Not understanding what 343 is doing with rank

They say that our rank/skill is only visible to yourself. When you watch killcams after you die, well there’s his rank for me to see. ???

You can see their rank in the killcams?

Rank != Skill
Rank is an indicator of how much you have played.

Oh yeah I see now it is on the top never noticed that.

Thanks for mentioning it.

There are two ranking systems in Halo 4.

One is a public one, and it is based on Experience, and not skill.

The other is private, and is based on Skill instead of Experience.

> There are two ranking systems in Halo 4.
>
> One is a public one, and it is based on Experience, and not skill.
>
> The other is private, and is based on Skill instead of Experience.

Basically you can see your skill rating, but nobody else can?

Bad memory.

> > There are two ranking systems in Halo 4.
> >
> > One is a public one, and it is based on Experience, and not skill.
> >
> > The other is private, and is based on Skill instead of Experience.
>
> Basically you can see your skill rating, but nobody else can?
>
> Bad memory.

No. Your skill rating is no visible to anyone. Not even yourself. Only Rank is visible.

Okay.

Can’t remember half the stuff that was talked about when it came to skill and rank stuff.

That makes perfect -Yoinking!- sense If EVEN I can’t see my skill .

Frankie - “We’ll talk more about, ugh, options that are available to people who are obsessed with their skill ranking. Ugh, later on and closer to launch.”

> Frankie - “We’ll talk more about, ugh, options that are available to people who are obsessed with their skill ranking. Ugh, later on and closer to launch.”

Is that real because that’s a slap in the face.

> > Frankie - “We’ll talk more about, ugh, options that are available to people who are obsessed with their skill ranking. Ugh, later on and closer to launch.”
>
> Is that real because that’s a slap in the face.

Yeh it is. But I wouldnt worry about it. COD BO2 will have a system similiar to H3’s

So you can bet H4 will have one too

> > Frankie - “We’ll talk more about, ugh, options that are available to people who are obsessed with their skill ranking. Ugh, later on and closer to launch.”
>
> Is that real because that’s a slap in the face.

Yeah it’s real, it was taking from the Eurogamer Expo when he did a q&a after his campaign run thru. I kept it for threads like this one. xP

Here’s the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ka747pDbxC0#t=1859s

> > > Frankie - “We’ll talk more about, ugh, options that are available to people who are obsessed with their skill ranking. Ugh, later on and closer to launch.”
> >
> > Is that real because that’s a slap in the face.
>
> Yeah it’s real, it was taking from the Eurogamer Expo when he did a q&a after his campiagn run thru. I kept for threads like this one. xP

I’m not one to over react and say I’m not not buying Halo 4 but comments like that make me want to buy used from gamestop, which I never do, just so I’m not supporting this idiot.

I think perhaps Frankie’s tone was as such because players are not being patient and he’s sick of being pestered about it.

Either way you’re going to be playing and supporting him and their game. Anyway, I posted the link in my previous reply if you would like to see the q&a for yourself.

> > > Frankie - “We’ll talk more about, ugh, options that are available to people who are obsessed with their skill ranking. Ugh, later on and closer to launch.”
> >
> > Is that real because that’s a slap in the face.
>
> Yeah it’s real, it was taking from the Eurogamer Expo when he did a q&a after his campaign run thru. I kept it for threads like this one. xP
>
> Here’s the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ka747pDbxC0#t=1859s

Now that we have that link, NOW we can take it in context. Those were CLEARLY “uh’s” not “ugh’s”.

He was trailing, not speaking with disdain. I’d edit that quote now.

> > > > Frankie - “We’ll talk more about, ugh, options that are available to people who are obsessed with their skill ranking. Ugh, later on and closer to launch.”
> > >
> > > Is that real because that’s a slap in the face.
> >
> > Yeah it’s real, it was taking from the Eurogamer Expo when he did a q&a after his campaign run thru. I kept it for threads like this one. xP
> >
> > Here’s the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ka747pDbxC0#t=1859s
>
> Now that we have that link, NOW we can take it in context. Those were CLEARLY “uh’s” not “ugh’s”.
>
> He was trailing, not speaking with disdain. I’d edit that quote now.

His use of the obsessed would signify otherwise.

> > > > > Frankie - “We’ll talk more about, ugh, options that are available to people who are obsessed with their skill ranking. Ugh, later on and closer to launch.”
> > > >
> > > > Is that real because that’s a slap in the face.
> > >
> > > Yeah it’s real, it was taking from the Eurogamer Expo when he did a q&a after his campaign run thru. I kept it for threads like this one. xP
> > >
> > > Here’s the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ka747pDbxC0#t=1859s
> >
> > Now that we have that link, NOW we can take it in context. Those were CLEARLY “uh’s” not “ugh’s”.
> >
> > He was trailing, not speaking with disdain. I’d edit that quote now.
>
> His use of the obsessed would signify otherwise.

Exactly. So the “ugh’s” will stay. XP

> There are two ranking systems in Halo 4.
>
> One is a public one, and it is based on Experience, and not skill.
>
> The other is private, and is based on Skill instead of Experience.

Source?