Not sure if Halo 4, or Call of Duty

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Well I’m not gonna give reasons of why I hate Halo 4, but the main reason is because it is like the Call of Duty franchise. I say this simply because of the stupid new fast pace game play and the fact everyone just uses and spawns with the stupid Boltshot Pistol (Shotgun). Now like in CoD, idiots just spawn and run a round with the stupid Boltshot. Normally if you wanted a shotgun, you would have to go and find one. But in Halo 4, who has the time to do that now thanks to the new quick game play, so now you can just spawn with the Boltshot.

343, Thanks for ruining Halo. If I wanted to play a game like this, I’d just go play Call of Duty.

Halo was fine the way it was, so you should of just left it alone.

While I agree with you that spawning with a chosen weapon/having loadouts has destroyed what Halo once was, your way of wording it is simply immature.

I think it’s weird the way everyone calls Call Of Duty like it’s a swear word. I thought Call Of Duty was quite good, particularly Call Of Duty 2. Yes it’s horribly unbalanced but it’s still good fun.

I think Halo 4 is still more Halo than Call Of Duty. You still have shields and it’s not like you die in a second or can spawn with grenade launchers or get vehicle killstreaks.

lol the point is, the Halo 4 is more close to the CoD game play then the Halo game play… This is all just my opinion but its driving me away from CoD. The games are rivals so what was the point of 343 making Halo like CoD?.. It is just dumb. So far I’m not liking 343, and I am worried about future Halo’s

>

Yes, you are sure which game you are playing.

I rather play Halo 4 as it is. Then have a copy of Halo 3/Reach with the name Halo 4.

If it was a copy of Halo 3, people would be complaining they didnt do anything new.

> I rather play Halo 4 as it is. Then have a copy of Halo 3/Reach with the name Halo 4.
>
> If it was a copy of Halo 3, people would be complaining they didnt do anything new.

If they didn’t change much except a few additions (like EVERY other Halo from CE-3) people would have been very happy. Besides, Halo 4 plays more like Reach, which is a spin-off, then 3.

>

Now for my real reply.

The Boltshot. Everyone should learn to use it. Players had the same issues with the BR in Halo 2. “People spawn with their BR and don’t go for weapons, it is way OP.” Then everyone learned to use one, and now you need the power weapons again. I believe this balance will come back as people continue to master these weapons.

Fast Pace Gameplay. This is a poor way to complain about a game. If you look at any team slayer MLG video from Halo 2 and Halo 3 you will notice how truly fast-paced and crazy those games were. I agree with you on Insta-Spawn, which I assume is part of your complaint with the fast-paced gameplay.

If your true complain is about the boltshot being tuned too similar to a shotgun, you will find a lot more support here.

Respectfully,
Tripod

> Now for my real reply.
>
> The Boltshot. Everyone should learn to use it. Players had the same issues with the BR in Halo 2. “People spawn with their BR and don’t go for weapons, it is way OP.” Then everyone learned to use one, and now you need the power weapons again. I believe this balance will come back as people continue to master these weapons.
>
> Fast Pace Gameplay. This is a poor way to complain about a game. If you look at any team slayer MLG video from Halo 2 and Halo 3 you will notice how truly fast-paced and crazy those games were. I agree with you on Insta-Spawn, which I assume is part of your complaint with the fast-paced gameplay.
>
> If your true complain is about the boltshot being tuned too similar to a shotgun, you will find a lot more support here.
>
> Respectfully,
> Tripod

Name one halo game in the entire franchise where you can spawn with a one shot kill weapon in team slayer. Adapting is a poor excuse to play this abomination of a halo game.

