Not using specialization perks in settings

When you try to setup pre set loadouts for a custom game you aren’t able to use the perks you earn from specializations. Why is that?

Why… well… what a mystery that is.

Why can’t you use Fast Track for predefined loadouts so that others without FT can boost in customs or forge?

It’s a measure that sacrificed one for all.

> Why… well… what a mystery that is.
>
> Why can’t you use Fast Track for predefined loadouts so that others without FT can boost in customs or forge?
>
> It’s a measure that sacrificed one for all.

But you can already earn 1000 exp in customs. That’s almost 5x the amount in Reach. I’m sure they could make it that Fast Track isn’t heavily influenced in Customs or just remove the perk altogether to prevent boosting.

> Why… well… what a mystery that is.
>
> Why can’t you use Fast Track for predefined loadouts so that others without FT can boost in customs or forge?
>
> It’s a measure that sacrificed one for all.

I’m pretty sure the OP means why can’t people who have already unlocked the specializations use them in Custom Games.

> I’m pretty sure the OP means why can’t people who have already unlocked the specializations use them in Custom Games.

Yes exactly, but what you imply doesn’t mean I’m incorrect.

> …try to setup pre set loadouts for a custom game…

Yes he is talking about that. It’s a common circumstance and understood by the function of the game. Most players will never possibly achieve 130 unless they have specialization codes etc. (The ranks in this game are hugely pointless anyway).

This is layers and layers of security guards all for the matter to prevent any kind of boosting. I understand this is stupid, and I disagree, but I am just explaining the reasons.

They killed boosting merely by placing an noncompetitive system. And then everyone else suffers from the same restrictions forge users alikely have aswell.

Agreed. I wanted to make a Halo 2 Slayer gametype, but couldn’t pick Operator for the Specializations that players would spawn with. I just hate how OP the Plasma Pistol becomes.