NOT PLAYING AS THE MASTER CHIEF IN H5 CAMPAIGN?

So based on the small description of the continued story that 343i have given regarding what’s going to happen in the upcoming H5 Campaign.

How do you feel about playing as agent Locke? do you think that this will take away that awesome feeling of playing as the legendary John-117 with whom we have become so accustomed?

I personally loved the H2 campaign, second to the first HCE campaign, but I didn’t enjoy the arbiter levels as much because I knew who my character was.

Your thoughts?

I believe it has been confirmed you’ll play as both, but honestly I’m all for it. There’s so much going on in the universe at the moment that we need a second perspective just to fit it all in.

“not playing as master chief” is not the same thing as “playing as master chief and new character Agent Locke”

ut to answer your question, I’m indifferent. Atleast it isnt Palmer.

Master Chief is the MAIN character of Halo 5: Guardians. The fact that you play as Agent Locke says that he (Locke) will be a primary character but not the main.
Also, I liked to play as the Arbiter in Halo 2, in fact, I think their missions are better that Chief’s but this is just my opinion.

Sorry guys, my wording choice for the subject of my topic could have been better.

I agree with all of you, playing as other characters can be good, I suppose it makes sense that if the master chief is now missing that you would have to play with another character. I’m glad that its Locke and not anyone else. pretty keen to see if Locke has different “abilities” than the Chief.

I welcome it, nice to see another perspective and who knows Locke may play differently than the Chief.

In Halo 5, you will be able to play as Agent Locke and chief, its similar to Halo 2 were you played both characters, but i beleive you will play as all 3 characters(Chief,Arbiter, and Locke)

Playing as Arbiter wasn’t bad in 2, but I preferred playing as Chief. I just hope Cortana is back.

Playing as someone else is a welcome sight in the main games. We should have turned away from just a Chief-centric focus long ago to properly let the games expand the story.

I like playing as Chief. When I think of Halo I think of Chief.

I hope it has you playing as Arbiter and Chief as well as Locke, like Halo 2, with an extra player.

> 2535462933248352;10:
> > 2533274812652989;9:
> > Playing as someone else is a welcome sight in the main games. We should have turned away from just a Chief-centric focus long ago to properly let the games expand the story.
>
>
> I think Chief’s cool to be the main character of Halo, like Sonic is the main character in Sonic, but you’ve got Tails and Knuckles. See, and that makes the series even better. So, yeah, that’s cool.

Though later on Sonic drowned behind all the side characters. There were so many of them without any apparent reason. But Halo is called Halo, not “Chronicles of John-117”, or “Master Chief Adventures”. There’s no reason not to expand the cast of characters.