Not sure this game could survive another achilles

By this I mean another assignment that would mean a grind fest in multi-player that turns into farming. Alot of people have stopped playing Warzone because of it. And with the lack of fun game modes, stopped playing halo 5 all together since its so sweaty.

If 343i wants to add another armor that’s locked to an assignment, make it campaign related. Solo campaign on legendary gets you (_) armor. Or something of that caliber.

Lol, it’s funny cause it’s true. I also agree they should take these learnings and apply for next time. Hope there is a next time.

The game will survive but…I don’t think the casual community will.

> 2533274823153335;3:
> The game will survive but…I don’t think the casual community will.

Which is where the money comes from normally. Hell I’m a diehard hall fan and haven’t really touched this game in weeks. Besides Warzone last night

Hate to break it to you but farming would occur whether Achilles existed or not.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> Hate to break it to you but farming would occur whether Achilles existed or not.

Not really, farming wasn’t an issue until Achilles was present, I know 343 thinks otherwise so fans do too, but Achilles has ironically been the Achilles heel of Halo 5

Was never a huge fan of firefight but I think I will spend a bit of time in it to avoid the tossers in warzone. Warzone was good at launch when you could jump in solo and have fun.

Back in the days when match making was quick. I can’t believe how long it takes to get games these days.

> 2533274996224903;7:
> Was never a huge fan of firefight but I think I will spend a bit of time in it to avoid the tossers in warzone. Warzone was good at launch when you could jump in solo and have fun.
>
> Back in the days when match making was quick. I can’t believe how long it takes to get games these days.

Firefight is all I will be, putting my Nightfall and helljumper armor to the test

100% agree with this. Make Warzone great again.

Achilles isn’t entirely a bad thing: while it is encouraging some Companies to farm, it’s causing other groups to form up and play (normally) together. Naturally, that will increase the lifespan of the game.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> Hate to break it to you but farming would occur whether Achilles existed or not.

I agree, but I don’t think as many people would do it. I think Achilles has driven a lot of people who would usually just play the game to win into farming mode because it’s so effective. You’ll always have stat padders, but now it’s a lot more common than it would have been.

Check the weekly update, Achilles armor incentive hasn’t really increased farming incidents.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-the-calm-before-the-storm

Classification--------------------Week Before Achilles Announce------Week After Achilles Announce-----Change
Less than 100 kill difference—92.93%------------------------------------------93.02%--------------------------------------0.09%
100±--------------------------------6.73%-------------------------------------------6.73%----------------------------------------0.01%
200±--------------------------------0.34%-------------------------------------------0.26%-------------------------------------- -0.08%

So yeah, farming sometimes happens, but has been happening before Achilles and hasn’t really changed since Achilles was announced.

As for the grind for the armor, it’s a tough climb, but that’s why 100 people can get together to achieve it. Keep playing it, and you’ll get there. If you don’t like the grind, then don’t grind. Just play the game and enjoy it. It’s just cosmetic armor.

> 2718244060817008;12:
> Check the weekly update, Achilles armor incentive hasn’t really increased farming incidents.
>
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-the-calm-before-the-storm
>
> Classification--------------------Week Before Achilles Announce------Week After Achilles Announce-----Change
> Less than 100 kill difference—92.93%------------------------------------------93.02%--------------------------------------0.09%
> 100±--------------------------------6.73%-------------------------------------------6.73%----------------------------------------0.01%
> 200±--------------------------------0.34%-------------------------------------------0.26%-------------------------------------- -0.08%
>
> So yeah, farming sometimes happens, but has been happening before Achilles and hasn’t really changed since Achilles was announced.
>
> As for the grind for the armor, it’s a tough climb, but that’s why 100 people can get together to achieve it. Keep playing it, and you’ll get there. If you don’t like the grind, then don’t grind. Just play the game and enjoy it. It’s just cosmetic armor.

Problem with the results here - only a week after the announcement. How about post the results of up-to-date?

> 2718244060817008;12:
> Check the weekly update, Achilles armor incentive hasn’t really increased farming incidents.
>
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-the-calm-before-the-storm
>
> Classification--------------------Week Before Achilles Announce------Week After Achilles Announce-----Change
> Less than 100 kill difference—92.93%------------------------------------------93.02%--------------------------------------0.09%
> 100±--------------------------------6.73%-------------------------------------------6.73%----------------------------------------0.01%
> 200±--------------------------------0.34%-------------------------------------------0.26%-------------------------------------- -0.08%
>
> So yeah, farming sometimes happens, but has been happening before Achilles and hasn’t really changed since Achilles was announced.
>
> As for the grind for the armor, it’s a tough climb, but that’s why 100 people can get together to achieve it. Keep playing it, and you’ll get there. If you don’t like the grind, then don’t grind. Just play the game and enjoy it. It’s just cosmetic armor.

The only issue I see with those statistics is that it accounts for only the first week after the announcement (before many Companies started to formulate farming methods).

Good point OP. Anything campaign related would be nice.

True, but the need to provide something for the warzone tryhards. True it created some unpleasant memories for some people but they can suck it up and keep playing. It’s all part of the game.

> 2533274931109031;16:
> True, but the need to provide something for the warzone tryhards. True it created some unpleasant memories for some people but they can suck it up and keep playing. It’s all part of the game.

Or not waste the frustration, stop playing and let the population die like Halo 4

Pretty sure it would survive just fine.

> 2533274871929668;6:
> > 2533274816788253;5:
> > Hate to break it to you but farming would occur whether Achilles existed or not.
>
>
> Not really, farming wasn’t an issue until Achilles was present, I know 343 thinks otherwise so fans do too, but Achilles has ironically been the Achilles heel of Halo 5

Lethal’s kind of right. Farming kills even happened in older Halos. People want the armor, yea, but people also want to boost their stats. Achilles may have sped up the processes of finding the best way to farm kills in warzone, but I think it would have happened anyways.

> 2533274819586146;14:
> > 2718244060817008;12:
> > Check the weekly update, Achilles armor incentive hasn’t really increased farming incidents.
> >
> > https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-the-calm-before-the-storm
> >
> > Classification--------------------Week Before Achilles Announce------Week After Achilles Announce-----Change
> > Less than 100 kill difference—92.93%------------------------------------------93.02%--------------------------------------0.09%
> > 100±--------------------------------6.73%-------------------------------------------6.73%----------------------------------------0.01%
> > 200±--------------------------------0.34%-------------------------------------------0.26%-------------------------------------- -0.08%
> >
> > So yeah, farming sometimes happens, but has been happening before Achilles and hasn’t really changed since Achilles was announced.
> >
> > As for the grind for the armor, it’s a tough climb, but that’s why 100 people can get together to achieve it. Keep playing it, and you’ll get there. If you don’t like the grind, then don’t grind. Just play the game and enjoy it. It’s just cosmetic armor.
>
>
> The only issue I see with those statistics is that it accounts for only the first week after the announcement (before many Companies started to formulate farming methods).

I agree. I’d find it far more meaningful if they provided longer term figures. For example, I don’t think looking a week after is valid as it took time for farmers to organize then “optimize” their strategies. I’d like to see them quote one week before vs. one, two, three, four, five weeks after.

Also, I’d like to see statistics for the number of three base controls vs. core destruction over time.