Not that I'm complaining about free maps, but...

It feels like we’re getting a little duped here. Just a little.

A new Warzone map is a huge deal, I’ll give it that, but every other map in this “pack” feels lacking. A remix of an existing Arena map when Arena desperately needs some actual variety beyond tiny square maps, and two more Forge maps for BTB. Yay?

Forge mode’s release I’m not counting because it’s definitely something that should have released with the game.

Again, I’m not complaining about free stuff, because this is awesome. It’s just that it feels so very different from how Halo has handled DLC in the past and I’m unsure about the direction this is all headed. I’d gladly pay the 10 bucks for each map pack if I could just get at least 3 actual dev-tool created maps with none of them being remixes of existing maps.

Free DLC is so much better as it prevents the player population from being split up. The forge maps so far have been a lot of fun and I would prefer we get a working forge mode with lots of features than a less featured version that might have issues.

> 2533274950604834;2:
> Free DLC is so much better as it prevents the player population from being split up. The forge maps so far have been a lot of fun and I would prefer we get a working forge mode with lots of features than a less featured version that might have issues.

I do very much agree about the free DLC and how the maps are automatically placed into every rotation instead of being quarantined to their own playlists (that eventually get removed prematurely, making it so you can almost never play the maps – looking at you, Halo 4).

But Forge maps don’t count as DLC in my opinion. Forge maps are maps that anybody could create, and as Halo 3 and Reach have shown, the best of these community-created maps eventually show up in matchmaking.

Forge’s launch delay was most likely due to the Master Chief Collection’s issues (and probably its very existence as a project).

The smart thing to do would be to create their own maps, and then take the top maps from the File Browser and Forge and implement them into the general rotation as well. More maps for the public to enjoy and we don’t feel cheated because they created actual maps and not forge stuff.

You know, I’d much rather PAY for DLC then get free garbage.

“But but but DLC is free!” - receives another garbage forge map

343 knows people wouldn’t buy Forge maps and rehashes of existing maps. That’s why they’re free.

The remix maps feel like completely new maps so I can’t knock it. All btb maps will be forge made. I was upset but the maps have been fun and legit looking (other the deadlock, can easily tell it’s forge) I’ll take it. We just need more playlist…warzone infection…omg how sweet it would be.

> 2533274950604834;2:
> Free DLC is so much better as it prevents the player population from being split up. The forge maps so far have been a lot of fun and I would prefer we get a working forge mode with lots of features than a less featured version that might have issues.

Are you kidding me? It didn’t split the populations in halo 2 and 3, probably because all the maps that came out in the packs were professionally done, non-forged efforts. ANNND Halo 3 had free community forge playlists and file browsers ON TOP OF THAT, which were better maps then these forged ones.

> 2604313713106098;8:
> > 2533274950604834;2:
> > Free DLC is so much better as it prevents the player population from being split up. The forge maps so far have been a lot of fun and I would prefer we get a working forge mode with lots of features than a less featured version that might have issues.
>
>
> Are you kidding me? It didn’t split the populations in halo 2 and 3, probably because all the maps that came out in the packs were professionally done, non-forged efforts. ANNND Halo 3 had free community forge playlists and file browsers ON TOP OF THAT, which were better maps then these forged ones.

I guess you must be wearing your nostalgia goggles because you obviously don’t remember the huge backlash from the community every time paid DLC came out. The forums were full of people mad that they couldn’t afford the newest map pack and couldn’t play with their friends. As for the old forge maps being better is entirely subjective. Yes there were some awesome old forge map but are they any better or worse than we have now? Not really.

> 2533274942655628;7:
> The remix maps feel like completely new maps so I can’t knock it. All btb maps will be forge made. I was upset but the maps have been fun and legit looking (other the deadlock, can easily tell it’s forge) I’ll take it. We just need more playlist…warzone infection…omg how sweet it would be.

The remix maps feel so different because all the Arena maps themselves are so similar to each other. There’s not enough variety, so any smidgen of variety gives the impression that there’s more than there really is.

And honestly I don’t think any of the Forge maps look “legit”. Guillotine looks the least “forge-y”, but it’s still noticeably fake. Recurve is just an abomination in terms of looks. The terrain is so fake and the lighting makes adjacent pieces have jarring differences in shading.

It’s not really free dlc imo. It’s content they held back and are now making for cheaper and giving it out later.

Did they say why they aren’t making any original dedicated BTB maps?

Lazy?
Simply don’t care?
They don’t like BTB?

Why treat one of the more popular play lists like a unwanted stepchild?

> 2533274802932721;12:
> Did they say why they aren’t making any original dedicated BTB maps?
>
> Lazy?
> Simply don’t care?
> They don’t like BTB?
>
> Why treat one of the more popular play lists like a unwanted stepchild?

