Not playing H4 again until bolt shot is fixed

It’s sad that one gun is ruining this game. I’m this close to just getting COD, and once that happens there’s really no turning back for me. This game could be soooo much better than it is. Why the Bolt Shot is as powerful as it is and is a starting weapon is beyond me. It has ruined the game for me at this point. There are two options that I see for 343. Either remove it from a secondary weapon, or make it less powerful with less range. And this needs to happen ASAP because I’m not going to wait around for months for this to get done.

But even when and if that is fixed, this game, which really should just be called Call of Halo, sill has a ton of flaws. And anyone that wants to sit here and argue with me that Halo has not copied off COD can -Yoink-.

In order for Halo to be Halo again, and to be a great game like H1, H2, and H3 was, this is what needs to happen…

  • Fix Bolt Shot problem
  • Implement a ranking system that is visible on the console not just on waypoint, while keeping the progression system in tact for unlocking stuff to keep the people who play the game non stop to feel good about themselves.
  • Never let a game start uneven. No excuse for that.
  • Implement a penalty for when people quit out of games
  • Bring back clan matches
  • Bring back Double Team (Blows my mind that this was not included at launch)
  • Bring back a traditional FFA playlits
  • Eliminate join in progress after a certain point early in the game, or get rid of it altogether

I usually only have 1 to 2 friends on playing at a time. So let me explain to you my experiences playing with my one friend the last few nights. We play infinity slayer, it starts the game three and one. After a minute, the other team gains 3 players and leaves us with three. I constantly get killed by bolt shots, even when I have a power weapon like a sword or a hammer, and when I do kill people it’s usually only because I dodged it or he missed. The third teammate quits because there is no penalty and he doesn’t give a crap. It then leaves us two on four for most of the game until someone else joins when the game is almost over and then instantly quits once he sees we are being dominated. THIS IS NOT FUN AND IS NOT THE MAKEUP OF A GREAT GAME. IF YOU WANT TO COPY OF WHAT COD DOES RIGHT THEN FINE BUT DONT COPY ALL THE DUMB CRAP THAT THEY DO WRONG.

Halo was built on being a competitive and fair game, meaning no person had any advantages over the other. Not the case anymore. People now have all these special perks just because they have more time to play the game. Halo should have stayed true to it’s roots.

The actual gameplay minus the bolt shot is good and fun. But gameplay is not everything. The setup and structure means a lot to me, as well as other people that I know that play this game, and that is something Halo 2 mastered. Everything that Bungie did with Halo 2 was innovative. Why and how they just didn’t build off what they had is beyond me.

If the bolt shot is fixed tomorrow then I will play the game again and have fun with it. But the game will not be special like Halo 2 was. When Halo 2 was out I would plan my day around playing it and so would all my friends. It was something I looked forward to every day for years. It was always fun and it was always a challenge to build your ranks. It was the most addicting game I’ve ever played. The ups and downs and frustration and excitement. Halo 4 does not touch that.

k

The range should be toned down but that’s about it. You could slightly increase the charge time too. You do have to use it somewhat smart though and you can bait a bad player into firing off a burst and missing completely.

But lately I’ve had a few deaths to it from a pretty ignorant distance away. I’m talking further than the distance required for the Scattershot to be a one hit kill. That simply doesn’t sit well with me. Most players agree it’s broken.

People that defend it are the one’s abusing it and would most likely suck without it… but at the same time the loudest people against it are the same players that run and chase anyways. A minor tweak is all that’s needed.

> It’s sad that one gun is ruining this game. I’m this close to just getting COD, and once that happens there’s really no turning back for me. This game could be soooo much better than it is. Why the Bolt Shot is as powerful as it is and is a starting weapon is beyond me. It has ruined the game for me at this point. There are two options that I see for 343. Either remove it from a secondary weapon, or make it less powerful with less range. And this needs to happen ASAP because I’m not going to wait around for months for this to get done.
>
>
> But even when and if that is fixed, this game, which really should just be called Call of Halo, sill has a ton of flaws. And anyone that wants to sit here and argue with me that Halo has not copied off COD can Yoink!.
>
> In order for Halo to be Halo again, and to be a great game like H1, H2, and H3 was, this is what needs to happen…
>
> - Fix Bolt Shot problem
> - Implement a ranking system that is visible on the console not just on waypoint, while keeping the progression system in tact for unlocking stuff to keep the people who play the game non stop to feel good about themselves.
> - Never let a game start uneven. No excuse for that.
> - Implement a penalty for when people quit out of games
> - Bring back clan matches
> - Bring back Double Team (Blows my mind that this was not included at launch)
> - Bring back a traditional FFA playlits
> - Eliminate join in progress after a certain point early in the game, or get rid of it altogether
>
> I usually only have 1 to 2 friends on playing at a time. So let me explain to you my experiences playing with my one friend the last few nights. We play infinity slayer, it starts the game three and one. After a minute, the other team gains 3 players and leaves us with three. I constantly get killed by bolt shots, even when I have a power weapon like a sword or a hammer, and when I do kill people it’s usually only because I dodged it or he missed. The third teammate quits because there is no penalty and he doesn’t give a crap. It then leaves us two on four for most of the game until someone else joins when the game is almost over and then instantly quits once he sees we are being dominated. THIS IS NOT FUN AND IS NOT THE MAKEUP OF A GREAT GAME. IF YOU WANT TO COPY OF WHAT COD DOES RIGHT THEN FINE BUT DONT COPY ALL THE DUMB CRAP THAT THEY DO WRONG.
>
> Halo was built on being a competitive and fair game, meaning no person had any advantages over the other. Not the case anymore. People now have all these special perks just because they have more time to play the game. Halo should have stayed true to it’s roots.
>
> The actual gameplay minus the bolt shot is good and fun. But gameplay is not everything. The setup and structure means a lot to me, as well as other people that I know that play this game, and that is something Halo 2 mastered. Everything that Bungie did with Halo 2 was innovative. Why and how they just didn’t build off what they had is beyond me.
>
> If the bolt shot is fixed tomorrow then I will play the game again and have fun with it. But the game will not be special like Halo 2 was. When Halo 2 was out I would plan my day around playing it and so would all my friends. It was something I looked forward to every day for years. It was always fun and it was always a challenge to build your ranks. It was the most addicting game I’ve ever played. The ups and downs and frustration and excitement. Halo 4 does not touch that.

