Not that many weapons in Halo 5

So i know we haven’t gotten a look at the full game but im talking the weapons we got to see in all the released footage of gameplay. Im not seeing the plasma rifle, yet the SMG makes a return which is basically it’s counterpart. Or the beam rifle, or the concusion rifle. Maybe the plasma caster is replacing it? Or at least some old weapons just to throw in some variety like the gravity hammer, or the needle rifle, or a sentinel beam. Hell i dont know. The UNSC weapons look plentiful but i dont understand why 343i chose to bring the SAW back? I thought they fixed that awful mistake with the SMG, a good classic balanced weapon. The Hydra as a new weapon is fun to use thankfully. So i would say they did great with the UNSC weapons.

But it wouldn’t be a weapon discussion if i were to exclude just how terrible that scope on the BR looks. And i dont like because of the same old excuse that “it looks like its from COD.” Hell the scope on every halo BR bungie made looks like an ACOG scope but thats not the point. That scope it just so ugle and not fitting for the BR. The halo 4 scope looks good. And do i even need to mention this new rocket launcher? Just thank god they’re bringing back the old spnkr model.

But anyway snyone got any information on anymore other weapons? I dont to lose hope

in some warzone footage i saw someone picked up a carbine, but that only lasted about a minute and same for the plasma repeater so not much to go on there, we know from the beta that the light rifle is a tier two weapon (somewhere between spawn weapons and power weapons) so im going to assume that the carbine is as well. but you’re right, the majority of weapons seen in released footage are human, but that’s to be expected as most footage is arena and what little warzone was shown they opted to show people the weapons they’ll be familiar with. hopefully in a weeks time at pax we will see more, so cross your fingers. if not i’m not worried, it’ll just be more fun learning where everything fits into the sandbox and how

Yeah I really dislike the SAW, just bad weapon design to be honest, so easy that noobies love it though unfortunately.

Would love to see the gravity hammer return, i’d say it’s almost NEEDED for the griffball folk.

Not fussed about the pro-pipe, railgun and focus rifle not returning. But at the same time I did love using those guns in Reach. Liked the Needle Rifle too.

They’ve done a great job making the Promethean weapons actually useful and interesting and different now. Boltshot and Suppressor bullets track targets now and the Lightrifle is a brilliant support rifle. It’s a three shot kill while scoped (each shot does half someone’s sheild) meaning it’s ridiculously good for cross map teamshooting.

BR Scope looks great to me, I love it. Besides, with REQ packs, you can get the old ACOGesque scope back for your BR, in fact if you preorder you get the “sential BR” unlocked. Cosmetic REQ items can be used in Arena.

Where has it been confirmed that SPNKR is coming back? (I know it will probs be a REQ thing for sure at the least).

> 2533274805962294;3:
> Yeah I really dislike the SAW, just bad weapon design to be honest, so easy that noobies love it though unfortunately.
>
> Would love to see the gravity hammer return, i’d say it’s almost NEEDED for the griffball folk.
>
> Not fussed about the pro-pipe, railgun and focus rifle not returning. But at the same time I did love using those guns in Reach. Liked the Needle Rifle too.
>
> They’ve done a great job making the Promethean weapons actually useful and interesting and different now. Boltshot and Suppressor bullets track targets now and the Lightrifle is a brilliant support rifle. It’s a three shot kill while scoped (each shot does half someone’s sheild) meaning it’s ridiculously good for cross map teamshooting.
>
> BR Scope looks great to me, I love it. Besides, with REQ packs, you can get the old ACOGesque scope back for your BR, in fact if you preorder you get the “sential BR” unlocked. Cosmetic REQ items can be used in Arena.
>
> Where has it been confirmed that SPNKR is coming back? (I know it will probs be a REQ thing for sure at the least).

The original rocket launcher will come back as a Legendary weapon.

I just want my sticky detonator back

> 2533274805962294;3:
> Yeah I really dislike the SAW, just bad weapon design to be honest, so easy that noobies love it though unfortunately.
>
> Would love to see the gravity hammer return, i’d say it’s almost NEEDED for the griffball folk.
>
> Not fussed about the pro-pipe, railgun and focus rifle not returning. But at the same time I did love using those guns in Reach. Liked the Needle Rifle too.
>
> They’ve done a great job making the Promethean weapons actually useful and interesting and different now. Boltshot and Suppressor bullets track targets now and the Lightrifle is a brilliant support rifle. It’s a three shot kill while scoped (each shot does half someone’s sheild) meaning it’s ridiculously good for cross map teamshooting.
>
> BR Scope looks great to me, I love it. Besides, with REQ packs, you can get the old ACOGesque scope back for your BR, in fact if you preorder you get the “sential BR” unlocked. Cosmetic REQ items can be used in Arena.
>
> Where has it been confirmed that SPNKR is coming back? (I know it will probs be a REQ thing for sure at the least).

