not that bad

Why does ODST get so much -Yoink- from people? It’s not that bad, if fact, it’s a pretty damn good game.

i havent seen one thread on this forum that bashes ODST… i have no idea what your complaining about

I think the biggest complaint from ODST was the price tag. It was $60 for an expansion pack. Overall I though it was a fun game. It blows Reach out of the water but that’s not saying much.

> I think the biggest complaint from ODST was the price tag. It was $60 for an expansion pack. Overall I though it was a fun game. It blows Reach out of the water but that’s not saying much.

Since I didn’t have the DLC for Halo 3 it was really worth it for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed ever bit of it.

1. To me, ODST was definitely worth the price tag, you had all the Halo 3 maps for free and the Halo Reach Beta and the awesome campaign and FireFight.

2. Great story line, when people hate on ODST’s campaign, it’s because they want to play like a badass when they’re not. The mood, emotions, setting were well done.

Some people just don’t get those^

I don’t I’ve seen anyone complain about ODST, honestly. In fact, I just got off playing it. It’s great because its so different.

People hardly ever complain about ODST here on these forums, but there are a few threads on B.net along the line of “ODST sucks RAGE”.

Anyway, so far I’ve seen four major points people keep bringing up over and over again why they dislike ODST.

• You don’t play as Master Chief which seems to genuinely upset quite a lot of people. Personally, I don’t think that a Halo game has to feature MC to be a Halo game.
  • The price of US$ 60 is too much for many people because Bungie/MS originally said ODST wouldn’t cost more than US$ 40. But that changed once the decision fell to add H3’s multiplayer along with all the DLC, and this disappointed and annoyed quite a few people who expected the game to cost only 40 bucks.

Additionally, it wasn’t really a good bargain if you already had H3 and all the DLC that was available at that time, like I did. All you got for your money was a (rather short) campaign, Firefight, and three new multiplayer maps for H3 that you could buy seperately from February 2010 on.

• Not only didn’t you get “real” multiplayer like in other Halo games, but ODST’s FF also lacked matchmaking support. So unless you had a few mates who also liked to play FF, you were screwed and had to play alone.
  • And finally, many people disliked ODST’s campaign not only because it was quite short, but also because “it wasn’t epic enough.” They obviously expected another campaign on the scale of the first trilogy where you save mankind from almost certain doom. Instead you got a rather simple and intimate campaign that focused on the Rookie investigating the fate of his fellow squad mates.

The only point I can agree with is the price tag. Like I said, I already had H3 and all the DLC that was available at the time ODST was released. But I love ODST exactly because of its campaign. If I had known how good it is beforehand, I’d happily paid 60 bucks for the campaign alone without FF, H3’s multiplayer, or the DLC.

I personally also liked ODST and have nothing against it.

Only complaints about the game that I know of are because of the short campaign in comparison to 3.

> Only complaints about the game that I know of are because of the short campaign in comparison to 3.

Yes, I’d also have loved if ODST’s campaign was longer. But considering that ODST basically started as a kind of side project, I’m very pleased with the result.

> > Only complaints about the game that I know of are because of the short campaign in comparison to 3.
>
> Yes, I’d also have loved if ODST’s campaign was longer. But considering that ODST basically started as a kind of side project, I’m very pleased with the result.

Yeah, it was fairly well done for a 14 month (roughly) creation.

I guess the reason it was short was because of the actual story, you can’t add that much more to a Rookie finding his lost crew members.

ODST was great, in my opinion. The end of NMPD was simply fantastic. Coastal Highway showed the scope of the Covenant invasion force over Mombasa; something that was needed in Reach.

I also liked ODST. In my opinion it was the most entertaining, because ODST’s story had a sad, alone feel to it.

ODST was fun, it put a different spin on Halo. The fact that your not a genetically modified cyborg for one made a big difference. Also the free roaming made you fell like you have more control over what ways you could finish your mission. In my opinion it was a fun game that I wish they would have built on.

I loved playing firefight on last platoon.
I just played alone on automatic mode a lot of time. Anyone else just like to relax and play on automatic?