps for BTB and Griffball.
However new vehicles and the description of what they can do, sounds like Warzone is about to get much more hectic, especially for Firefight.
A very well blanked Legendary Mythic armor set… I wonder what it might be.
Overall this update might not be about the amount of reqs we’re getting but more of improving the game which is why they are pushing it until early April. Hopefully they are outstanding improvements.

It is just an update/article to me, I won’t judge until the actual update arrives. Could be new gametypes that they want to surprise us with or bring back to add variety.

I’m sorry but that is nothing close to CQB, I do agree with the mythic hammer though, THAT is laziness

6 BTB maps alone is a great dlc drop for me already…it’ll keep me smiling for months…could be some great surprises when it actually drops.

> 2533274974695300;3:
> I’m sorry but that is nothing close to CQB, I do agree with the mythic hammer though, THAT is laziness

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-close-quartersDynast Helmet: “Having in many ways effectively replaced older CQB and CQB designs, the DYNAST helmet shell is covered by layers of compressed carbon nanotubes and hyperdiamond sheets, making it fantastically durable . . . and expensive.”

> 2535450338866299;4:
> 6 BTB maps alone is a great dlc drop for me already…it’ll keep me smiling for months…could be some great surprises when it actually drops.

Forge maps aren’t dlc.

Yeah this is shaping up to be a major bust. I mean they even slapped this new mark V alpha variant at the top, what a joke

> 2533274831534658;6:
> > 2535450338866299;4:
> > 6 BTB maps alone is a great dlc drop for me already…it’ll keep me smiling for months…could be some great surprises when it actually drops.
>
>
> Forge maps aren’t dlc.

I agree forge maps aren’t DLC unless 343I worked on them ALOT as well.

This is the part of the update I’m most interested in

> Ghosts of Meridian will bring with it not only new maps, vehicles, weapons, weapon skins, armors, helmets, emblems, and more, but also game updates such as Forge improvements, multiplayer adjustments for both Warzone and Arena, sandbox and weapon updates (such as Spartan Laser tuning), UI updates, and more. Teams across the studio are wrapping up the release, and we’ll keep you updated as work completes and we get ready to send this sucker out the door

I wonder what they are going to do… Spartan Laser in Arena player needs a buff for sure. Make it more like Halo 3. Oh please, please, PLEASE fix the UI!! It’s terrible in Halo 5.

I swear to god if these “weapon updates” change the magnum…

> 2533274921838152;7:
> Yeah this is shaping up to be a major bust. I mean they even slapped this new mark V alpha variant at the top, what a joke

I mean the armor looks good, just not the Helmet.

> 2535409103705542;10:
> > 2533274921838152;7:
> > Yeah this is shaping up to be a major bust. I mean they even slapped this new mark V alpha variant at the top, what a joke
>
>
> I mean the armor looks good, just not the Helmet.

I just mean theyre putting it up there like its a big deal, its not new and no one even liked that armor set, it was a horrible remake of a good armor set

> 2533274921838152;11:
> > 2535409103705542;10:
> > > 2533274921838152;7:
> > > Yeah this is shaping up to be a major bust. I mean they even slapped this new mark V alpha variant at the top, what a joke
> >
> >
> > I mean the armor looks good, just not the Helmet.
>
>
> I just mean theyre putting it up there like its a big deal, its not new and no one even liked that armor set, it was a horrible remake of a good armor set

I was really disappointed with this update and why Mark V Alpha why not Mark IV or at least some better armor or another new one that’s not Mark V Alpha.

> 2533274921838152;11:
> > 2535409103705542;10:
> > > 2533274921838152;7:
> > > Yeah this is shaping up to be a major bust. I mean they even slapped this new mark V alpha variant at the top, what a joke
> >
> >
> > I mean the armor looks good, just not the Helmet.
>
>
> I just mean theyre putting it up there like its a big deal, its not new and no one even liked that armor set, it was a horrible remake of a good armor set

Right right. Guess we will have to see when they reveal more.

> 2533274921838152;9:
> I swear to god if these “weapon updates” change the magnum…

don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!

That hammer that is supposed to be Tartarus’s own hammer is really disappointing. I thought it would at least resemble the hammer in Halo 2, but nope. Just different skin.

> 2535409103705542;5:
> > 2533274974695300;3:
> > I’m sorry but that is nothing close to CQB, I do agree with the mythic hammer though, THAT is laziness
>
>
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-close-quartersDynast Helmet: “Having in many ways effectively replaced older CQB and CQB designs, the DYNAST helmet shell is covered by layers of compressed carbon nanotubes and hyperdiamond sheets, making it fantastically durable . . . and expensive.”

I’m going by looks, not description. It does not look like CQB

> 2533274857577417;15:
> That hammer that is supposed to be Tartarus’s own hammer is really disappointing. I thought it would at least resemble the hammer in Halo 2, but nope. Just different skin.

Its not his hammer, read the cannon fodder for this week. It explains a lot more