Agreed. Promethean weapons are now usefull and not generic. They have their own spin to them. They’re now unique. And agreed about the focus rifle, stupid to begin with. I enjoyed the railgun for a little but the hydra is a good replacement.

WAIT?! WHAT? I get to use a different BR thats only effected cosmetically in ARENA?!?!?!?! I need proof of this sir. It sounds too good to be true

Beam rifle was seen on Colosseum during Gamescom.

Honestly there are too many. There is far too much overlap and redundancy, not that it is a new problem in Halo, just a persistent one.

I have no idea how you could say that their are not that many weapons. Of course not every weapon ever to appear in the series has returned(that is to be expected), but the vast majority of niches of past weapons are already filled and we still have not seen everything in action. Its likely that there will be a covenant sniper(be it a beam rifle or focus rifle or something new) and the binary rifle. Just because we have not seen it pre-release does not mean it doesn’t exist.

As for more specific complaints of the OP. The Storm Rifle is the replacement for plasma rifle, plasma caster is likely a concussion replacement. Gravity Hammer is practically guaranteed because of grifball. There are several weapons we know to exist but have not seen gameplay of such as the scattershot. In terms of shear numbers there is nothing to complain about.

> 2533274883849234;5:
> I just want my sticky detonator back

Screw the sticky derponator. Give us the grenade launcher from Reach. THAT was an excellent power weapon design.

> 2533274913936758;9:
> > 2533274883849234;5:
> > I just want my sticky detonator back
>
>
> Screw the sticky derponator. Give us the grenade launcher from Reach. THAT was an excellent power weapon design.

Agreed. If you were good with the pro pipe, people were worried. A blind monkey could use the sticky detonator.

> 2533274819446242;8:
> Honestly there are too many. There is far too much overlap and redundancy, not that it is a new problem in Halo, just a persistent one.
>
> I have no idea how you could say that their are not that many weapons. Of course not every weapon ever to appear in the series has returned(that is to be expected), but the vast majority of niches of past weapons are already filled and we still have not seen everything in action. Its likely that there will be a covenant sniper(be it a beam rifle or focus rifle or something new) and the binary rifle. Just because we have not seen it pre-release does not mean it doesn’t exist.
>
> As for more specific complaints of the OP. The Storm Rifle is the replacement for plasma rifle, plasma caster is likely a concussion replacement. Gravity Hammer is practically guaranteed because of grifball. There are several weapons we know to exist but have not seen gameplay of such as the scattershot. In terms of shear numbers there is nothing to complain about.

Well the UNSC has the assualt rifle, smg, and SAW. I dont see why maybe a plasma rifle or even a plasma reapter return? They also have a Battle rifle and DMR so how about a needle rifle to counter the DMR. Each of those weapons were so unique in their own way. Not to mention just the awesome design of them all. Its the next generation is there no reason to expect more? Variety helps believe or not even if think a generic looking storm rifle might be enough.

> 2533274887515153;10:
> > 2533274913936758;9:
> > > 2533274883849234;5:
> > > I just want my sticky detonator back
> >
> >
> > Screw the sticky derponator. Give us the grenade launcher from Reach. THAT was an excellent power weapon design.
>
>
> Agreed. If you were good with the pro pipe, people were worried. A blind monkey could use the sticky detonator.

I take offense to this

> 2533274887515153;10:
> > 2533274913936758;9:
> > > 2533274883849234;5:
> > > I just want my sticky detonator back
> >
> >
> > Screw the sticky derponator. Give us the grenade launcher from Reach. THAT was an excellent power weapon design.
>
>
> Agreed. If you were good with the pro pipe, people were worried. A blind monkey could use the sticky detonator.

Id be fine with both. Pro pipe was more useful, but the sticky detonator was hilarious fun. Turning teammates into kamikaze blinking red unicorns was a blast… pun intended.

> 2533274813071248;6:
> > 2533274805962294;3:
> > Yeah I really dislike the SAW, just bad weapon design to be honest, so easy that noobies love it though unfortunately.
> >
> > Would love to see the gravity hammer return, i’d say it’s almost NEEDED for the griffball folk.
> >
> > Not fussed about the pro-pipe, railgun and focus rifle not returning. But at the same time I did love using those guns in Reach. Liked the Needle Rifle too.
> >
> > They’ve done a great job making the Promethean weapons actually useful and interesting and different now. Boltshot and Suppressor bullets track targets now and the Lightrifle is a brilliant support rifle. It’s a three shot kill while scoped (each shot does half someone’s sheild) meaning it’s ridiculously good for cross map teamshooting.
> >
> > BR Scope looks great to me, I love it. Besides, with REQ packs, you can get the old ACOGesque scope back for your BR, in fact if you preorder you get the “sential BR” unlocked. Cosmetic REQ items can be used in Arena.
> >
> > Where has it been confirmed that SPNKR is coming back? (I know it will probs be a REQ thing for sure at the least).
>
>
> Agreed. Promethean weapons are now usefull and not generic. They have their own spin to them. They’re now unique. And agreed about the focus rifle, stupid to begin with. I enjoyed the railgun for a little but the hydra is a good replacement.
>
> WAIT?! WHAT? I get to use a different BR thats only effected cosmetically in ARENA?!?!?!?! I need proof of this sir. It sounds too good to be true

Got a link for ya.