> > Now for my real reply.
> >
> > The Boltshot. Everyone should learn to use it. Players had the same issues with the BR in Halo 2. “People spawn with their BR and don’t go for weapons, it is way OP.” Then everyone learned to use one, and now you need the power weapons again. I believe this balance will come back as people continue to master these weapons.
> >
> > Fast Pace Gameplay. This is a poor way to complain about a game. If you look at any team slayer MLG video from Halo 2 and Halo 3 you will notice how truly fast-paced and crazy those games were. I agree with you on Insta-Spawn, which I assume is part of your complaint with the fast-paced gameplay.
> >
> > If your true complain is about the boltshot being tuned too similar to a shotgun, you will find a lot more support here.
> >
> > Respectfully,
> > Tripod
>
> Name one halo game in the entire franchise where you can spawn with a one shot kill weapon in team slayer. Adapting is a poor excuse to play this abomination of a halo game.

Halo 2. Ever heard of the “BXR?” It was a glitch but nevertheless it required no charging and was never removed from the game. It was so prevalent in fact that I would argue it became less of a glitch and more a true gameplay mechanic (a la the 1sk by the boltshot).

I mean I DO hate the boltshot, but yeah this kinda thing isn’t too new to Halo.

> > Now for my real reply.
> >
> > The Boltshot. Everyone should learn to use it. Players had the same issues with the BR in Halo 2. “People spawn with their BR and don’t go for weapons, it is way OP.” Then everyone learned to use one, and now you need the power weapons again. I believe this balance will come back as people continue to master these weapons.
> >
> > Fast Pace Gameplay. This is a poor way to complain about a game. If you look at any team slayer MLG video from Halo 2 and Halo 3 you will notice how truly fast-paced and crazy those games were. I agree with you on Insta-Spawn, which I assume is part of your complaint with the fast-paced gameplay.
> >
> > If your true complain is about the boltshot being tuned too similar to a shotgun, you will find a lot more support here.
> >
> > Respectfully,
> > Tripod
> >
> > P.S. Just for the record, I hate the Bolt Shot as well.
>
> Name one halo game in the entire franchise where you can spawn with a one shot kill weapon in team slayer. Adapting is a poor excuse to play this abomination of a halo game.

Team Snipers on the Slayer Playlist. This was a staple there for a long time. The BxR as stated above. Team Rockets were a part of the Team Slayer playlist for a long time as well.

With research,
Tripod

i play a little of both, why chose one when you could play both

> <mark>I think it’s weird the way everyone calls Call Of Duty like it’s a swear word</mark>. I thought Call Of Duty was quite good, particularly Call Of Duty 2. Yes it’s horribly unbalanced but it’s still good fun.
>
> I think Halo 4 is still more Halo than Call Of Duty. You still have shields and it’s not like you die in a second or can spawn with grenade launchers or get vehicle killstreaks.

lol i agree. too many fanboys on these forums

> > > Now for my real reply.
> > >
> > > The Boltshot. Everyone should learn to use it. Players had the same issues with the BR in Halo 2. “People spawn with their BR and don’t go for weapons, it is way OP.” Then everyone learned to use one, and now you need the power weapons again. I believe this balance will come back as people continue to master these weapons.
> > >
> > > Fast Pace Gameplay. This is a poor way to complain about a game. If you look at any team slayer MLG video from Halo 2 and Halo 3 you will notice how truly fast-paced and crazy those games were. I agree with you on Insta-Spawn, which I assume is part of your complaint with the fast-paced gameplay.
> > >
> > > If your true complain is about the boltshot being tuned too similar to a shotgun, you will find a lot more support here.
> > >
> > > Respectfully,
> > > Tripod
> > >
> > > P.S. Just for the record, I hate the Bolt Shot as well.
> >
> > Name one halo game in the entire franchise where you can spawn with a one shot kill weapon in team slayer. Adapting is a poor excuse to play this abomination of a halo game.
>
> Team Snipers on the Slayer Playlist. This was a staple there for a long time. The BxR as stated above. Team Rockets were a part of the Team Slayer playlist for a long time as well.
>
> With research,
> Tripod

You didn’t seriously bring up Snipers did you? Snipers is a specific game type, designed around everyone having it, the point is, you can spawn with a One shot kill weapon in the normal part of the game, something you could not do in previous Halo’s.

Sorry but threads saying, “Halo is now COD!” are incredibly unproductive and nonconstructive.