I’m sorry, but a gamertag like that belongs in COD. Good riddance

> k

How the hell did you bypass 10char word limit?

OP, please return this game and buy CoD.

> - Implement a ranking system that is visible on the console not just on waypoint, while keeping the progression system in tact for unlocking stuff to keep the people who play the game non stop to feel good about themselves.

why cant you see your rank on your console? i can see mine???

> > k
>
> How the hell did you bypass 10char word limit?

there is no 10char limit…

i like your suggestions. the problem with the boltshot is the clip size, you can kill 2 enemies per clip, whereas magnum’s clip is always feeling like you just needed 1 more bullet lol

if they reduce boltshot to 1 fullcharge/clip, and increase magnum by 1-2 bullet in the clip, you’d see more magnum users

I think I’ve been killed by the boltshot like… twice. Ever.

I’m sorry, but you sound like just another whinny moaning moron.

  • Fix Bolt Shot problem - There isn’t one, it works as intended, is the plasma pistol overpowered too? it can take down your shields from mid range in one shot AND stop ANY vehicle in its tracks, wow must be overpowered too. With secondary weapons you pick from mid / long range (magnum) close range (boltshot) and specialist (plasma pistol) all 3 work as they are meant to so there is no ‘problem’

  • Implement a ranking system that is visible on the console not just on waypoint, while keeping the progression system in tact for unlocking stuff to keep the people who play the game non stop to feel good about themselves - asking a bit much here arent you? they have already VASTLY improved the level system from reach and why should it not be on waypoint? its their website they have worked on, and if you dont have access to the internet on a laptop / tablet or even a mobile phone then who are you to say ‘everything should be on console’

  • Never let a game start uneven. No excuse for that - so 343 decide when people quit? this isn’t a problem with the game its the players, make a thread about them.

  • Implement a penalty for when people quit out of games - clearly a ‘solution’ to the above problem, as it worked so well on reach (not), if people want to quit a game, they will, no matter what the ‘penalties’ are. why should you punish someone for wanting to leave for WHATEVER reason, its pathetic imo. 343 implemented the ‘join in progress’ feature which in my experience cancels out any frustration caused by any teammates leaving, hell half the time I dont even realise someone has left.

  • Bring back clan matches - I do agree with this, but at the same time I feel it was more important 343 made a good online experience before throwing in new features.

  • Bring back Double Team (Blows my mind that this was not included at launch) - double team was hardly a ‘classic halo playlist’ but admit it was fun with a good friend along side you, either way 343 has stated this will roll out on one of the weekly playlists.

  • Bring back a traditional FFA playlits - why? in all honesty the new ‘regicide’ gametype is by far the best FFA experience I have ever had, it gives purpose to a gametype that was FULL of constant kill stealing and ‘cheap tactics’.

  • Eliminate join in progress after a certain point early in the game, or get rid of it altogether - seriously are you mad? you complain about one issue then ask for the solution to be removed?.. terrible logic.

I hear if you use hard light shield on close quarters maps it ricochets the bullets back in their faces. Oh wait I didn’t hear that I do that. Op is bad. Please go Cod

I love killing guys like OP with the boltshot and hear them rage, Makes my day slightly better

So will you call for the Plasma Pistol’s secondary fire to be removed as well cause it’s just supposed to be a pistol?

> It’s sad that one gun is ruining this game. I’m this close to just getting COD, and once that happens there’s really no turning back for me. This game could be soooo much better than it is. Why the Bolt Shot is as powerful as it is and is a starting weapon is beyond me. It has ruined the game for me at this point. There are two options that I see for 343. Either remove it from a secondary weapon, or make it less powerful with less range. And this needs to happen ASAP because I’m not going to wait around for months for this to get done.

Its less powerful than the magnum and the charged shot can only be shot twice before reloading, how is this overpowered again?