> 2533274813071248;11:
> Well the UNSC has the assualt rifle, smg, and SAW. I dont see why maybe a plasma rifle or even a plasma reapter return? They also have a Battle rifle and DMR so how about a needle rifle to counter the DMR. Each of those weapons were so unique in their own way. Not to mention just the awesome design of them all. Its the next generation is there no reason to expect more? Variety helps believe or not even if think a generic looking storm rifle might be enough.

Yeah, that’s not a good thing that the UNSC has AR, SMG and a SAW and a BR, DMR. They already are functionally identical and they add nothing but superficial variety. They really are not unique enough from a mechanical perspective to justify their addition. When it comes to creating a well balanced and functionally diverse sandbox less is more.

That aside, my point was that relative to past Halo sandboxes there is nothing to complain about in terms of shear number of weapons. The number of weapons has nothing to do with technology present as there are plenty of games in this past generation had far larger weapons sets technically speaking. The limitation doesn’t come from technology, it comes from time and resources of the developers. It is quite frankly a childish notion that a developer can just add in entirely separate weapons with no regard to quality control or development time.

I think there are a good amount of weapons present in the game right now. I can only imagine how much work it is to balance weapons in games, even just one extra weapon. I wouldn’t be opposed to more weapons, but if no more are added, I’m not going to complain. I hope they add more vehicles into warzone though (hornet for instance?)

> 2533274805962294;14:
> > 2533274813071248;6:
> > > 2533274805962294;3:
> > > Yeah I really dislike the SAW, just bad weapon design to be honest, so easy that noobies love it though unfortunately.
> > >
> > > Would love to see the gravity hammer return, i’d say it’s almost NEEDED for the griffball folk.
> > >
> > > Not fussed about the pro-pipe, railgun and focus rifle not returning. But at the same time I did love using those guns in Reach. Liked the Needle Rifle too.
> > >
> > > They’ve done a great job making the Promethean weapons actually useful and interesting and different now. Boltshot and Suppressor bullets track targets now and the Lightrifle is a brilliant support rifle. It’s a three shot kill while scoped (each shot does half someone’s sheild) meaning it’s ridiculously good for cross map teamshooting.
> > >
> > > BR Scope looks great to me, I love it. Besides, with REQ packs, you can get the old ACOGesque scope back for your BR, in fact if you preorder you get the “sential BR” unlocked. Cosmetic REQ items can be used in Arena.
> > >
> > > Where has it been confirmed that SPNKR is coming back? (I know it will probs be a REQ thing for sure at the least).
> >
> >
> > Agreed. Promethean weapons are now usefull and not generic. They have their own spin to them. They’re now unique. And agreed about the focus rifle, stupid to begin with. I enjoyed the railgun for a little but the hydra is a good replacement.
> >
> > WAIT?! WHAT? I get to use a different BR thats only effected cosmetically in ARENA?!?!?!?! I need proof of this sir. It sounds too good to be true
>
>
> Got a link for ya.

The scope doesn’t come to arena, only the skins do. Weapon variants stay in Warzone. And maybe forge/customs if we ever get confirmation that we can use them in there but that’s a different story.

Considering all the different tiers of weapons (which often have different scopes, stats, etc) as well as the Legendary variants, I think there will be plenty to work with.

The railgun more or less confirmed in Halo 5 (from in-game screenshots).

It may seem like there is not many weapons, but we haven’t seen all of them. There’s barely any footage on:
-Incinerator Cannon
-Scattershot
-Railgun
-Plasma pistol
-Fuel Rod
-Beam rifle
-Gravity Hammer

And we haven’t seen arena maps featuring much Covanent/Promethian weapons.

> 2533274872578239;19:
> The railgun more or less confirmed in Halo 5 (from in-game screenshots).
>
> It may seem like there is not many weapons, but we haven’t seen all of them. There’s barely any footage on:
> -Incinerator Cannon
> -Scattershot
> -Railgun
> -Plasma pistol
> -Fuel Rod
> -Beam rifle
> -Gravity Hammer
>
> And we haven’t seen arena maps featuring much Covanent/Promethian weapons.

I have seen images of the incineration cannon, the scattershot as well, the railgun has renders on waypoint same with the fuel rod, there are screenshots of the plasma pistol but from what I can tell, the beam rifle or gravity hammer haven’t been confirmed. Anyone got any info on those two?