Seems like they just want to keep pushing Warzone, especially since the REQ packs are mainly for that and cosmetic items…

Anyways I agree. Hate that they’re relying so much on Forge maps. Seems like a cop out / cheap marketing ploy. Look, I love Plaza and a remix sounds good but we need more variety, especially in Arena. That’s where Halo has always shined brightest.

Also, would anyone else just like being able to play 12v12 BTB Slayer on Warzone maps and not actually play Warzone? I dont find Warzone all that fun and have probably only won one game since launch. These maps are awesome but being restricted to one gametype on them is unfortunate.

I agree. Not splitting up the player base is all well and good, but these are maps I wouldn’t have paid for to begin with.

> 2533274802932721;12:
> Did they say why they aren’t making any original dedicated BTB maps?
>
> Lazy?
> Simply don’t care?
> They don’t like BTB?
>
> Why treat one of the more popular play lists like a unwanted stepchild?

Because -Yoink- you, buy a req pack. They don’t want you to be playing custom games, or BTB. They want you to play the gametype that’s going to make them money. To that end, they held back multiple gametypes, forge (which must’ve been pretty damn close to finished if they were able to bring in third parties to make maps for them weeks ago) and BTB, not to mention didn’t create one single original map for BTB, because then you might not have played warzone.

All conjecture on my part, but the pieces fit and I think it’s naive to assume that MS wouldn’t want 343 to push the microtransactions as hard as possible.

> 2598282106450095;13:
> > 2533274802932721;12:
> > Did they say why they aren’t making any original dedicated BTB maps?
> >
> > Lazy?
> > Simply don’t care?
> > They don’t like BTB?
> >
> > Why treat one of the more popular play lists like a unwanted stepchild?
>
>
> Seems like they just want to keep pushing Warzone, especially since the REQ packs are mainly for that and cosmetic items…
>
> Anyways I agree. Hate that they’re relying so much on Forge maps. Seems like a cop out / cheap marketing ploy. Look, I love Plaza and a remix sounds good but we need more variety, especially in Arena. That’s where Halo has always shined brightest.
>
> Also, would anyone else just like being able to play 12v12 BTB Slayer on Warzone maps and not actually play Warzone? I dont find Warzone all that fun and have probably only won one game since launch. These maps are awesome but being restricted to one gametype on them is unfortunate.

I only enjoy Warzone Assault. I don’t care for original Warzone because of the lack of bosses, lack of A.I., and the fact that it’s not random so you also know what to expect.

If it had more modes and more A.I., I would have more fun with it.

I’ve always LOVED BTB, but this version needs, more. Especially more variety in game modes
Where’s koth, vip, heavies, etc…?

> 2533274950604834;9:
> > 2604313713106098;8:
> > > 2533274950604834;2:
> > > Free DLC is so much better as it prevents the player population from being split up. The forge maps so far have been a lot of fun and I would prefer we get a working forge mode with lots of features than a less featured version that might have issues.
> >
> >
> > Are you kidding me? It didn’t split the populations in halo 2 and 3, probably because all the maps that came out in the packs were professionally done, non-forged efforts. ANNND Halo 3 had free community forge playlists and file browsers ON TOP OF THAT, which were better maps then these forged ones.
>
>
> I guess you must be wearing your nostalgia goggles because you obviously don’t remember the huge backlash from the community every time paid DLC came out. The forums were full of people mad that they couldn’t afford the newest map pack and couldn’t play with their friends. As for the old forge maps being better is entirely subjective. Yes there were some awesome old forge map but are they any better or worse than we have now? Not really.

Exactly, people were even more pissed when they realized that they were being gated out of modes they could previously play, all because they couldn’t buy the dlc.

> 2598282106450095;13:
> > 2533274802932721;12:
> > Did they say why they aren’t making any original dedicated BTB maps?
> >
> > Lazy?
> > Simply don’t care?
> > They don’t like BTB?
> >
> > Why treat one of the more popular play lists like a unwanted stepchild?
>
>
> Seems like they just want to keep pushing Warzone, especially since the REQ packs are mainly for that and cosmetic items…

Just wondering. Does anyone buy REQ packs for anything besides armor? Because I’ve never seen that. Also, I’d imagine that they had forged BTB maps so they could bring out the gamemode quickly rather leaving us with nothing.

I’m pretty sure that once forge is released they have a lot more time to focussing on well designed maps. They are just trying to create extra maps to please the community. Personally I don’t care about forge maps, more maps the better. I know they’ve used a forge team to create these 2 maps the same time when the other BTB maps were made.

After all, the game is about gameplay, not really maps. BTB is about rampage on big maps, wether they look shiny or not, i enjoy em all.