> But even when and if that is fixed, this game, which really should just be called Call of Halo, sill has a ton of flaws. And anyone that wants to sit here and argue with me that Halo has not copied off COD can Yoink!.

You do realize that Halo came first right?

> In order for Halo to be Halo again, and to be a great game like H1, H2, and H3 was, this is what needs to happen…
>
> - Fix Bolt Shot problem
> - Implement a ranking system that is visible on the console not just on waypoint, while keeping the progression system in tact for unlocking stuff to keep the people who play the game non stop to feel good about themselves.
> - Never let a game start uneven. No excuse for that.
> - Implement a penalty for when people quit out of games
> - Bring back clan matches
> - Bring back Double Team (Blows my mind that this was not included at launch)
> - Bring back a traditional FFA playlits
> - Eliminate join in progress after a certain point early in the game, or get rid of it altogether

  • There is no problem to fix
  • The ranking system IS visible on the console
  • No excuse for that? Its called making teams fair when people leave or DC.
  • If there isn’t there will be just like before
  • The game just came out, it will be there eventually
  • Another just need to wait for it
  • They do have FFA
  • Kind of retouching on the starting uneven thing eh? Lets see you say that when you’re left 1v4 against recruits who clearly out skill you and you have no choice but to lose a slow and painful match or quit.

> I usually only have 1 to 2 friends on playing at a time. So let me explain to you my experiences playing with my one friend the last few nights. We play infinity slayer, it starts the game three and one. After a minute, the other team gains 3 players and leaves us with three. I constantly get killed by bolt shots, even when I have a power weapon like a sword or a hammer, and when I do kill people it’s usually only because I dodged it or he missed. The third teammate quits because there is no penalty and he doesn’t give a crap. It then leaves us two on four for most of the game until someone else joins when the game is almost over and then instantly quits once he sees we are being dominated. THIS IS NOT FUN AND IS NOT THE MAKEUP OF A GREAT GAME. IF YOU WANT TO COPY OF WHAT COD DOES RIGHT THEN FINE BUT DONT COPY ALL THE DUMB CRAP THAT THEY DO WRONG.

Um what? Are you complaining that it makes the other team have fair numbers against you? And lets see, you are getting killed by bolt shots while trying to kill the people using them with the sword or hammer… Hurr durr, I can’t beat this n00b using the op bolt shot because I am using a damn melee weapon against a ranged! They will add a penalty eventually, and -Yoink- all you want halo FINALLY having people join games in progress is so much better than being stuck without a team.

> Halo was built on being a competitive and fair game, meaning no person had any advantages over the other. Not the case anymore. People now have all these special perks just because they have more time to play the game. Halo should have stayed true to it’s roots.

Halo has always had perks of sorts for the people who sought them, power weapons, armor abilities, it all came to who got them first and who could use them well. I’ve been playing Halo since CE and I personally love this new Loadout system, it lets me play like I want to play, a run in don’t give a -Yoink- meleeing/grenade throwing -Yoink- who dies almost as much as he lives most games. You’d have a point of these perks took ages to get, then every game you’d be outgunned because the people far above your lvl had perks you can not get, but you get those perks SOOO EARLY, and NONE OF THEM are so powerful that you could even argue they make things unfair. Anybody using anything can be killed by somebody with nothing, I do it quite often.

> The actual gameplay minus the bolt shot is good and fun. But gameplay is not everything. The setup and structure means a lot to me, as well as other people that I know that play this game, and that is something Halo 2 mastered. Everything that Bungie did with Halo 2 was innovative. Why and how they just didn’t build off what they had is beyond me.

I should have figured you were a Halo 2 fanboy. Halo 2 was the worst installment by far, because Bungie decided to be like the other fail shooters and cater to the horrible players. Just look up “Halo 2 n00bified” on youtube to see the proof, you could literally have your cross hair 2 feet to the side of an enemy with a rocket launcher or charged plasma pistol shot and it would still hit. I bet you were a proud user of the n00b combo yourself.

> If the bolt shot is fixed tomorrow then I will play the game again and have fun with it. But the game will not be special like Halo 2 was. When Halo 2 was out I would plan my day around playing it and so would all my friends. It was something I looked forward to every day for years. It was always fun and it was always a challenge to build your ranks. It was the most addicting game I’ve ever played. The ups and downs and frustration and excitement. Halo 4 does not touch that.

Go back to COD, simple as that. The only redeeming thing about Halo 2 that I can think of compared to the others is Dual Wield.

> It’s sad that one gun is ruining this game. I’m this close to just getting COD, and once that happens there’s really no turning back for me. This game could be soooo much better than it is. Why the Bolt Shot is as powerful as it is and is a starting weapon is beyond me. It has ruined the game for me at this point. There are two options that I see for 343. Either remove it from a secondary weapon, or make it less powerful with less range. And this needs to happen ASAP because I’m not going to wait around for months for this to get done.

It’s only a problem if you run around without checking corners.

I’ve played roughly 300 games and died from the bolts hot less than 10 times. I see the weapon as a problem but no one I come across seems to be using it.